PS3 Opinions on choosing next build

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

skyrimjob88

Hi Guys,

So I'm a right loser and still play Skyrim on PS3! I will probably move onto the remastered edition on PS4 but while I'm on that student budget I'll stick to what I've got ;) I am half way through playing my dark elf nightblade character and am trying to devise ideas for my next playthrough. I have come up with a few ideas but just wanted some feedback/opinions from some other players on which ones you believe would be more viable and/or more fun.

Build 1: A paladin style character. For race I'm thinking imperial but possibly breton. There are two options for the play style:

Option 1: two handed war hammer (never had a two handed play-through before) with robes of restoration and heavy armor for the boots, gauntlets and helmet. Skills will be: alteration, restoration, two handed, smithing and enchanting.

Option 2: Same as above but using a bow or crossbow instead and possibly all heavy armor. In which case alteration will be dropped.

Build 1 factions: companions, dawnguard, college of Winterhold, main story line.

Build 2: An archer necromancer. For race either wood elf or argonian. As with the first build there are two options for this build.

Option 1: wood elf, follows his own version of the green pact where he reanimates the dead to serve a better purpose. Combat archer so sneak won't be used. Bow, light or heavy armor (haven't decided), not sure a secondary weapon will be used but if so was thinking maybe bound swords. Skills: archery, conjuration, restoration, smithing, enchanting.

Option 2: argonian (haven't played as one yet), not come up with a backstory yet. But essentially the same as option 1 for play style, combat archer and reanimation but with alchemy added in. Bow, light armor, possibly bound swords. Skills: archery, conjuration, alchemy, smithing, enchanting, restoration.

Build 2 factions: dawnguard, college of Winterhold, main story line, not sure what else?

Apologies for the lengthy post, I just wanted to be thorough! Thank you in advance!

Lewsean

Why not do an Archer/Werewolf build, it gives you the best of both worlds in terms of ranged and melee damage.
Archery/Light Armour/Alchemy/Stealth/Smithing.
Best to do companions early too so you can get the werewolf form at the start as this helps you greatly whilst being a squishy archer.

Jurgarik Greycloak

Techno master of Tamriel.
Why bother with a build? Your dragonborn is not going to exist after you finish. The next game will involve a different protagonist, so just pick skills as you feel you need them, and do not double up on multiple skill (for instance, not taking one and two handed, or both heavy and light armor).

sticky runes

Personally I would keep an Argonian character away from the Companions because an Argonian transforming into a werewolf just seems ridiculous. And as you're a PS3 user like myself, you can't mod it so that you transform into a monstrous dragon-lizard or crocodile or anything more suitable :p

The Dawnguard don't have any Argonian members, so perhaps you could come up with an interesting reason why your Argonian wants to hunt vampires. Hatchlings killed in a vampire plot? Similar to what happened to Hroggar's family in Morthal? Or you're a former vampire from Blackmarsh who was cured of vampirism but still retained an interest in necromancy and decided to use it in your personal war against the undead? I think the Dawnguard and Mages' college do cross paths at some point during the scroll quest, so those two factions compliment each other quite well. Companions can be ignored because you're not so interested in being a thug for hire who solves random unrelated problems. Focus your energy on the supernatural. And as a non-human, maybe you feel more comfortable with the trolls and huskies than the other vampire hunters.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts