Original Dragon Quest Now Out On Mobile

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Shawn Hopkins

We're going super old school today. I first played Dragon Quest back when it was localized as Dragon Warrior, on the NES. It was the start of a life-long addiction, one that went from early JRPGs, to more complex computer RPGs, to Skyrim and other Elder Scrolls games, of course. It's why I was up at 7 a.m. Wednesday morning trying to beat Aec'Letec in Baldur's Gate, even though I had to work.

And now it's moved from the humble technology of the past to your fancy tablets and phones.

“Dragon Quest is an extremely pivotal title within the industry; not only was it one of the first highly successful turn-based RPG’s, but it also spawned the successful franchise and set the standard for all other role-playing video games,” said Noriyoshi Fujimoto, the producer of the mobile Dragon Quest series for Square Enix, in a press release. “We are thrilled to bring the legend of Dragon Quest to mobile devices and cannot wait for new and old fans to rediscover the RPG that won the hearts of two generations.”

The new version has slightly updated graphics and gameplay (based on the Japanese-only Super Famicom version) and a new portrait orientation to fit phones.

The game is out for iOS and Android for $2.99 and features no in-app purchases.
View the Post on the Blog

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts