• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Quiksilver201

Has anyone found this amazing place yet.? i have tons of questions first is there a way to get in once ive left without running through the entire damn thing again?... second is there a way to make it light up it seems like there are lamps with those weird light puzzles on them so i suspect i need to get to tinkering with everything...? third i hear there is a dragon down here somewhere where is it?...fourth what is this geode ore?.... fifth this place is huge...ok not realy a question but watever... i hope i didnt spoil any mystery...pl*** this place is big

Touchstone

NO but I know where I'm going soooooooon

Quiksilver201

LOL ive answered many of my own questions... first yes you can get out but theres only certain lifts that are saved once you leave the one at the beginning entrance does not...second idk if this was a glitch but i went up a lift and then came back down and it was as bright as day inside then i went into another building and came back out and it was dark again... i waited until the time i was in and it was bright but i got nothing...Geode ore is a weird mystery it has given me (as listed) all types or soul gems (including black) it has given me quiksilver ore and corundum...

psyk0

No soul gem large enough.
I read somewhere that there's a big orange orb hanging from the ceiling, and if you smash it, it'll summon a dragon. Think it was on one of the Wikis.

E: Here we go: http://uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Blackreach

If you use the Unrelenting Force shout on the large orange globe that is hanging above the courtyard near the debate hall entrance, a dragon named Vulthuryol will appear and attack you.

Keith Ellis

I love and hate Blackreach... Trying to find 30 Crimson Ninroot is ridiculous... SOOO dark in there! Even with a torch I can hardly see. And who expected to see a Giant down there??? WTF!

eskimoletdinov

Dual Wield Warrior
Anyone able to tell me where this place is please? Is it a mission?

Quiksilver201

you have to start the septimus quest which is part of the main questline to go look for the elder scroll and once you're there don't worry you'll know you're there

Mindfux

that place was extremely overwhelming at first...because i was trying to find all the crimson nirnroot..it's HUGE

Starr

Good thing Crimson nimroot Glows to show its location and has a sound to tell you you are near !
there are well over 30 in there, i think i got 42ish.

Ares

Blackreach had the same effect on me as the first time I looked at the night sky in The Shivering Isles.

effect = O_O

Kasha

Has anyone found this amazing place yet.? i have tons of questions first is there a way to get in once ive left without running through the entire damn thing again?... second is there a way to make it light up it seems like there are lamps with those weird light puzzles on them so i suspect i need to get to tinkering with everything...? third i hear there is a dragon down here somewhere where is it?...fourth what is this geode ore?.... fifth this place is huge...ok not realy a question but watever... i hope i didnt spoil any mystery...pl*** this place is big
Geo ore, so make new armor or weapons? and whats the mission to go there, i just dont wanna go there then i have to go back.

Ares

I love and hate Blackreach... Trying to find 30 Crimson Ninroot is ridiculous... SOOO dark in there! Even with a torch I can hardly see. And who expected to see a Giant down there??? WTF!

Speaking of the giant, while I was near the giant I was also near an overpass that had one of those giant Centurion dudes (can't think of the name at the moment) underneath it. Next to it's "station" thing there was a lever, anyone know what this lever does?

Nakatsu_Hime

I dislike that place. It's lonely and those neon plants make me feel uncomfortable. Also, I agree with Keith and, thanks to a glitch, I now need to collect 34 Nimroots (I stuck 4 in a drawer, and the amount required went to minus 4!), and I've since managed to find 17 (+4).
I'm really hoping these damn things regrow after a short time.

Ares: No, I don't know. I pulled that lever and... nothing happened. (It happened suddenly mind you).
I'm guessing it roused a Centurion, or merely pissed off a few other nasties somewhere.

nolandman

A ranging, spell-sword Lich
To be honest I was over-the-moon for Blackreach until I realized, all things considered, it was quite small, and served pretty much the one big function of...

***SPOILER***

Housing an Elder Scroll. But beyond that not even a Dwemer ghost down there, you know?

Kalin of High Rock

Faal Lun Vahdin
Housing an Elder Scroll. But beyond that not even a Dwemer ghost down there, you know?

I think whatever The Dwemer did to themselves with the Heart of Lorkhan effected even their spirits. Have we ever seen a dwemer ghost, even in Morrowind? I can't remember ever seeing one. The only dwemer we see is Yagrum Bagarn ( AKA "The Last Dwemer") in the care of Divayth Fyr (AKA Dunmer Chuck Norris).

Whatever they did to themselves affected them mind body and soul.

Declando

Dwarvenborn
It's fun to visit the first time, and really explore it.

But after that it's uses are gone. I found it interesting that the Falmer are taking slaves though, not long for an uprising then, hm?

Kalin of High Rock

Faal Lun Vahdin
It's fun to visit the first time, and really explore it.

But after that it's uses are gone. I found it interesting that the Falmer are taking slaves though, not long for an uprising then, hm?

I'm not too sure. Their slaves seem pretty dedicated to the cause, attacking you ( A possible rescuer! ) on sight. Looks like the falmer have them well trained.

nolandman

A ranging, spell-sword Lich
I think whatever The Dwemer did to themselves with the Heart of Lorkhan effected even their spirits. Have we ever seen a dwemer ghost, even in Morrowind? I can't remember ever seeing one. The only dwemer we see is Yagrum Bagarn ( AKA "The Last Dwemer") in the care of Divayth Fyr (AKA Dunmer Chuck Norris).

Whatever they did to themselves affected them mind body and soul.
You do in Morrowind. They are like the Draugr in Skyrim only they appear in Dwarven ruins exclusively. Also in Tribunal you meet a Dwarven smith named Radac Stungnthumz who helps you enchant Nerevar's sword, Trueflame (in is ghostly form of course).

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts