[Official] Skyrim/Elder Scrolls Debate Thread

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
Who Mengele is hardly matters, all that was implied by you was that he was a Nazi. Justice isn't killing people to show killing is wrong, mercy and compassion are far more important than justice or revenge. Also, saying Paarthurnax committed the same crimes is you assuming things. All that's stated is that he helped Alduin. It's been thousands of years since the Dragon Wars, and Paarthurnax has never left the summit of the mountain. He's stayed true to his way, he's reformed, and has devoted his life to peace, and finally defeating Alduin once and for all. After guiding the Dovahkiin through this path, he returns to Akavir.
Ok, how about Elenwen? Eugenic torturer, do you think if she openly, and honestly apologized to Ulfric he would magnanimously forgive her, or seek "Justice?"

Tell you what, Ask Paarthurnax. He won't tell you in any great detail what he did, but is fairly open about whether he deserves to die for it. I'll assume you didn't kill him yet, so you can have that conversation any time. I can't think of a more reliable source in this instance.

Mr.Self Destruct

Chosen Undead
Ok, how about Elenwen? Eugenic torturer, do you think if she openly, and honestly apologized to Ulfric he would magnanimously forgive her, or
seek "Justice?"

There's a difference between apologizing and devoting your life (Dragons are immortal, mind you.) To finding inner peace and teaching others about morality and justice.

Sent from HTC app Tapatalk

BigBad

Person of Interest
While I think killing Paarthurnax is shortsighted and impractical for the Dovahkiin, even I have to admit that it wouldn't be -wrong-. A bit ungrateful, and probably not right, but not wrong. Paarthurnax deserves to die for his crimes. Whatever they were, it was enough to inspire hatred thousands of years later when all victims are long forgotten. He freely admits it, and commends the Blades' distrust.

Of course, only the Blades are saying that he has to die -now-, instead of much later when he's had a chance at spreading the Way of the Voice among the dragons.

Ivory

Let's Player
What about him?
Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Well the quest where Olaf could be a liar and yet he is in Sovengarde kinda leaves something to question, no?

BigBad

Person of Interest
Well the quest where Olaf could be a liar and yet he is in Sovengarde kinda leaves something to question, no?

Lying doesn't get you banned from Sovngard. It's basically Valhalla. As long as you're brave and battle-ready, you pretty much get in.

azali100

Well supposedly the bard who wrote Kings Plate verse is the liar.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
Lying doesn't get you banned from Sovngard. It's basically Valhalla. As long as you're brave and battle-ready, you pretty much get in.

And if you're a Nord. Exception being the Dragonborn.

And if you're a Nord. Exception being the Dragonborn.
I wonder though, what would happen if you were a Werewolf or a Nightingale. Would you go to Hircine's plane of Oblivion, also known as his hunting grounds. Or would serve Nocturnal in the after life for who knows how long.

And then you have the question of Sovngarde. When you leave it's pretty clear that everyone there wants you to return. So where would you go once the Dragonborn dies? Unless your a vampire, then you would be immortal. ;)

El Fonz0

Since we're on the topic of the Blades, which of the Blades do you like more/hold pore respect for?
Pretty much, do you like Delphine or Esbern.

Personally, I like Esbern more, because when he tells me to kill Paarthurnax, at least he's nicer about it, and he doesn't hate on the Greybeards, and even refers to them as "fine gentlemen".

You may call me V

I like none of them.
They try to boss me around, while they should be infact helping me/serving me. Greybeards were right.
Tho if I had to choose, probably Esberns.

Mr.Self Destruct

Chosen Undead
I miss the Blade from Oblivion, I forget his name, but he was a redguard who was with you when the Emperor died. He was cool, and you worked with him a few times afterwards. The Blades then were much more honorable.

Sent from HTC app Tapatalk

BigBad

Person of Interest
My favorite Blade is Caius Cosades. First one I ever met, since I started the series with Morrowind.

Janus3003

Skyrim Marriage Counselor
Esbern, 'cause Max Von Sydow.
I miss the Blade from Oblivion, I forget his name, but he was a redguard who was with you when the Emperor died. He was cool, and you worked with him a few times afterwards. The Blades then were much more honorable.
Baurus?

Squirrel_killer-

The blade in the dark and the hand at your throat
Also, probably not the best place to ask this, but how do I change the "size" of a picture? Because I want a picture of Vyrthur as my profile picture.
If you PM me the picture I will resize it for you :).

Squirrel_killer-

The blade in the dark and the hand at your throat
Since we're on the topic of the Blades, which of the Blades do you like more/hold pore respect for?
Pretty much, do you like Delphine or Esbern.

Personally, I like Esbern more, because when he tells me to kill Paarthurnax, at least he's nicer about it, and he doesn't hate on the Greybeards, and even refers to them as "fine gentlemen".
I personally like Esbern. He seems to be more true to his cause. He's not as bitter or angry as Delphine. He seems more respectful.

I can't stand Delphine. Just everything about her makes me want to chop her head off with my blade. Especially, as it was mentioned earlier, she acts as if the Dragonborn should be working for her, when in fact it should be the Blades working for the Dragonborn.

"What do you mean you don't want my help unless I kill Paarthurnax!?", "Didn't I just do what it was you originally wanted me to do by destroying Alduin!"...

And this is pure speculation as well as my own opinion, but she seems über egotistical and has no appreciation for anything outside of the Blades.

A

Apollyon Yagami

When they told me to kill Paarthunax i didn't cry, I made them cry. And the quest is still there in my journal and i cant remove D:

Mi-Ilu Yahaz

Imperials are by far the sexiest race in Tamriel. :cool:

Nords be overrated, looks-wise. *waits*
I think Imperials are a little over-rated. But that's just me. I mean I see guys everyday and don't wonder about how sexy they are, nor do I the girls. come to think of it, so are the nords, bretons, and redguards. I actually think the non-human races are way more charming than the human races just because of how non-human they are... If that makes any sense at all.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts