• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

modi

So, when I first got the game, I noticed that a few different races looked interesting, however I picked Nords because they are native to Skyrim. Well, I got to level 11, and I realized that I wasn't really enjoying using a Nord that much. So the other day, I made a new guy, and I chose to be an Orc by the name of Kragorr. Let me just say....ORCS ARE SO BADASS. I was a little hesitant to use them at first because of how they dont have very much flexibility as far as play style goes (they are designed to be badass warriors and nothing other than that), but I decided to make one anyways. I am only about 3 or 4 hours into the game, but I can notice a huge difference from Nords. I am swinging around a Battle Ax and killing people in one hit is not uncommon at all for me. With my Nord, I was always hesitant to attack because it seemed like my Nord's health went down rather quickly, however, when I see somebody with my Orc, I might take a shot or two with my bow, but after that I just charge right in and wreck everybody. The main reason that I am making this post is that I see a lot of people being Nords, a lot of people being Khajits, a lot of Dunmers, and a lot of Altmers, however I dont really see or hear about people talking about Orcs. So I was just wondering, why are Orcs not getting the respect they deserve? Any opinions or stories about your Orc character would be great :)

Volsung

Fortune favours the Bold
I guess a reason would be, for some, that the Orcs don't look brilliant. That was a reason for me & the fact that, as you said, theres only a single playstyle you can really have with an Orc, theres no mixing with magic or anything very easily. Your character is designed to be a swinging bad-ass mothertrucker. Also, when using an Orc I could see it being an easy way to play the game. I mean, on my Nord char, which is no where near as powerful as an Orc in melee, it's incredibly easy.

On another note, have you come across any Orc strongholds yet? I'm assuming not but just curious.

modi

No, I have not. The farthest I have got so far is Falkreath, and that is just because I was wandering around Riverwood looking for trouble haha. I can see how being an Orc would seem easy, however I am relatively new to these types of game, and I have never played an Elder Scrolls game before Skyrim. The thing that I figured with Orcs is that I figured that I wanted to be a warrior first and foremost, that would typically just use magic for restoration. However, I could see being an Orc as being a challenge also. Since they are designed to be used in one way for the most part, if you find yourself in a situation where melee isnt very effective, you are going to have to do some serious strategizing.

Wanderer

My Orc is a lvl 30 enchanted swordsmith. I used the Riften trick to maximize profits. We run around cleaning out mines of people and ore. The rest of the time he is making/enchanting stuff. Ragnerrog is about half way to 100,000 sp, his goal is to be the richest Orc in all of Skyrim.

modi

Im assuming Ragnerrog is your Orcs name? if so, that is a pretty sweet Orc name haha. and what is the Riften Trick?

Volsung

Fortune favours the Bold
Melee is probably, imo, the easiest way to play a game like this, but its very entertaining nevertheless. I do agree there are some areas you wont be able to use melee effectively, but at the same time, there are very few I can recall. Its all about personal preference at the end of the day. If it gets too easy, just tweak the game diff. With my Nord I played adept to get to grips with the game, and now I've made a new char on Master and I'm enjoying it.

I can direct you to some Strongholds (I'm not sure if you can get work from all the camps if your an Orc, you can get a few if your a Nord) if you want, or explore on your own :)

Wanderer

****Spoiler Alert******

Yes, Ragnerrog is his name. You can find the trick here on the forum. Go to Riften and talk to the guy behind the counter at the Meadery. Ask him about his boss and use the presuade option. The option will not go away so you can do it over and over again until your speech is 100.

He also has a thing for bears for some reason. At first I thought he liked getting all the leather from a single kill, but I think that he is having a little too much fun chopping them up. Sometimes it's kind of disturbing.

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
I'm going to be an Orc on my PS3 version of the game. Debating between male or female and a name...

Kayven Maryon

Wraz gro-Krov is my orsimers name and I love him. Whenever I feel like wading into 10 guys and walking away with their blood on my sword, I play him. Mages kick my ass though lol I play him on Master and I get hit hard. I should probably get some enchants on his dragon armor....lol

All I have to say is Dragon Armor+Daedric Sword/Shield+Berserk=Glorious Rampage of Death

Volsung

Fortune favours the Bold
Wraz gro-Krov is my orsimers name and I love him. Whenever I feel like wading into 10 guys and walking away with their blood on my sword, I play him. Mages kick my ass though lol I play him on Master and I get hit hard. I should probably get some enchants on his dragon armor....lol

All I have to say is Dragon Armor+Daedric Sword/Shield+Berserk=Glorious Rampage of Death

Daedric armour is so much more rewarding I feel, if you slay them instead of buying from alchs. If your going to get any armour & enchant it, use that mate!

modi

That Riften trick sounds pretty sick haha. I do feel that being a battle mage is the most fun and visually satisfying type of character, however what I found with my nord is that if you try to balance melee and magic, you will end up being weak in both. therefore I created my orc to be able to focus and excel at one aspect of fighting, and I have not regretted it yet :)

Volsung

Fortune favours the Bold
That Riften trick sounds pretty sick haha. I do feel that being a battle mage is the most fun and visually satisfying type of character, however what I found with my nord is that if you try to balance melee and magic, you will end up being weak in both. therefore I created my orc to be able to focus and excel at one aspect of fighting, and I have not regretted it yet :)

This.

My battle-mage is coming on nicely. 40 destruction, 40 one-handed and a few other bits and bobs and its excellent to play. My nord is strong but still pretty weak for level 58.

Good luck modi, sure your Orc will develop nicely. Will have to let me know how it gets on & when you want to visit Orc Strongholds, I can direct you no problem.

modi

Level 58? with 40 one handed? how? I was level 11 and I had 30 one handed and 30 destruction...

modi

And by the way Volsung, i would really like to visit some Orc Strongholds.

Volsung

Fortune favours the Bold
Sorry, you misunderstood me lol. My Nord is level 58. My battle mage is level 12 with 40 dest and 40 one handed.

Swordsmansmith

Hail brothers Grox here and yes we are bada**!!! Got my full orcish armor set yesterday level 21. There's a stronghold southeast of windhelm or east of the dragon mound in that area. Talk to the guard she reveals the other stronghold locations. Currently heading to one in far northwest corner of map.

modi

Hey Grox, where can i get the orcish uniform. and Volsung, that makes a lot more sense....hahaha.

Swordsmansmith

What's the point of the orc strongholds? I've the been to 3 and there's no quest there or anything. Although the one in the NW corner of the map has a mine with lots of orichalcom veins. Other than that waste of time.

Ebony Knight

Lore Sword
What's the point of the orc strongholds? I've the been to 3 and there's no quest there or anything. Although the one in the NW corner of the map has a mine with lots of orichalcom veins. Other than that waste of time.
Probably more of a lore standpoint. The orcs overall are a kind of Pariah in Tamriel so they don't fit in the cities of men in large groups. I think I read something about many of them leaving Orsinium after the Great War also, but that could be wrong.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts