Private OOC: Seeking Answers

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    Alright you guys, this is gonna be hard for me to try and explain, but hopefully I can do it right enough so you understand the plan. :p

Now you all know the jist of the story's, disappearances and whatnot, but in order for each of our characters to sort of develop their own motives for getting involved, we have to start this one off a bit different. How? Well, I have kind of a list of starting points for each of our 4 characters, and one for hlif as well when she is able to join. Now, I want to let you each decide which one you would like to start with.

There are a total of 5 missing people thus far (one for each of us to start with eh?):

1 Teen - A stable boy named Brom, about 12, who lived in Riverwood. One day, he had been really excited about heading south to Falkreath, as his uncle (a traveling bard) had arrived back in Skyrim, and he could not wait to hear about his adventures. This was the first disappearance, and after departing Riverwood, he was not seen again.

1 Child - An orphan and beggar girl named Stoya, around 7 or 8 years old. Usually she would "pester", as the bitter elders of the town would call it, any patron coming or going from the Tavern. However, one day, she was not at her usual post just outside the Dead Man's drink. She was the second disappearance, about 4 days after the first. And was not seen again.

2 Women - One from Riften, named Eliwen, around 21 or 22. She was the newest young priestess and worshiper at the temple of Mara in the lake town. She had disapeared in the night, while the others in the temple slept, as the third disappearance around 8 days after the last. When the other worshipers in the temple realized she had been taken, a small piece of parchment with a crude drawing of the Falkreath Sigil, was left in her stead.

- The second from Markarth. A woman named Alluise, around the age of 27. She was a barmaid in the towns inn and tavern, and a frequent visitor of the city's temple. Just before her disappearance (the 5th and most recent, 2 days after the last), she had been discussing a short time away from the city and her job, in order to attend her mother's funeral. As her mother was born in Falkreath hold, her family had decided to hold the funeral there. She disappeared 4 days before her planned time to depart, as she didn't show up for work nor seen at the temple since.

1 Man - From Whiterun, named Jolaf, about 19, was a scout in the Imperial Legion, who was stationed in Whiterun. He was tasked to scout locations for possible new Imperial camp sites in Falkreath Hold. He reported to his commanding officer just before starting his mission, stating that he was planning to start near lake Klinalth, before heading more toward the southern portion of the hold, and planned to stop and stay at the Inn in Falkreath. He was the 4th disappearance around 5 days after the one before him, and was not seen again since departing on his mission.

Now it is just a matter of discussing which of these different missing persons would work best for each of our characters discovering and investigating. All of which are leading toward Falkreath, which will be the epicenter where our characters will meet and find it worth investigating together.

Let me know what you guys think!

Last edited:

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    I think for Umbren, due to him being a recluse, he could maybe know Stoya, and be a friend of sorts with her at one point. So Kitty, you would like to start with the disapearance of Jolaf?

And what about the time table is confusing?

Brom first disapeared about 3 weeks before our story starts, Stoya second, about 4 days after that. Eliwen 3rd, 8 days after Stoya's disapearance. Jolaf 4th, 5 days after Eliwen; leaving Alluise as the last to disapear, 2 days after Jolaf. Putting our story 2 days after Alluise's disapearance.

I hope that helps? Sorry for being confusing. This is something I had planned in advanced, and it was late when I posted. Just let me know what needs to be clarified and I will try my best.

As for Brom, that little Riften thing was just a mistake on my end that I fixed. Sorry!

Last edited:

Valin Oakthorn

Vagabond Extraordinaire
    I know we had originally talked about Jesper following Alluise, but I feel as though Eliwen might be the best for Jesper to follow if that's alright.

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    That's alright Valin! When you and I initially discussed this it was a relatively rough idea. Now that I have it more detailed, I would agree with Jesper taking an interest in Alluise's disapearance. She is a barmaid afterall, and Jesper is a ladies man. :D:p So what better than him taking an interest in a young beautiful woman, who works at a Tavern where he would likely be?

CapObvious

A Rotten Scroungeral
    I'll have Maere take a look for Brom, being that Brom is a name that I use in Roleplaying a lot, and I declare it to be a sign from the divines that he is her charge. :D

Also, Spec. I don't want to sound pushy, but I'm also not sure you saw it so I thought I'd bring it up again.

Can I have one of those Sig pictures too, please? :oops:

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    Also, Spec. I don't want to sound pushy, but I'm also not sure you saw it so I thought I'd bring it up again.

Can I have one of those Sig pictures too, please? :oops:

Not pushy at all! You were right about me not seeing it! I'm sorry!!! I will have it for you some point today!

CapObvious

A Rotten Scroungeral
    Friggin' Sweeeeeeeeeeeet

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    Here you go Cap!

untitled_3_by_specter_of_death-d9u9uf8.jpg

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    So it sounds like we all sort of worked out where we want each of our characters to start, would anybody like to ask any questions or anything? Is there anything more for use all to discuss?

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
    I would ask for a Sig Spekky but I am in two other RP's and I just had my shadowkitty sig given to me by Ash. :) But I just wanted to say that the ones you have made so far are really awesome.

And I am ready to start. So we are all ending up at Dead Man's Drink I am assuming?

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    I was just wondering, what are your thoughts to inserting (Small) pics into our posts? yes or no..either way I am fine with.

I've never really seen that done..... can you give an example? I am surely open to it. I am more curious than anything, however.

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
    I was just wondering, what are your thoughts to inserting (Small) pics into our posts? yes or no..either way I am fine with.

I've never really seen that done..... can you give an example? I am surely open to it. I am more curious than anything, however.
    Oh it's no biggie. I don't want to complicate things and have people think that they need to do it as well. Just though a small pic here and there would be cool.. enhance the RP a little. For example, an action shot or something. But I know not everyone uses actual characters from their games so wouldn't be able to do that. Don't worry about it. :)

Valin Oakthorn

Vagabond Extraordinaire
    I think we're all meeting at a bandit camp or something along those lines. Where we all believe the person we're tracking is being kept. I may be wrong though.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts