• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Panthera

Don Gato

Panthera

Don Gato
I was thinking... why do you guys even use term "paladin"? Bethesda was really original with the term "crusader". I mean they didn't go D&D and WoW steps. And if you go to UESPwiki and click Morrowind or Oblivion classes you will have general idea about paladins aka crusaders. And if you have Downguard you can use Downgourd heavy armor and weapons to look like crusaders + you will have extra protection and damage against undead.
But here how would I place perks for crusader class... I'm not sure how much of it is practical actually. Because I'm no expert in that class. My play style is more assassin like.

I was thinking... why do you guys even use term "paladin"? Bethesda was really original with the term "crusader". I mean they didn't go D&D and WoW steps. And if you go to UESPwiki and click Morrowind or Oblivion classes you will have general idea about paladins aka crusaders. And if you have Downguard you can use Downgourd heavy armor and weapons to look like crusaders + you will have extra protection and damage against undead.
But here how would I place perks for crusader class... I'm not sure how much of it is practical actually. Because I'm no expert in that class. My play style is more assassin like.
I don't know about Dawnguard, but the basic skillset for Crusader (AKA Paladin, Templar, Holy Warrior, Jihadeen) is Heavy Armor, 1H, Destruction, Restoration, and I'd add Alteration (Mostly for Detect Undead.) Smithing, and/or Enchanting to round it out. It ain't a Holy War (AKA Crusade) without a Patron, and Infidel Enemy. The obvious choice is Talos vs the Thalmor, though it could just as easily be Meridia/Undead (Since there's actual spells which Target them, not to mention a Sword which is incredibly Powerful against them.)

I was thinking something like this: Skyrim Perk Calculator - Plan the perks for your Skyrim character before spending them! Heavy Armor, and Robes for the Tabard look, you're basically a Battlemage (look up that class while you're at it) except for your Nemesis with a sworn enemy, or enemies. More Role Play than Build Strategy, you're looking for a joinable Faction that shares your scruples, or at least a Quest to ally yourself with a powerful Entity, which would be Meridia. If you do get into Enchanting, I will point out that the Wedding Ring (get Married) comes with a unique Fortify Restoration Enchantment. So, with Extra Effect, you can double it up on an item, or items, though you're probably going to want to get the cost of Destruction down to a spammable level. Alteration can get you near, or up to the Cap, even without Body Armor (I believe you're going for about 667 with just a Helmet, Gauntlets, and Boots, or 567+ Ebonyflesh) with Smithed up Steel Plate. Fire, because you know your enemy, and it's most effective against the Undead, and Lightning, because here there be Dragons.

Note, Dual Wield, and Impact (But no Block) so you'll have to master the transition from Magicks (at range) to Spell/sword (moving tactically in, and out of battle) and Dual Wield, which is mostly knowing when to use which, and switch for maximum damage without leaving yourself vulnerable during the draw animation. You can Impact stun, drop in your Lhand weapon (Faster draw) Critical Charge, then draw your Right Hand while a single tough opponent is staggered. So, when it's a room full of Draugr Wights with a Wight Lord (There's one like this in Forelhost) you can soften them up, or even cull them down to the Boss by carpet-bombing with Destruction, then use the Power Attack to close, and engage toe-to-toe without getting smeared.

Not unlike a Berserker in terms of relentless assault, though you have Armor, Resistance, and Spells for protection. This is religious zeal, instead of trippin balls on woad, or bloodlust. You don't Block, because in Character, you're depending on your Patron to Protect you (or bring you back if you should die) and it would take away from your merciless Destruction of the Heretics/Abominations.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts