Odin Sphere HD Remaster Dated For Release

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Peter Paltridge

Administrator
We now know when Vanillaware's HD remaster of Odin Sphere, Odin Sphere Leifthrasir, will be turning up: they've announced the release date as June 7. It'll be available both digitally and in disc form for Playstation 3, Playstation 4 and Vita.

The rerelease will be more than just a hi-res enhancement. Vanillaware will be updating the combat and RPG mechanics, and adding some new content. They're still keeping mum on just what will be new, but they do mention additional monsters and new fully-voiced cutscenes. Just as long as sheep still grow from plants.

An 8-bit throwback version of Odin Sphere is also in the works as a promotional tool, but it won't be released outside of the webpage it'll be embedded in. Atlus still hasn't revealed when that version will be released, but I'd imagine they would prefer to get it out while the remaster is still new in stores.

Odin Sphere was originally released on the Playstation 2 in 2007. If you missed it then, don't miss it now.
View the Post on the Blog

rz3300

Having fully voiced cutscenes really does not interest me all the much, but I would like to see the new monsters that they are talking about. Something about these announcement always makes me a little weary, though, and unfortunately they often disappoint, at least in my experience. Maybe this one will change that though.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts