• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Aeidir

Archmage and Arch Curate
In Forgotten Vale, I've come across several paragons (emerald, sapphire, ruby, and amethyst). Does anyone know how many of these there are? I would assume there must be a garnet and diamond one somewhere. Sorry if this has already been asked, but I think I remember reading somewhere that there are five of them. Any light shed on this would be helpful.

Kalin of High Rock

Faal Lun Vahdin
Place them in the paragon teleporter, located in the forgotten vale. They will activate a portal that will lead you to chests full of gems, as well as some rare loot like the Ancient Falmer shield.

Aeidir

Archmage and Arch Curate
Cool, thanks. Do you know for a fact that there are only four? I've explored FV pretty extensively, but it's huge and I could have missed something.

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
I don't think I ever noticed these, may have to go hunting for them, I got distracted by black and purple deer and sabre cats when I played it.

Kalin of High Rock

Faal Lun Vahdin
The paragon gems are carried by frost giants. They're impossible to miss, just be sure to loot them. Diamond may have come from the side room in the temple of Auri-el, I can't remember exactly. That one was the most cleverly hidden ( as well as you can hide a giant, anyway.)

DrunkenMage

Intoxicated Arch-Mage
I must of speed ran this, because I never came across the Frost Giants, damn am I missing out on enemies.

Aeidir

Archmage and Arch Curate
You find them after killing frost giants. The ruby one is behind an altar in the inner sanctum, emerald is up high in some large falmer camp, and the other two are near the river. Sorry I don't remember clearly; you're right, FV is massive. I wish they would have given us some additional sub-locations. Same thing with the Soul Cairn.

Aeidir

Archmage and Arch Curate
Ok, my friend says diamond is up a path to the left after coming out of the glacial crevice. I'll have to go see.

Aeidir

Archmage and Arch Curate
Woah, I just discovered how hard frost giants are for a low level when you don't sneak. Anyways, the diamond paragon-holding giant now lies dead, and I think I have the complete set. I found that the diamond paragon is in fact up a small path to the left after coming out of the far side of Glacial Crevice. Must have dashed by it in my haste to kill Vyrthur.

Haru17

Lost Falmer
You find them after killing frost giants. The ruby one is behind an altar in the inner sanctum, emerald is up high in some large falmer camp, and the other two are near the river. Sorry I don't remember clearly; you're right, FV is massive. I wish they would have given us some additional sub-locations. Same thing with the Soul Cairn.

Seriously! Forgotten Vale isn't hard to traverse what with the way shrines, it's just hard to navigate. Whereas the Soul Cairn is both hard to traverse and harder to navigate (everything looks the same!). They really needed to have these places on the world map like the giant's grove with the shrine of Malacath or Hag's End.

The Ruby paragon takes you to a small, enclosed forest wherein you can kill a flamer warlord for Auriel's Shield, a matching companion for the bow (Coupled with Dawnbreaker you can almost RP a Paladin version of Link).

The paragons take you to areas where some of the four Snow Elf books are found, you can return them to the Orc librarian at the College for 1000 gold & a translated version.

The paragon teleporter is down the cliff from the third way shrine, the one just after the dragon lake. The teleporter looks like a ruined Falmer gateway to the left of the river (looking north). The small activation node sets the ruin apart from all of the other ones.

Good hunting!

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts