One thing I miss about Skyrim in Oblivion

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Brewman

Do I look worried?
I'm a level 20 Nord warrior and I'm still trying to shield bash the enemy LOL boy do I miss that ability from Skyrim. Does anyone else have an ability they miss?

I wish that Oblivion had some of Skyrims spells.
I mean, summoning a fluffing Daedroth is badass and everything, but so is a Kamehameha made of lightning.

Morgan

I REALLY miss being able to tell if a box is empty on mouse over.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
I miss being able to actually pick a lock. In Skyrim I'm a wiz from level 1. I can open anything from novice to master with no trouble and break very few picks. In Oblivion, I can barely open the easiest ones (one tumbler) without losing a dozen picks. I've finally just given up. :sadface:

I also miss shield bashing. I miss crafting stuff the most, stuff like armor, weapons, dinner. As for lock picking, I'm glad I got the Skeleton Key.

Daelon DuLac

I also miss shield bashing. I miss crafting stuff the most, stuff like armor, weapons, dinner. As for lock picking, I'm glad I got the Skeleton Key.
I'm looking forward to getting it too, but I'm only at level 3 and I believe you need to be at least level 20 before you can even attempt to get it, yes? In the meantime, I still hate lockpicking, but I am getting better. I never have any picks 'cause I keep breaking 'em, but, hey, whatcha gonna do.

Actually the Skeleton Key is level 10. Believe me I know as I was counting down until I could get it. spent most of my money getting lock picks from Shady Sam.

Daelon DuLac

Actually the Skeleton Key is level 10. Believe me I know as I counting down until I could get it. spent most of my money getting lock picks from Shady Sam.
10! Great! Thank you (of course it will take me forever to get there - Oblivion doesn't level nearly as fast as Skyrim). I'm not going to buy a whole lot of them from Sam. Since I'm entering the TG, maybe they'll have some cheaper options.

They do, you'll have fun with the thieves guild line of quests, I always did.
Yeah, one reason I'm not starting over in Oblivion is because of it's slowpoke leveling system. I guess that is another thing I miss about Skyrim, its fast leveling system.

Actually the Skeleton Key is level 10. Believe me I know as I was counting down until I could get it. spent most of my money getting lock picks from Shady Sam.

I remember killing him all the time solely for his SUPER RARE zero weight black hood. I once wanted one on my mage to go with his Black Robes and I literally scoured all of Cyrodiil and the Shivering Isles looking for someone with it. I do believe there are only two in the whole game and I don't know where the other one is so I always end up killing Shady Sam.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cool, I didn't know his hood was zero weight. I bet the other hood is in the testing hall. When I had my black robes I just saved one of the hood from the Dark Brotherhood members I had to kill for that purifying the sanctuary quest. I brought 'em all back with cm partners once I moved over to pc.

Daelon DuLac

I remember killing him all the time solely for his SUPER RARE zero weight black hood. I once wanted one on my mage to go with his Black Robes and I literally scoured all of Cyrodiil and the Shivering Isles looking for someone with it. I do believe there are only two in the whole game and I don't know where the other one is so I always end up killing Shady Sam.

I think I'll kill Shady Sam. Not 'cause he's got the hood, but because he's not the real (slim)Shady.

Cool, I didn't know his hood was zero weight. I bet the other hood is in the testing hall. When I had my black robes I just saved one of the hood from the Dark Brotherhood members I had to kill for that purifying the sanctuary quest. I brought 'em all back with cm partners once I moved over to pc.

I never thought those hoods fit in with the evil mage thing. They were too small, too tight. The hood Sam has is identical to the Black Hand Hood except its unenchanted and zero-weight.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts