Outfit Ideas for Native American Character

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Jaeger

YoungLord: why are you playing this game when it's degrading scandavian, Italian and Celtic culture?

YoungLord94

Yokudan Refugee
Oh really? Please tell me which Cherokee band she belonged to. And do you spend much time with your native family? Have you been raised with the traditional teachings of the Cherokee culture? and are you an enrolled tribal member? These kind of things DO matter, especially to enrolled Natives.

Quanah

Bosmer Shadowscale
U should've went wood elf instead of red guard if you wanted to do the whole people of nature thing.

YoungLord94

Yokudan Refugee
Mages, Elves and Dragons arent real. Natives are and their culture is in danger. don't make this out to be something its not. look i can see this is an aimless battle on my part. so I'm just gonna bounce. peace. you guys should really checkout those links i posted.

Jaeger

Mages, Elves and Dragons arent real. Natives are and their culture is in danger. don't make this out to be something its not. look i can see this is an aimless battle on my part. so I'm just gonna bounce. peace

Did I ask anything about them? Don't be obtuse. I asked about the Scandinavian, Italian and Celtic cultures.

If they are in danger, it's not because of somebody wanted to play a psudohistorical representation of a certain criteria but receiving a government paycheck, sitting around on their ass. A man needs focus, to do something for the community. He's not going to do that, getting housing, a paycheck, and doing nothing for it.

Andante

Roleplaying Moderator
Mages, Elves and Dragons arent real. Natives are and their culture is in danger. don't make this out to be something its not. look i can see this is an aimless battle on my part. so I'm just gonna bounce. peace

Native culture in danger? I think you're a couple centuries late on that argument. Besides, that's a bit of a stretch to claim that something as harmless as a videogame is "endangering" a culture. Mages, Elves and Dragons may not exist, but as part of Norse mythos they do, which is itself part of Nordic culture. If you're going to claim making a Native American themed character is offensive to Native culture, you must also admit that the use of Nordic culture in Skyrim is offensive. Neither argument makes much sense, in my opinion.

I agree, this conversation has gone much further than need be. Though, I cannot see the harmless act of creating a character that emulates a Native American as a complete assault on Native culture as you do. That's a very abstract conclusion to draw from a well-intentioned act. I'm a student anthropologist, so believe you me, I'll be the first to harp about cultural sensitivity, but I do not see any harm in this whatsoever.

Azriel

SuperAxilla

Article Writer
Foresworn is all I could think of. I'm a Native American, as well. Direct line of descent to Pocahontas and Powhatan. Granny's a member of the whole Jamestown Historical society thing.

brandon

go forsworn and use alteration to buff your armor i didnt take my alteration up that high but you can smith and enchant your way to decent armor ratings. i have a ring necklace and guantlets that boost my armor up another 100 points. add that with the higher magic armor spells and you could get the forsworn armor close to 700 easily. the wolf armor you get from hircine is good but i dont think it would work well with an indian build. as for race i was thinking wood elf and just either crop the ears down or give him long hair. that way you still get the animal friend ability or whatever it is. you can either call an animal to your side or calm them down. go sneak with forsworn weapons and i found a pretty strong bow that looks like a mix between forsworn and imperial. its made of wood or iron i think. but i cant remember where i found it.

Nyneve

Nyneve Atredies - Dunmer Murderess
Savior's Hide is gonna be your best bet probably. I think it is the best armor of that look.
Just to be clear I find nothing insulting about Skyrim from the Celtic/Norse view. I think they did a very well rounded job and I have enjoyed the small references. I also understand that, though based on a particular mythology, its supposed to be its own game and you should play as you wish. If someone doesnt like it, they can just not read your posts discussing your character.

Grey Fox

Mages, elves and dragons DO exist. So does Santa Clause for that matter. How dare you attempt to disrupt my reality.:p

Jaeger

go forsworn and use alteration to buff your armor i didnt take my alteration up that high but you can smith and enchant your way to decent armor ratings. i have a ring necklace and guantlets that boost my armor up another 100 points. add that with the higher magic armor spells and you could get the forsworn armor close to 700 easily. the wolf armor you get from hircine is good but i dont think it would work well with an indian build. as for race i was thinking wood elf and just either crop the ears down or give him long hair. that way you still get the animal friend ability or whatever it is. you can either call an animal to your side or calm them down. go sneak with forsworn weapons and i found a pretty strong bow that looks like a mix between forsworn and imperial. its made of wood or iron i think. but i cant remember where i found it.

570ish is the highest armor rating including magic flesh spell, lord stone, perks, etc.. Anymore than 570ish (think 576) is a waste and unneeded. You're wasting your time, magicka casting the flesh spell.

Jaeger

Savior's Hide is gonna be your best bet probably. I think it is the best armor of that look.
Just to be clear I find nothing insulting about Skyrim from the Celtic/Norse view. I think they did a very well rounded job and I have enjoyed the small references. I also understand that, though based on a particular mythology, its supposed to be its own game and you should play as you wish. If someone doesnt like it, they can just not read your posts discussing your character.

Are you butthurt by the Minnesota Vikings mascot?

http://www.google.com/search?q=Viki...ct=mode&cd=2&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAQ&biw=1024&bih=690

Nyneve

Nyneve Atredies - Dunmer Murderess

Swordsmansmith

Younglord94 : Yes I know a lot about the culture as a history buff. And as far as the Cherokee go, I live near the Appalachian mountains and have visited where they lived and where some still do. I have walked the trail of tears. So dont come to me as "appropriating their culture". Its called role playing in a game. So far in game everything Ive done has lined up with history. I crouch next to a slain deer and give thanks for its sacrifice. I use only daggers,bows and axes since there are no tomakawks. Ive met several native americans and they were all much more pleasant to speak to than you. Youre not trying to help you just wanted to run your mouth and seem like you know what youre talking about. How ironic Adante is of native american descent and is being helpful and not offended and you are not yet you want to criticize and complain.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts