• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

conchvegas

Aravis, deadly archer
I choose an Orc. Named it Kil. Pretty cool so far. Can kill someone with a single blow from my war hammer. I just love the fact he's so ugly, yet everyone treats him normally. A Orc hero.

Vaalic

I am playing an Orc assassin named Grimm. He is awesome, dark black with bright blue eyes, and you will never see him coming, BAM! Backstab......

Zatam Zar

.esrever ni ti daeR
I guess a reason would be, for some, that the Orcs don't look brilliant. That was a reason for me & the fact that, as you said, theres only a single playstyle you can really have with an Orc, theres no mixing with magic or anything very easily. Your character is designed to be a swinging bad-ass mothertrucker. Also, when using an Orc I could see it being an easy way to play the game. I mean, on my Nord char, which is no where near as powerful as an Orc in melee, it's incredibly easy.

On another note, have you come across any Orc strongholds yet? I'm assuming not but just curious.
when i first found a stronghold i instanly made an orc, untill i found out you can do a simple quest to become a respected member.

SilentCO1

My first and only orc was a shamanistic mage, using conjuration, restoration, and bound weapons along with Forsworn armor. He worked really good with it, would've been better with heavy armor though.

JakeGeorge!

Orc Life
My first and favorite character is an orc. He's a dual wielding, elemental slinging badass. I based him kinda off of shamans and partly off of me just wanting to charge into battle swinging axes at everything that moved. ^.^ I use a little bit of fire and ice for the shaman aspect, but mainly stick to my axes. I've made numerous alts but always come back to him. He's just such a badass.

Addison Crain

Your sig is one of the most obnoxious ones I've seen, and for the high levels of idiocy I usually see in sigs, that's saying something.

One of my most played characters is an Orc. High heavy armor, 2 handed, and I usually dual wield when I use one handed. 100 smithing/enchanting/alchemy. It was the first account I got all the Dragon Priest masks on. It's around level 45 or so, I believe. College of Winterhold is the only guild questline I've completed on it, idk, I've done every guild about five times.

It's pretty common knowledge that any character who wants to be a straight up heavy armor, battle axe swinging wrecking machine that orc is the way to go. They're also probably the best mages in terms of min/maxing, seeing as berserker does work with spells. But most people don't seem to realize that.

TheGreatestEver

That guy over there...
When I first bought the game I started as a Nord, got to level 16 when I realized that Nords don't sneak around and pickpocket people, so I started a new game as a Dark Elf, got to level 32 when I got bored, so now I'm playing through as an Orc just fluffing plops up.

Maxed out everything in Oblivion as a Khajiit bitches!

Here's what you do with an Orc, use warhammers, get 100 enchanting, and make full two-handed and health/stamina gear. You will RAPE. There is NO need for healing if you do that.

Honestly the orcs just kick as* just started playing as one on adept. At level 5 a dragon came out of no where and i killed it solo with only losing half my health no potions. They are just crazy

GlassDovah

I made an account just to put in my 2 cents. I made an orc a few days ago just for the heck of it. Since then I have been hooked. Nothing makes me feel more like a BAMF than my giant hammer wielding orc. I especially feel more BA than usual when he kills his foe by repeatedly smasing his head in to the enemies face.

To think I was dunmer fan a week ago

morguen87

|\/| P |/\|
There aren't attributes in this game, Orcs aren't actually better warriors than say Wood Elfs or what have you. +5 to +10 in certain skills is nothing, you can make up that difference very, very quickly, especially at early levels. So a lot of people in this thread, unless they're referring to beserker rage, are under a placebo effect of just being an orc. Once you're past about level 5 and the skills you use are caught up, being an orc alone won't actually make meleeing easier if you're not using their power.

Unfortunately the removal of attributes made the differences between races very shallow because +5 or +10 in certain skills at low levels doesn't make a difference, skills level up very quickly early on. And if you have two players playing different races who use the same skill an equal amount, the one with the lower starting skill will catch up because their skill will increase faster.

Now, if you're talking about beserker rage, that certainly does make an orc warrior more deadly than other races. But just being an orc, no.

haha, anyway, enough raining on the orc parade. My main character is a heavy armor wearing Orc, crossbow for long range and war axe/shield for everything else. When I create a new character it always comes down to Breton or Orc. Defensive passive skill or offensive active power depending on what type of character I want to play. Other races don't come close.

morguen87

|\/| P |/\|
Your sig is one of the most obnoxious ones I've seen, and for the high levels of idiocy I usually see in sigs, that's saying something.

One of my most played characters is an Orc. High heavy armor, 2 handed, and I usually dual wield when I use one handed. 100 smithing/enchanting/alchemy. It was the first account I got all the Dragon Priest masks on. It's around level 45 or so, I believe. College of Winterhold is the only guild questline I've completed on it, idk, I've done every guild about five times.

It's pretty common knowledge that any character who wants to be a straight up heavy armor, battle axe swinging wrecking machine that orc is the way to go. They're also probably the best mages in terms of min/maxing, seeing as berserker does work with spells. But most people don't seem to realize that.
I never heard this before. Does it also work with conjured weapons? Might have to think about an orc conjurer if it does....

neonworm

Orcs are my favorite race.

Juracan

Dirty deeds done dirt cheap
Most games I've ever played I took the sniper approach, long distance Death long before you could see me. In both Oblivion and Skyrim I was a Destruction master Archer Assassin, but a friend convinced me to try a heavy armor berserker.

What a blast, love the up close and personal visceral combat. And on master difficulty the choreographed strike and parry is so much more than stand and swing. Played a while at adept and as soon as I had Daedric Armor and Weapons with maxed out Heavy Armor and Two-Handed perks felt unchallenging and unfulfilled, I think the possibility of dying makes living more interesting.

Now on master there is actual thought on how to enter the ring and start swinging, I just started but I'm pretty sure the opponents are more sophisticated on how they attack me too. We'll see how it goes when I'm maxed on the perks again but I've heard the characters level up as quick or quicker, so I'm hoping the challenge remains. Let you know when I get there.

Zolo-Shea

Lizard Wizard
My love for the Orsimer is constant and true, I simply love Orcs. No other race portrays the ability to endure like the Orcs. Their patron god is a demon prince of curses, and it seems the Orcs are no exception: they’re cursed through their appearance, their fortune, and their social standing. Tamriel hates Orcs, but that certainly doesn’t mean they’re going to roll over and die. I’ve loved Orcs since Morrowind, and I continued to love Orcs in Oblivion. Skyrim Orcs are a little different (I haven’t seen anyone comment on the eyebrow-spikes, yet!) and their racial power is jaw-droppingly powerful… it didn’t used to be. I remember it being way more balanced—I’m not complaining, though! One thing I miss is a septim-ring feature. I seem to remember making Orcs with a septim-ring in previous games. Am I imagining that? Can somebody back me up? I've always thought that getting your nose pierced is just so… Orcish!

Haru17

Lost Falmer
Orc women got dat underbite!

Orc are great my main guys a orc the only thing thats bad about them is there flexibilety with play styles i had to use the ognum infinium glitch to get to level 81 still i would recomend them to anybody.:Dragonborn:

Medea

The Shadow Queen
orcs *snickers* I used to play D&D and I got so used to them being mooks, it was a refreshing surprise to see them as strong melee fighters in Skyrim. Still, they cower in fear of my magic. ;)

If anyone is looking for cool orc names I know a few good ones from my D&D days:

Graul
Obould
Innoruuk
Garundor Oxflayer

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts