One handed weapon and no shield = sword and punch?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Timm

AKA IRISH STACKS
I was thinking about it today but If you have a one handed sword in one hand and no shield or spell in the other will you be able to punch and wield a sword? Im dreaming of a wakazashi sword and fist with the DBH assassin garbs. Finally ninja combat into my already deadly skills. (drooling)

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
That was brawling, it is non-lethal. You can start fights in taverns, or beat people up, but you cannot kill them unarmed.
No, there is unarmed combat. It's just that we don't have a separate skill for it so punching isn't a viable build. There is a neck-snapping finishing move but fist-fighting will be mainly used for non-lethal brawl. Apparently, you can punch a person in the face to make him spill the beans. But that won't stop me from clawing the plops out of my opponents with my khajiit

Travis

No, there is unarmed combat. It's just that we don't have a separate skill for it so punching isn't a viable build. There is a neck-snapping finishing move but fist-fighting will be mainly used for non-lethal brawl. Apparently, you can punch a person in the face to make him spill the beans. But that won't stop me from clawing the pl*** out of my opponents with my khajiit
I wonder how they will handle un-armed with the khajiit. I hope you can claw them. It would also be cool if they include a biting mechanic, especially for stealthy finishing moves :D

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
I wonder how they will handle un-armed with the khajiit. I hope you can claw them. It would also be cool if they include a biting mechanic, especially for stealthy finishing moves :D
Khajiits aren't cannibals. Bosmers are. But you will be biting anyone you want as a vampire so there's that. I think it's a nice touch that they added unarmed bonus for Khajiit's racial ability. They always had superior unarmed but it was just punching animation. Now, in Skyrim Khajiit will claw at people :3 I think argonians might do the same but I'm not sure

Travis

Sweet! The seals the deal on my choice of race for my Assassin thief character. I didn't know that they actually put in specific clawing animations. That's really cool.

Flamingtaco

Unarmed isn't in the game? I could've sworn I saw some gameplay of someone punching stuff
According to the manual in conversations you can now start a brawl with anyone as an alternative to persuasion.
Khajiits aren't cannibals. Bosmers are. But you will be biting anyone you want as a vampire so there's that. I think it's a nice touch that they added unarmed bonus for Khajiit's racial ability. They always had superior unarmed but it was just punching animation. Now, in Skyrim Khajiit will claw at people :3 I think argonians might do the same but I'm not sure
Will you actually be able to bite people as a vampire or will it be only while theyre sleeping again?

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
According to the manual in conversations you can now start a brawl with anyone as an alternative to persuasion.

Will you actually be able to bite people as a vampire or will it be only while theyre sleeping again?
probably just sleeping victim. maybe the dead victim too. I hope they expanded on this and they probably did.

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
Dead victim would be nice, although if you wait too long you might get stale blood. We wouldn't want that now would we?
Nope! but at least they won't wake up and tell on you :]

To stay on topic, punching would be nice but if I had a choice between block with one-hand or punch while wielding one-hand... uh. I don't think I can really choose. I want to be able to kick, punch and bite in a fight but I guess that's asking too much. I miss the GOD-KICK from Dark Messiah

Travis

That would be martial arts, which would be cool for some classes, like bosmer.
That is totally the next thing the should implement in Elder Scrolls 6. Ninja like stuff. You could use magic to throw sounds and set traps, and a well animated martial style would be amazing. Something like from Batman, or even Matrix... that game was way ahead of it's time when it game to fighting animations (for hand to hand).

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
I miss the GOD-KICK from Dark Messiah
Meh, too imba. “Dead Island” is a better model for kicks. Have them lose their momentum, topple them and then stomp on their heads to turn them into a bloody pulp :D

TheDesign

lol, punch while holding a sword. lol What would be cool, if you were able to grap in the game and throw people around or pick objects and use them as weapons. (chairs, etc...)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts