Official DLC trailer for Dawnguard

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

TJ GORY

Not of this Plane...
I hope there is more than what is in the trailer. The stuff in the video looks good but it doesn't look like enough new content for its own trailer.
yeah i know tod howard said the first DLC will be meaty and thats why i understood the long wait but if its just two castles vampires and crossbows im going to flip S**T.

Monolith

The Progeny of Vikings
I think this is gonna jive really well with my wicked Khajiit assassin. Looking forward to going all-out evil and biting the necks of unsuspecting victims! I must say my expectations for this first DLC weren't exactly high, but Dawnguard is looking better than I anticipated. ;)

Necromis

DOCTA make a sexy imperial vampire, too. :D

perkecet

I hope there is more than what is in the trailer. The stuff in the video looks good but it doesn't look like enough new content for its own trailer.
what do you mean? we've got completely new areas of the map, new weapons, armor, mounts, abilities, factions, quests, and game mechanics. what else do you want?

The Hungry Orc

Master of the Pyre
Wait..
so the PS3 users...
OH.
OH NAW.
OH HEYL NAW!

higgi07

what do you mean? we've got completely new areas of the map, new weapons, armor, mounts, abilities, factions, quests, and game mechanics. what else do you want?
I wasn't aware that there was new area of map, It still looked like mostly Skyrim. May need to watch it again

perkecet

have you ever seen the two giant castles in the video? you think bethesda would insult us by just plopping them down on the current map? the first scene shows a boat in the water heading to the vampire castle on an island.

higgi07

Yes, but I reckon that will be just north of skyrim. What I meant by more locations is maybe another locations outside of skyrim. Anyway it still looks good.

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
I'm hoping this place is like it's own island, like Shivering Isle. What I did notice about the trailer is Dragonsreach, which I found interesting. I hope NPCs that were in regular Skyrim have some part to play in this DLC.

Verac

Yes, but I reckon that will be just north of skyrim. What I meant by more locations is maybe another locations outside of skyrim. Anyway it still looks good.
Well close observation of the trailer shows on the eldar scrolls map markarth linking to solitude with the surrounding moutains around solitude being red. so perhaps its on the otherside of the isle?

Kath

"The next day, he did return with more questions, these ones very specific. He wanted to know about the vampires of eastern Skyrim. I told him about the most powerful tribe, the Volkihar, paranoid and cruel, whose very breath could freeze their victims' blood in the veins. I explained to him how they lived beneath the ice of remote and haunted lakes, never venturing into the world of men except to feed.
Movarth Piquine listened carefully, and asked more questions into the night, until at last he was ready to leave.
"I will not see you for a few days," he said. "But I will return, and tell you how helpful your information has been."
True to his word, the man returned to my chapel shortly after midnight four days later. There was a fresh scar on his cheek, but he was smiling that grim but satisfied smile of his.
"Your advice helped me very much," he said. "But you should know that the Volkihar have an additional ability you didn't mention. They can reach through the ice of their lakes without breaking it. It was quite a nasty surprise, being grabbed from below without any warning.""
-Excerpt from "Immortal Blood", in-game book by "anonymous".
We need this. Unfortunately, it looked like we aren't getting this, but if we're in Skyrim, and there're dragons busting through the ice, and the entire DLC is focused on vampires... we need to see the Volkihar. How amazing would it be to have one pull you under the ice, and have to escape? And it's criminal for Bethesda to tantalize us with such awesome things and then not actually include them in the game (see also: Werebears).

Verac

"The next day, he did return with more questions, these ones very specific. He wanted to know about the vampires of eastern Skyrim. I told him about the most powerful tribe, the Volkihar, paranoid and cruel, whose very breath could freeze their victims' blood in the veins. I explained to him how they lived beneath the ice of remote and haunted lakes, never venturing into the world of men except to feed.
Movarth Piquine listened carefully, and asked more questions into the night, until at last he was ready to leave.
"I will not see you for a few days," he said. "But I will return, and tell you how helpful your information has been."
True to his word, the man returned to my chapel shortly after midnight four days later. There was a fresh scar on his cheek, but he was smiling that grim but satisfied smile of his.
"Your advice helped me very much," he said. "But you should know that the Volkihar have an additional ability you didn't mention. They can reach through the ice of their lakes without breaking it. It was quite a nasty surprise, being grabbed from below without any warning.""
-Excerpt from "Immortal Blood", in-game book by "anonymous".
We need this. Unfortunately, it looked like we aren't getting this, but if we're in Skyrim, and there're dragons busting through the ice, and the entire DLC is focused on vampires... we need to see the Volkihar. How amazing would it be to have one pull you under the ice, and have to escape? And it's criminal for Bethesda to tantalize us with such awesome things and then not actually include them in the game (see also: Werebears).
Well the werebears were speculation but i do agree about volkihar. having them as enemies ATLEAST would be nice. i want more werewolf incentives. seems vampires are fixed now. better ways to feed. vampire lord form. hyponosis((have no idea what that does ingame prob like command humanoid)) and no longer have to wait till night to feed.

Uther Pundragon

The Harbinger of Awesome
Staff member
A vampire hunter maaay be fun. But honestly, who hasn't killed a ton of vampires already by now in TES? Now is the time to truly reign as a dark lord of the night!

All your blood are belong to us.

Docta Corvina

A vampire hunter maaay be fun. But honestly, who hasn't killed a ton of vampires already by now in TES? Now is the time to truly reign as a dark lord of the night!

All your blood are belong to us.

Right on! LOL, I've played enough Castlevania (a series I love, mind you) to be more than ready and willing to be a vampire and kick some hunter ass for once! :D

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts