• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Anwrise888

A very naughty naughty kinky mage....
"Obould" Do you mean Obould Many-Arrows

Zolo-Shea

Lizard Wizard
orcs *snickers* I used to play D&D and I got so used to them being mooks, it was a refreshing surprise to see them as strong melee fighters in Skyrim. Still, they cower in fear of my magic. ;)

If anyone is looking for cool orc names I know a few good ones from my D&D days:

Graul
Obould
Innoruuk
Garundor Oxflayer

I like to use Orcs as often as possible when I'm DMing, it's true.

Daedra'Mc'Bitch

The female orcs have identical walking animation to that of the MEN in the game, AND they have under bites. Kind of a turn off for me.

Not only that, but unlike Altmer, Dunmer, Bosmer, Nords, Bretons, Argonians and Reguards, they lack innate bonuses like +50 magicka or 50% resistance to anything. At least they have that awesome once-a-day power.

Zolo-Shea

Lizard Wizard
While we're on the subject of names, I'm going to be starting an Orc soon (once my new Xbox arrives by this Friday at the latest!) I haven't been able to play for months, but that doesn't stop me from fantasizing (nonstop) about the Orc I will eventually make. This Orc we're naming is going to wear heavy armor, probably use two-handed weapons, and I'm going to try to tack on somekind of magic (not to mention LYCANTHROPY.) So I'm going with a shamanistic angle, he's very connected to nature. Any suggestions?

Benthos

Proud Mer
My username is after my 2nd character I built on my new PSN account after my last one went down. Benthos is my Orsimer character and he is a dual wielding and two handed maniac! I prefer Warhammers and duel wielding Waraxes.

I've never made one; they have polyamorous relationships, names that share a sound relation to exhalations of bodily gas, and they are (apologies to all Orcs out there) pretty unattractive by my human standards. The under-bite doesn't help. Another problem I personally have is that they seem very brutish; no magic or fanciful chivalry will do. Even the women are surly smiths.

However, they definitely fill a role-play style that pretty much no other race can fill, and I've got a build planned out for my ~*VERY OWN ORC*~ "Princess Ppbbthhthhbpth or BURRRRRP"

Oh, I'm so superficial, but I also dislike the hairstyles.

Anwrise888

A very naughty naughty kinky mage....
"The under-bite doesn't help."
Speak for your self. I find the under-bite very kinky. Like a chick with a uni brow or a hairy nipple. ^_^

Daedra'Mc'Bitch

"The under-bite doesn't help."
Speak for your self. I find the under-bite very kinky. Like a chick with a uni brow or a hairy nipple. ^_^

An under-bite with canines sticking outside the mouth even when it's closed? I find your taste in kinkiness (Is that even a word?) intriguing.

I don't lie orcs because they take all the challenge out of the game. Even on Master, if you just play them like orcs, you can only go so far before Yawning... Armor, Smithed up to the cap with Berserker Rage on top means 1/10th of the damage for a mad minute while you wade in, and crush them (I went dual axes with Elemental Flurry to reall romp.) At some point, you have to Console in stupid forces for a bit of a challenge until you're left with a repetetive killfest. 10 Uterfyke trolls, hit Z, and jam on the attack buttons until it's over.

I much prefer Redguard, I can get a chalenge out of them, and win through switching tactics instead of mindless button mash. If I want to play Dynasty Warriors, I just load up dynasty warriors, instead of dumbing down a much more interesting game to pretty much the same thing with simpler attack kata.

Cazimir

I've never played an orc myself, but intend to in the future. Just made an Orc follower in the Creation Kit, though. She's a mage. Wanted something different and didn't really bother considering that orcs are made for axe-swinging. I'll see how she works out.

Volanere

Grand Magister
I just started my Orc character and I gotta say I think it may be my favorite race, although I do like the bosmers badassery with the bow.

Zolo-Shea

Lizard Wizard
Chugra gro-Borguts, I think that's the name I'm going with. My shiny new Xbox 360 Slim showed up at my doorstep today (just about tripped over it because I was half an hour late for work!) After I get off work, the legend of Chugra gro-Borguts begins tonight... He shall be honorable yet savage, well-connected to nature, with an unshakable respect for the wishes of Hircine. That's right, Malacath can go screw! I'm a werewolf, baby! Curse prince hasn't done nothin' for me or my race, save for the mountains upon mountains of grief n' hardship...

Saozig

Hippy
I'm creating an Orc character tonight. Want to have him/her tear off after the escape from Helgen and go bulldozing through the countryside, just because that's what I'm in the mood for. I mean, tomorrow's suppose to be the end of the world, so why not act like it? :D

Already picked out the name: Oillteil the Fated. "Oillteil" (pronounced oyl-cheel) is Gaelic for "dreadful, frightful, grisly". Backstory: he/she lost an intimate partner and came to Skyrim to look for a new mate and seek allies in the Orc strongholds, but has some anger and grief he or she will need to work through first. Especially after being nearly executed right after crossing the Skyrim border.

Zolo-Shea

Lizard Wizard
Now I'm thinking more along the lines of Worgo the Wolfheart. I really gotta advertise the fact that I'm a werewolf, y'know? Orc first, but werewolf second. Both lineages are a pretty big deal. That's what makes Worgo such a complicated mer.

Chowder138

Proud member of PAHAAA.
Orcs Anybody??

No.

I mean, if you want to play a cold-blooded bastard that mows down anyone in his path, go right ahead. It's good for tanking. But if you plan on playing as anything else, don't be an orc.

Zolo-Shea

Lizard Wizard
No.

I mean, if you want to play a cold-blooded bastard that mows down anyone in his path, go right ahead. It's good for tanking. But if you plan on playing as anything else, don't be an orc.

Chowder, you are talking some sraight-up blasphemy right there! Although I notice in your signature you play an Argonian, so I really can't fault you there. Seriously, Argonians are way cool. Same goes for donkeys :)

Nevertheless, Worgo the Wolfheart lives! I was up until 7:40 am this morning making sure my Orc "were-barian" had the Ring of Hircine to go with his oh-so-awesome lycanthropy (and where can I pick up my old-school Skyrim props for playing WAY past my bedtime?) I can't tell you all how good it feels to get off work, wolf-out, and maul some random bandit cave--but I'll sure try: it feels REALLY, REALLY GOOD. Using Berserk Rage and/or Oakflesh before wolfing-out really adds to the carnage factor!

Chowder138

Proud member of PAHAAA.
Chowder, you are talking some sraight-up blasphemy right there! Although I notice in your signature you play an Argonian, so I really can't fault you there. Seriously, Argonians are way cool. Same goes for donkeys :)

Nevertheless, Worgo the Wolfheart lives! I was up until 7:40 am this morning making sure my Orc "were-barian" had the Ring of Hircine to go with his oh-so-awesome lycanthropy (and where can I pick up my old-school Skyrim props for playing WAY past my bedtime?) I can't tell you all how good it feels to get off work, wolf-out, and maul some random bandit cave--but I'll sure try: it feels REALLY, REALLY GOOD. Using Berserk Rage and/or Oakflesh before wolfing-out really adds to the carnage factor!

I'm not trying to say that all Orcs are stupid mongoloids that do nothing all day but bash heads in and laugh at "dem smart folks." The Orc in the Arcaneum is proof of this. But strictly playstyle speaking, playing an orc is useless if you're going to be a thief or mage unless you like the look of them. Orcs are really only good for tanks/warriors. Races like Argonians are kind of all-around races that you can really do anything with.

Zolo-Shea

Lizard Wizard
Oh for sure, and please forgive my zealotry! I simply love Orcs. It's not just how they look, but also their origin and mythology is undeniably cool. Of all the mer, they're the ugly step-children: not so good at magic or being pretentious, just a hard-boiled and sturdy people. I much prefer the light-armor wearing mystic approach, but I hear an Orc in heavy armor can do the job pretty well.

Juracan

Dirty deeds done dirt cheap
No need for forgiveness.

Singular belief in the AWESOMENESS of the Orc needs no apology. I've played the cerebral Mage, the shifty
Archer Assassin and the noble Knight. Didn't tickle me like decapitating a frozen Draugr Overlord with an enchanted Greatsword like I'm a green smelly Jose Canseco.

And button mashing didn't defeat the better foes on Master, you have to use all the tools at your disposal including tactics and strategy to take down a room full of opponents that includes a higher level Draugr/Bandit/Mage. Maybe it's me, maybe I'm unschooled in the warcraft of defeating our common enemy, but I just can't "easily" walk through a dungeon mashing buttons and walk out victorious. Not enough Stamina and Health to wade right in swinging, can someone tell me if I'm wrong?

As for adopting Hircine, oh well. Like Conan and Crom!!!!, I will always live with the curse of Malacath for that is my weary fate. I am, and always will be, a cursed Orc living each day as if it will be my last.

Woe be the one who still believes they can best me though....a lesson seems to be in order.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts