• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Exordiom Pls

Um...actually the Orcs use magic quite a bit. Especially in the tribes. I love Orcs because they are pretty civilized for their appearance. They have no sexism and are loyal.

Beodix

Thane of Winterhold & Windhelm, Harbinger
After I screwed up my 1st character and made a sneaky assassin wood elf I decided to bump up the difficulty and make a orcra blade master. So far he has been destroying everyone in his path. I am lvl 30 and have only died once and that was because I tried fighting a dragon priest encumbered. With 100 smithing 80 one handed and 65 enchant GE is already rolling but I am having a lot mire fun with this pure melee build. Berserk Rage is s huge racial ability. One time I accudently made the citizens of White Run hostile so I went into rage to see what would happen. Without using any healing I skaughted the entiree city and didn't due. The funniest part was when I executed the female blacksmith by cutting off her head.

Beodix

Thane of Winterhold & Windhelm, Harbinger
Sorry for the bad spelling in my previous post I am using my smartphone to post.

Jahumaca

I love my orc, Gromgor! He's the most badass mofo to set foot in Skyrim. I went for a complete tank setup; sword and board, a lot of health, and a lot of magic resistance. So far it's really fun I'm really enjoying the blocking in this game.

Only problem I have is that I dont know what class to play, they're all so fun! I have 4 separate chars lol.

Volsung

Fortune favours the Bold
What's the point of the orc strongholds? I've the been to 3 and there's no quest there or anything. Although the one in the NW corner of the map has a mine with lots of orichalcom veins. Other than that waste of time.
Theres a few mines scattered near them, which they use & some tell you about but there is one or two that give you quests. I did a quest for one the other day, something about a giant uprising near the Stronghold. I'd be curious to see if they change their attitude & give out quests if your an Orc build. Would be awesome.

kichigai_m

What's the point of the orc strongholds? I've the been to 3 and there's no quest there or anything. Although the one in the NW corner of the map has a mine with lots of orichalcom veins. Other than that waste of time.

I just got done with a quest at one of these strongholds about a cursed orc leader that needed to appease the orc god. Gotta say... not too fond of the culture.

Nightmare Shadow

Master of Shadow
Hmmm, I might have to give orcs a try. I was put off by the look (what can I say I am a bit shallow) and the fact that there is no racial ability only a power. You guys might've just inspired my second character once I get bored with my Breton assassin.

Nightmare Shadow

Master of Shadow
What name do you usually use?

BeKindAndGrind

The stronghold in the south east has an interesting quest if you're into orcs and you get a gnarly weapon as a reward.

Brother

Why exactly are orcs destined only to be badass warriors? I've seen orc wizards, bards, alchemists, and assassins, and I've personally played a very powerful orc battle mage.

JDizzle

I play an orc assassin called Hogg Mordak on master. Beserker and dual dagger sneak power attacks work very nicely indeed, and I always have the option of bashing the crap out of someone with more substantial weapons if I feel like it. I think you can make orcs look pretty shifty so that compliments being an assassin too. I'd say orcs or bretons definitely have the best innate abilities.

modi

I think I am having a little bit too much fun with the adventures of Kragorr...I just played from 10 A.M. until 5 P.M. and I could have swore I was only playing for 2 hours... lol :D I got me an orcish warhammer, and improved it to the superior level, and it is smashing heads like you wouldnt believe. I got my smithing all the way up to 46 (my goal is 50 so I can make Orcish armour) and my overall level went from 3 to 10 and my 2 handed is up to 39 with boosts for Warhammers. ORCS FTW!!!

modi

And Orcs are destined to be badass warriors because of their Racial boosts. +10 heavy armour, +5 one hand, +5 2 hand, +5 smithing, with the Berserker specialty.....you couldnt ask for any better of boosts for a warrior. Also, they just look like tanks haha.

Orc Von Ogre

Wish I could post a picture. Ive got an orc by the name of Moog Honeydeath. He's bald, yet has blonde chops, and blue eyes. Figured Id make an orc who's perhaps had some Nord blood in the family line and that gave him his slightly odd appearance. I first messed with blonde hair on the orc and it DID look off, and kinda weird. But with just the golden blonde chops, he looks stellar. He is obsessed with adventure. Often siding with the greater good, he also enjoys helping the darker side from time to time. Staying true with Orcish armor, and using a Valiant two-handed sword "Cassie", his only true love.

modi

Orc Von Ogre, sounds like you are even more into your Orc than I am...lol. But I agree. I really wish that I could take a screenshot of my orc. He is as big as he can possibly be, with bright blue warpaint on his face, and has jet black hair tied back. Considering I am only level 10, he currently is using full steel armour (all forged by yours truely), and swinging around an Orcish Warhammer that I have upgraded to Superior level. If you looked up Badass, you would see Kragorr's picture ;)

tbagalot

master forum ninja
I guess a reason would be, for some, that the Orcs don't look brilliant. That was a reason for me & the fact that, as you said, theres only a single playstyle you can really have with an Orc, theres no mixing with magic or anything very easily. Your character is designed to be a swinging bad-ass mothertrucker. Also, when using an Orc I could see it being an easy way to play the game. I mean, on my Nord char, which is no where near as powerful as an Orc in melee, it's incredibly easy.

On another note, have you come across any Orc strongholds yet? I'm assuming not but just curious.

Yes, there all around the mountains in the south east part of the map (near riften), thats how i got volendrung.

Volsung

Fortune favours the Bold
Yes, there all around the mountains in the south east part of the map (near riften), thats how i got volendrung.
Volendrung is so weak imo :sadface:, was pretty gutted

Jaeger

So, when I first got the game, I noticed that a few different races looked interesting, however I picked Nords because they are native to Skyrim. Well, I got to level 11, and I realized that I wasn't really enjoying using a Nord that much. So the other day, I made a new guy, and I chose to be an Orc by the name of Kragorr. Let me just say....ORCS ARE SO BADASS. I was a little hesitant to use them at first because of how they dont have very much flexibility as far as play style goes (they are designed to be badass warriors and nothing other than that), but I decided to make one anyways. I am only about 3 or 4 hours into the game, but I can notice a huge difference from Nords. I am swinging around a Battle Ax and killing people in one hit is not uncommon at all for me. With my Nord, I was always hesitant to attack because it seemed like my Nord's health went down rather quickly, however, when I see somebody with my Orc, I might take a shot or two with my bow, but after that I just charge right in and wreck everybody. The main reason that I am making this post is that I see a lot of people being Nords, a lot of people being Khajits, a lot of Dunmers, and a lot of Altmers, however I dont really see or hear about people talking about Orcs. So I was just wondering, why are Orcs not getting the respect they deserve? Any opinions or stories about your Orc character would be great :)

I'm playing several different characters at once (I'm a completist and once I finished I'm afraid...well...I won't come back). And I love Skyrim, it's consuming my life right now (sleep, work, Skyrim). Hey, I'm saving money. I have a nord barbarian wearing pimped up furs, heavy armor horned helmet and wielding a great sword (no magic sword at this stage). Equaled Heath and stamina. He barges in, running and swinging, they all fall. Bossman is my punk. Gut them all. I was raising sneak, but soon asked why. They all picked a good day to die when they chose to become a red blip. Dragon landed. Hu-Ya. In his face, laying down the smack down.

But, I'm thinking about an Orc too. A shaman with a big stick. A conjuror (necromancer), hammer wielding magic weapon making badass muddafugga with a loud Voice (and as far, atm, feel Nords and Orcs are the only ones, roleplayee-wise, to be able to have the Voice). The forsworn armor is rustic and has bones on it to play up the raising dead motif. Oh, and Ritual Stone. Twin souls of 2 dead Orc followers. Shadowmere. A live Orc follower. I need to check and see how many Orc followers there are...

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts