One handed weapon and no shield = sword and punch?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
Why use chairs if you’ve got a sharp sword ;p ? But yeah, using the environment to some degree would be cool. Especially in dungeons you could lay some cool traps and then lure your enemies.

Travis

Meh, too imba. “Dead Island” is a better model for kicks. Have them lose their momentum, topple them and then stomp on their heads to turn them into a bloody pulp :D
That reminds me, I have been meaning to ask you Demut, you live in Germany right? I heard they don't allow any blood or gore in video games there. Is that true? I'm assuming from this comment that you have found a way around it, because you prefer your games bloody. How do you do get around it?

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
Yes, in Germany you’re hard pressed to find gore in whatever medium (including movies and even frickin’ music), not just video games. So, how to circumvent that? Well, unless the games in question force you to use Steamworks *cough* assholes *cough* you can simply use a “blood patch” which is usually a small file that disables the censorship. You see, most of the time the censorship is implemented rather lazily without actually removing the violent contents of the game and instead just turning them off.

Travis

Yes, in Germany you’re hard pressed to find gore in whatever medium (including movies and even frickin’ music), not just video games. So, how to circumvent that? Well, unless the games in question force you to use Steamworks *cough* assholes *cough* you can simply use a “blood patch” which is usually a small file that disables the censorship. You see, most of the time the censorship is implemented rather lazily without actually removing the violent contents of the game and instead just turning them off.
Interesting. Can a person do the opposite, should they desire? Download a copy of the censorship data, and apply it to their version?

I don't mean to interrupt, but with regards to the topic I have a question. One of the things I really liked about Red Dead Redemption was the unarmed combat, but if one particular combatant had really irked me I could whip out the six-shooter and blast him. Replace that six-shooter with a sword - do you think you'll be able to switch out of that "brawling" mode to just skewer someone who's gotten on your last nerve?

Travis

Oh, I'm sure. I can't possible image you couldn't kill anyone, at anytime. That's how Morrowind, and Oblivion worked. But beware, they aren't all pushovers like in Red Dead. If you try that with certain people toward the beginning of the game, like say with the town guard, be prepared to get killed.

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
Interesting. Can a person do the opposite, should they desire? Download a copy of the censorship data, and apply it to their version?
That’s an interesting question (although someone’s motivation for doing so seems unclear). I don’t think so because there is probably no one who made such a “cut patch” (simply because few if anyone at all would use it).

Travis

I know I will get made fun of for this, but I would use something like that. The blood and gore just distracts me, and even if I get used to it, I would love to be able to disable it when my wife is around, so I don't get hassle about playing in front of the baby, or her.

I know I will get made fun of for this, but I would use something like that. The blood and gore just distracts me, and even if I get used to it, I would love to be able to disable it when my wife is around, so I don't get hassle about playing in front of the baby, or her.

Same goes - being able to tone down or eliminate the blood and gore effects would make playing the game with the family around a lot easier.

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
Mh, peculiar. I guess you could ask the respective institutions for a copy of the changed files (which, I assume, are usually just a bunch of config files).

Travis

Mh, peculiar. I guess you could ask the respective institutions for a copy of the changed files (which, I assume, are usually just a bunch of config files).
I think I will try that on the next really gory game I want to play. It would have been great to have it for Fallout.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts