• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

LotusEater

I brake for blue butterflies
I came out of a little tomb at the base of the mountain over by Ivarstead and I'm greeted by a dragon corpse. So I go to loot it and I notice it's Paarth. Wtf? I was gonna kill him anyway after the main quest (once a dragon, always a dragon) but someone else beat me to it. I've advanced in the main quest far enough to not need him anymore but it still seems odd.

Did he fall off the mountain???

LotusEater

Negative. No followers. Really weird. No evidence of a scuffle with guards (in other words, no steel arrows to loot). Nothing around and it was just a small barrow so I was only in there like 30 minutes game time and he wasn't there when I went in.

LotusEater

I was just gonna say that I'm gonna have to break my 'no fast travel rule' and go check. But the corpse had the same broken horn so...

EDIT

Ya... Throat is a ghost town. Lol. I'll never know what happened to that traitor. I hope he died a painful death.

DOUBLE EDIT

I did find an ancient Nord sword laying on the ground though near his perch. Curious. I've never carried a sword like that.

Nighthiker77

Are you running a mod like more dragons, even more dragons, etc? I've had duplicate named dragons spawn running them and there's always something glitched about them, but it doesn't break the save. Things like landing dead, no dragon soul, no loot, or disappearing corpse

LotusEater

Are you running a mod like more dragons, even more dragons, etc? I've had duplicate named dragons spawn running them and there's always something glitched about them, but it doesn't break the save. Things like landing dead, no dragon soul, no loot, or disappearing corpse

Ran the main quest just long enough to grab Dragonbane then abandoned it and started roaming.

Hermaeus Mora

Ancient Nord swords are held by Draugers. Since you came out of a tomb, I would assume that tomb was a Nordic Tomb.

But I doubt Draugers could beat Paarth....

LotusEater

Ancient Nord swords are held by Draugers. Since you came out of a tomb, I would assume that tomb was a Nordic Tomb.

But I doubt Draugers could beat Paarth....

No, the corpse was laying at the base of the mountain, outside the tomb. The sword was all the way up on top at the throat, laying right in front of the word wall.

LotusEater

I'm wondering if I may have initiated something with the Blades unknowingly and Esbern and Delphine went and took care of business. Still doesn't explain the Ancient Nord Sword in front of the Word Wall.

OBVIOUSLY....

The draugr were pissed off at you for killing their friends so they killed paarthunax and left a sword to send a message. Duh.

In all seriousness though, on rare occasions dragons fight each other and that may have happend to paarthunax. It's also possible that you dropped an ancient noes sword there because you were past your weight limit.

Argonianale7

Sheratopia
The Blades will have a field day hearing this.

Must either be a glitch, or a fight with another dragon, see how far back your reload was.

Serperior

I had a glitch like this today. I killed a blood dragon and then the objective go talk to esbern blah blah blah appeared.

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
Wow, that's really weird. I didn't think Paarth could be killed by anyone else but the Dragonborn.
I accidently killed him. I hit him and Alduin with Dragonrend and Paarth glitched out on me. Got stuck in this weird-assed position and I shot him with a couple of arrows. Fast travelled away and came back.. and he dropped dead. I was seriously bummed, because I didn't want to kill him and now stupid Esbern and Delphine think I did it because they asked me to.

The Wanderer

Young Heritic
Did you ever attack him? Like even hit him once? That usually kills him on mine, I'd hit him once then fast travel away and I'd absorb his soul...

LotusEater

It had to be some kind of weird glitch I created by having so many quests unfinished. I was playing a wanderer type wood elf that only completed quests if they were on the way to whatever mine, hunting ground or fishing hole he was headed to. I had an intense amount of unfinished quests in my log.

It's all good. I was totally gonna kill him anyway. He's too easily swayed and obviously has no self control if he has to sequester himself onto a mountain for ages. Why wait around for him to change his mind and attack man again? He betrayed man once, then betrayed the dragons for man, hid on a mountain for ages contributing nothing. He knew Alduin was back before anyone else and did nothing but hide until someone else came along to deal with it.

He's a worm... not wurm... a WORM!

:)

I had this happen in my playthrough, I was doing some stuff in Winterhold, so I'm leaving from the college, and I see a Dragon in the sky, and Guards shooting it with arrows, then it falls, and I arrive, standing there, I absorb it's soul, then look at it to loot, and notice its Paarth, so i fast travel to TotW to check and no Paarth...

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts