• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Was it worth your money?

• Yes

Votes: 41 97.6%
  • No

Votes: 1 2.4%

• Total voters

Mini Mongo

Drog Do Faal Mongonite Lahvu
So guys, I gotta ask, what did you all think of Dragonborn? I personally loved it, and yes there's a few glitches, and maybe the main quest could have had more quests, but overall I loved it.
Plenty of hours of gameplay, new Dragon Priests, new enemies, NPC's, quests, treasures, secret items, amazing gear, Dragon Riding (a slight disappointment) and the hole new feel of things, it's like another game.

zane

Have to say yes. 20 dollars generous in my opinion for skyrim dlc. Adding on more than 5 hours is rare to see with dlcs nowadays.
With added armors and weapons, npcs, creatures, ingredients etc - I am VERY happy with the dlc.

Could some things have been better? yes. Is any game or game company perfect? no. Has Bethesda come anywhere close to disappoint us on the level as Fable franchise?
-nuff said :D

Mini Mongo

Drog Do Faal Mongonite Lahvu
Have to say yes. 20 dollars generous in my opinion for skyrim dlc. Adding on more than 5 hours is rare to see with dlcs nowadays.
With added armors and weapons, npcs, creatures, ingredients etc - I am VERY happy with the dlc.

Could some things have been better? yes. Is any game or game company perfect? no. Has Bethesda come anywhere close to disappoint us on the level as Fable franchise?
-nuff said :D
Exactly, with all these new things to be added to the DLC, and the new Locations, making it feel almost as if a new game, it has been an amazing DLC in my opinion like you. Way better than Dawnguard, as though that was good, it kept the same feel, Dragonborn completely changes that, making it feel like another game.

KattSand

Premium Member
It was well worth the money. I really like the little things they added, things that people who just rushed through the main quest now have missed out on. It's not the same when you play it a second time because by then you'll most likely already have heard of all these things so I'm glad that I'm taking my time with this one. Thank the (daedric) lords that it's friday tomorrow so now I'll have to whole weekend to finally sit down and really enjoy this dlc without the stress of knowing that I have to get up really early in the morning.

Beelzemonic

Yea, for me, this Dragonborn dlc was well worth the cost. I wish they was a longer main quest, because its extremely short, however the rewards is very nice, and this dlc makes up for the short main quest with a stunningly beautiful land and a nice amount of side quests, as well as great rewards.

Sean

lost somewhere
Seeing as I didn't have to pay for it, yeah it was worth the money :D

But, either way, I would have purchased it.
It's a great DLC, and it does have a few flaws, but overall its a great DLC.

Some things seem to have been done by Bethesda to troll people like watching NPCs turn into werebears, and same with the spears.

Still, I would give it an 8.8/10, and it is probably one of my favorites by Bethesda.

Saozig

Hippy
Dragonborn DLC--$20. A gloriously funny sneak attack on the group of prostrating rieklings--priceless.

I haven't finished the main quest, but I've played it for several hours the day it was released, and again today, for about 5 hours and counting (the day's still young!). So far I've done several quests and favors, have a new house, have tons of new gear and other things, gone netch hunting, have uncovered clues about the Ash Spawn and have unlocked at least three achievements, including Solstheim Explorer, apparently for running all over the island getting into all sorts of trouble.

I really love it and often find it hilarious. I also like that it's challenging enough that I had to shift my character's skill set and figure out a better approach to combat.

Right now I'm about to dive into some Dwemer ruins with the Dunmer wizard Neloth and my follower Marcurio and the two of them together is crazy. And I love Neloth's house.

And I think that's Patrick Stewart doing the voice of the Raven Rock steward--can't confirm it (can't find ANY info on the voice actors in this) but it sounds exactly like him.

$20 for all of this? I'm happy.

I'm glad I didn't read any of the leaked info or had any personal expectations/wishlists for this DLC. I can enjoy it for what it is.

Oh and yes, I've run into a couple of glitches but nothing I couldn't work around either by reloading or fast-traveling away.

EDIT: I've encounter a couple of glitches or possible glitches that I appear stuck with. See my 2nd post in the glitches thread about those.

Also I not sure anymore if the Raven Rock steward's voice is done by Patrick Stewart. It sounds like a Patrick Stewart/Ian McKellan type, but I still cannot find any bleeping info on the voice actors for this, and if they used someone as famous as Stewart or McKellan, you'd think they'd announced it.

Pharaun159

Yea, for me, this Dragonborn dlc was well worth the cost. I wish they was a longer main quest, because its extremely short, however the rewards is very nice, and this dlc makes up for the short main quest with a stunningly beautiful land and a nice amount of side quests, as well as great rewards.

All the factions have been shorthanded in the quest department. Something i hope bethesda will fix in the next game. But i found all the morrowind references and easter eggs refreshing. The insane mage outside the tevanni tower? scrolls of incarian flight anyone lol!

Its definetly straining my wifes temper lol!

Uncle Farty Pants

Yes, the main quest was shorter than i expected (still a very good main quest line though) but all the side quests more than make up for it. Not to mention SOLSTHEIM!!!

Haru17

Lost Falmer
lol as I voted I wondered how many people were being downers, but then I saw the 21 votes, 100% Bethesda put so many unique resources and spells into this DLC. From the Raven Rock buildings to the unique mushrooms or the steam-breath helmet and lazer-beam greatsword or even werebear enemies and perk reseting this DLC is chock-full of effort and creativity.

Cylos

The Last Dragonborn
Was it worth my money? Yes
Did it have good content? Yes
Overall opinions? Bethesda rushed it so as to get a christmas DLC, Miraak's mask enchantment was so bad. There are other reasons for me thinking this btw.

Haru17

Lost Falmer
Was it worth my money? Yes
Did it have good content? Yes
Overall opinions? Bethesda rushed it so as to get a christmas DLC, Miraak's mask enchantment was so bad. There are other reasons for me thinking this btw.

Yes, thank you! Simple +magicka is too basic and surpassed by max enchanting. We should have got a crazy tentacle spit like the Lurkers have and 1/3 of the damage it deals (30 per hit) is regained as magicka or something like that. Also his sword was so cool-looking that a lousy 15 stamina absorption didn't do it justice, it should've had another crazy tentacle proc. The enchantment on the armor was also impractical.

I also wish that the Visage of Mzund attack did double or even triple damage as it is way to weak to be worth 50ish stamina even on Adept. I haven't tried it with max stamina regen gear yet, but at present it is way too weak.

I am very satisfied with the Bloodskal Blade, chaos damage enchant, and even content with the Visage of Mzund. I just would have liked some of the unique items's enchants in Dragonborn to have been more unique, useful, or practical.

sticky runes

For under £7 it's really not bad at all. Some of the new NPCs are awesome, Neloth cracks me up with the things he says, and exploring those dwarf ruins with him was a lot of fun. I also really like the Skaals.

Dragon riding has been a disappointment. As soon as I got on the thing, I wanted to get off, I couldn't see what the f#ck was going on. But I suppose bend will is a good way of getting the dragons away from a town if you're worried about losing shopkeepers.

I'm not too fond of the new armour sets either. The bone and chitin outfits look like something out of power rangers. I wish they had given us more skimpy outfits, I don't like anything that covers my character completely, especially head gear, as it defeats the point of creating a unique looking character.

Apocrypha looks amazing, and I thought a lot of the new monsters looked ridiculous when I first saw them in screenshots, but when I actually met them in the game, I quickly came to like them. The lurkers looks awesome. and those werebears scare the crap out of me whenever they show up.

I'm also liking the new powers we get in Apocrypha - finally, an ability to stop me from hurting my followers! But I might swap that for something else later. And the perk resetting room is a nice touch for my early characters who I wasted certain perks on.

I haven't done every new quest yet, but I'm hoping I can buy a house on Solstheim at some point.

Love it, better than Skyrim. I started out with Morrowind, and the Dunmeri culture is the main thing that got me addicted to TES universe. To be honest, the Neoscandinavian skyrim was a bit of a letdown after that, but they made up for it with graphics, interface, and mechanics.

Great Dungeons, and Quests. Avoiding Spoilers here, but many of the crypts are as long, and in depth as Forelhost, or Labrynthian, only there's more like this, and less like random 1 room caves with a couple Bears in it. My favorite so far is the Dig, where you have to come and invest, then come back at intervals to check on the progress, and explore then new areas as they get uncovered. Yeah, it's frustrating, but delightfully realistically so instead of like Ustengrav, or Dustman's Cairn where you discover it, go to unlock the quest for them, then come back to find it magically opened up over night! (That always kind of bothered me.) I've been on real digs, and 2BPH, it's still rediculously accellerated, but the whole game is likeat with the ability to heal mortal wounds in a matter of minutes, and a day/night cycle every few hours. I just suspend my disbelief, and figure this universe just has a different timescale from ours, and it's an artifact of looking in from outside. (For instance, I left it for a few years, and when I came back, centuries have passed, not unlike Narnia, or Oz.)

MiniPea

The Dark Lord of Skyrim
As the first Skyrim DLC to come out for PS3, I found it very good. And heck, it was only 6 pounds!

ShenziSixaxis

Article Writer
I basically beat it in one day, even with doing side quests and exploring and game breaking glitches that required tiresome amounts of time to fix and frequent freezing/CTDing.

So in short, I LIKE IT but I feel like it was some seriously rushed DLC that was not worth 20 bucks the way it was released.

As the first Skyrim DLC to come out for PS3, I found it very good. And heck, it was only 6 pounds!
You guys back to Sterling on that side of the pond, guv? I thought you were still on the bleeding Euro, or has that finally collapsed allready?

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts