• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

like a boss

just try my perk choice which i showed earlier, use them and believe me, you wont get killed, or at least it takes long. REALLY LONG!!!

Adam Belmont

Let me put my perspective of things in this thread:
Skills:
- Heavy armor (All perks)
- Block (All perks)
- One-Handed (All perks and the weapon of your choice, I just wouldn't recommend axes, but swords and maces, ok)
- Smithing until Advanced armors and arcane blacksmith
- I would put some points in Speech.
- Alteration until Expert for Ebony Armor, put points in Magic Resistance and Stability.
- Restoration it's up to you if you want to go to Master. I say that because on Master restoration you have a nice spell against undead but if you want to damage undead only with weapons I recommend you go with restoration until Adept, which is the max level for healing spells. In restoration you'd put on: Respite, Necromage (if you want to damage undead with spells), Recovery and Avoid Death.

Equipment:
Steel Plate is very paladin and for a weapon nothing better then the Dawnbreaker, the best sword against undead.

Race:
Any!

Alignment:
Lawful Good. You'll need to avoid any quests that could lead you to commit evil acts. And your sworn enemies obviously are the undead and any kind of daedra (Meridia should be ok since she despises any form of undead).

Edit: I forgot a important thing for the Paladin build, the Shield: I think a nice shield is the Auriel's Shield.

jonathan90

well known member
Duuuude! First of all, put down the Bong, bro. Your advice is a lot more likely to be taken if it's somewhat intelligible.

Steel Smithing, Skyforge, good. Wards are not a reasonable substitute for a Shield. You can also Bash, which really helps you stagger the opponent. Wards Stagger You when they shatter. Impact is a reasonable substitute, but runs your Magicka down (As do Wards) unless you Enchant to eliminate Magicka from the equation.

If you're doing Heavy Armor, then Elven, and so forth are a Waste (Note the spelling) unless you're intent on Steel Plate Armor, for the Paladin look. I'd go farther up the Heavy side of the Anvil to Ebony for the best Mace, if 1H is your primary damage dealer. Intense Flames is a Fear Effect, which means chasing them down when they run away, and Runemaster is a useless perk. Skip both of them.

Good job on Enchanting, but it will take forever to level it that high. Conjuration is not a Paladin School, Anti-Paladin, maybe, but all it's good for is Bound Weapons, which you don't have perks in, Summoning Daedra (Uh, that's Demons) and Necromancy. Drop it entirely.

You want Ward Absorb, it counters the high casting cost of Wards, and works with the Spellbreaker Shield (which also looks great on a Paladin.) Nothing short of a Glitch exploit protects better against dragons, and with a Ward spell, you can cast magic through it. Use them only to block Magic, they suck against physical damage.

If you drop Speech as well, you can get it to just over the soft level cap of 50, and have some hope of unlocking that many points without exercising skills you'll never use otherwise. (You need to max All of them to get 80.)

Skyrim Perk Calculator - Plan the perks for your Skyrim character before spending them!
magicka does not run down since you have alot of it.
and plus wards man,jeez dude your character smokes too much skooma and that's why he has so many bongs.

IF you start with more magicka, you will have more magicka. and stop laughing at us all of you.:oops:

Deadpool.

OG Forum member
I am a bit confused, why would you invest all those points in heavy armor and go up the light armor side of the smithing tree?
well i guess its just the smithing points.

magicka does not run down since you have alot of it.
and plus wards man,jeez dude your character smokes too much skooma and that's why he has so many bongs.

IF you start with more magicka, you will have more magicka. and stop laughing at us all of you.:oops:
Heh, I wasn't talking to your character. If you don't want to be treated like a Stoner, don't talk like one, man. As for Magicka, a good balanced build, like the Paladin needs Magicka, Stamina, and Health. Even with Capped out armor (Which the above build isn't capable of) if you have 100 HP, you're still going to get killed a lot, especially if you depend on Wards for your primary defense, dude. Regardless, even with 600 Magicka, it goes pretty horribly fast when you're Warding. Don't believe me? Try playtesting your advice before you imply you're right where everyone else is wrong, Bro.

jonathan90

well known member
Heh, I wasn't talking to your character. If you don't want to be treated like a Stoner, don't talk like one, man. As for Magicka, a good balanced build, like the Paladin needs Magicka, Stamina, and Health. Even with Capped out armor (Which the above build isn't capable of) if you have 100 HP, you're still going to get killed a lot, especially if you depend on Wards for your primary defense, dude. Regardless, even with 600 Magicka, it goes pretty horribly fast when you're Warding. Don't believe me? Try playtesting your advice before you imply you're right where everyone else is wrong, Bro.
mate, you gather a entire heap of magicka potions, that's why you have them.because you make restore magicka potions. it's not hard to make over and over again.and when you have heaps of magicka perks, that's when you get loads more less magicka used up.

mate, you gather a entire heap of magicka potions, that's why you have them.because you make restore magicka potions. it's not hard to make over and over again.and when you have heaps of magicka perks, that's when you get loads more less magicka used up.
I didn't see any Alchemy in that build, nor is there much room for it, perks wise.

jonathan90

well known member
I didn't see any Alchemy in that build, nor is there much room for it, perks wise.
dude,you buy them and you find them and you can carry an infinite heap.
even the big fat bottles of extra magicka,use them.
and there are so many ways of increasing use of magicka. how long have you been playing this game?because I know as long as you have heaps of bottles of extra magicka, or extreme magicka. you can have as much magic as you want. plus your special robes makes your magicka regenerate much , much faster. even expert robes dude.plus make as much fortify regenerate magicka as you want.and plus robes.....you will never run out of magicka dude. anyone in here would agree if they were "intelligible"???dude do you really know what your talking about when you say, "oh nah, magicka is just crap...runs out all the time" is that "intelligible" dude you get perks, you get robes, and you get potions, you make them, you craft them, and you sell them to get better potions. you work through your barter skill to sell for better potions.

jonathan90

well known member
just like I said, if your using magical block...use a ward.

and all wards block the power of spells, as well as using a physical weapon.

and plus magical armour, "alteration"

if your using magical blocks as well as physical blocks, don't forget that your building up for a mage warrior, like I was.

It's just when you repeat is 3 times per post, and have no idea what Intelligible actually means, it doesn't lend much credence to your argument. And yeah, I have played the game. Misquoting me as saying "Magicka is Crap" doesn't either.

jonathan90

well known member
It's just when you repeat is 3 times per post, and have no idea what Intelligible actually means, it doesn't lend much credence to your argument. And yeah, I have played the game. Misquoting me as saying "Magicka is Crap" doesn't either.
well you can have your opinion, but it's not my own opinion.if that's what you think.and no, I do not mean to argue I just want to hear your point of view.that's all, I am interested to know other people's point of view.

well you can have your opinion, but it's not my own opinion.if that's what you think.
That's pretty much my stance on the whole issue. He can take my advice, or your advice, or both, or neither, or some combination. I don't have anything invested in "Winning" this thread, just trying to help. Please don't junk things up like this with competition, it isn't one, and it needn't be. And again, the less like gibberish your advice is, the more likely it will be understood well enough to follow. Alls I'm sayin'.

jonathan90

well known member
That's pretty much my stance on the whole issue. He can take my advice, or your advice, or both, or neither, or some combination. I don't have anything invested in "Winning" this thread, just trying to help. Please don't junk things up like this with competition, it isn't one, and it needn't be. And again, the less like gibberish your advice is, the more likely it will be understood well enough to follow. Alls I'm sayin'.
I am the same, I am just trying to help another guy in need. I never meant to start an arguement. that's why i want to hear other people's point of view, that's all.

Panthera

Don Gato
To Jaer and Streets, both of you mentioned that paladins tend to use blunt. Where does this idea come from? (I'm really asking, not snarking.) I have honestly never heard of this in either a gaming or historical context, although 99% of my RP experience is in tabletop. I have played many games where clerics frequently have a restriction to blunts (historically based on some vague prohibition against bladed weapons discussed at one of the Vaticans), but paladins are generally seen as warriors first and can use the same range of weapons as fighters. In the historical European tradition (which Skyrim seems to be firmly grounded in) "paladin" was either a synonym for "knight" or an elite subclass of knight, where again they could use any weapon they wanted. St. George, probably the most archetypical paladin of all the legends, used a sword to slay the dragon.
St. George used lance.

OckhamsFolly

dude,you buy them and you find them and you can carry an infinite heap.
even the big fat bottles of extra magicka,use them.
and there are so many ways of increasing use of magicka. how long have you been playing this game?because I know as long as you have heaps of bottles of extra magicka, or extreme magicka. you can have as much magic as you want. plus your special robes makes your magicka regenerate much , much faster. even expert robes dude.plus make as much fortify regenerate magicka as you want.and plus robes.....you will never run out of magicka dude. anyone in here would agree if they were "intelligible"???dude do you really know what your talking about when you say, "oh nah, magicka is just crap...runs out all the time" is that "intelligible" dude you get perks, you get robes, and you get potions, you make them, you craft them, and you sell them to get better potions. you work through your barter skill to sell for better potions.

I hate to get involved, but Psiberzerker is a pretty big build tester (edit for clarity: and thus has a lot of experience with the game). His point is that the build should be self-sufficient; you should not be relying on random loot and store list generation in order for it to succeed. Not that magicka is crap. I am sure he would be among the first to refute that.

Morgan

St. George used lance.

But we don't have lances in Skyrim! :)

The next-most common weapon he's depicted with in tapestries and illuminations is a sword. Many of them show a broken lance through the dragon with St. George finishing it off with his sword, "Ascalon."

(edited to add sword's name, which had escaped me)

Panthera

Don Gato
But we don't have lances in Skyrim! :)

The next-most common weapon he's depicted with in tapestries and illuminations is a sword. Many of them show a broken lance through the dragon with St. George finishing it off with his sword, "Ascalon."

(edited to add sword's name, which had escaped me)
I know there aren't lances in Skyrim... just saying, cuz I don't remember St. George with sword. :)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts