Official DLC trailer for Dawnguard

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
This is going to be great, starting a vampire now...

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Uther Pundragon

The Harbinger of Awesome
Staff member
SKYRIM VAMPIRE
edward-cullen-desk.jpg
VS
DAWNGUARD VAMPIRE
underworld-evolution-2006-60-g.jpg
YEAH. LIKE THAT'S A TOUGH CHOICE
Okay, sorry for the super cheesy post but it had to be done. I can't express how much I hope this DLC succeeds.​

Docta Corvina

LOL yeah, I know I've done a lot of whining ...or, whinging as the bf would say lol... about my vampirism in my first Xbox file ever. How I've tried so many times to get rid of it via Falion and it failing/bugging out. But hell, I may now have a new use for it. Except I'd been playing that character as a 'lawful good' type, even despite her affliction.

I think I'll end up making a new vampire character, an Imperial, ahead of this DLC release. I may even base him off one of my existing fanfic characters. Because, hell...if vampires are getting overhauled the way they appear to be in the trailer, I'm all about it now! :D

imaginepageant

Slytherin Alumni
underworld-evolution-2006-60-g.jpg

Yes, that's from Underworld: Evolution, second in the series. That's the elder, Marcus, in his vampire-werewolf hybrid form.

Anyway. OH MY GOD I'M SO EXCITED. I've been holding off on playing a vampire because A. they do kind of suck, and B. it felt pointless without any kind of faction or questline to go along with it. I had been hoping so hard that Dawnguard would be vampire-centric, so I'm immensely pleased. (Also, I totally called it the minute the teaser image was released, and who doesn't like being right?)

The pressing question now is: do I play it with my Dunmer, who I'd been planning to turn into a vampire eventually, or do I create a new character? So hard to decide...

It looks way more involved than I'd been expecting, though. It almost seems like it could be an entirely new standalone game. Since it is a Skyrim DLC, I'm hoping that whatever storyline Dawnguard brings will somehow tie in to Skyrim's established storylines and characters.

imaginepageant

Slytherin Alumni
Box-ers get to beta test it for 30 days to find the bugs we won't have to worry about cuz they have patched it.

They still haven't fixed many, many bugs from the original release of the game seven months ago. You really think they're going to patch any bugs from Dawnguard in thirty days?

imaginepageant

Slytherin Alumni
you gotta start a new character when the dlc comes out!

But I have so maaaaaany alreaaaaaady! And yet I already have ideas for a new character swimming through my head. :D I've always wanted to use the name Cathica for something, I think this might be it. BUT THEN, the question is WHAT RACE? I don't want to start another Dunmer; maybe it's finally time to suck it up and try an Altmer.

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
I have too many characters myself, but I might have to start a new one just for this. Maybe finally just give in and make a vampire character. I could easily move all the characters I don't play that often to a flashdive for safe keeping.

I'm thinking an Orc Vampire, sounds different.

Necromis

If I do it I will probably resurect my Thalmor *agent.* She was a sneaky little dark bitch. Even liked having to kill her own kind to keep her cover going.

Docta Corvina

Yeah, thought about this while driving around doing errands...I'm DEFINITELY using one of my fanfic characters for this. Will make his file on the Xbox very soon. The world can never have enough sexy Imperial vampires. :cool:

He's such a badass...*giggle* <3

higgi07

I hope there is more than what is in the trailer. The stuff in the video looks good but it doesn't look like enough new content for its own trailer.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts