• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Whats your favorite between these two (please vote)

• Total voters
I have not played oblivion ever (i know right) and i saw it at gamestop pre owned for 20 or 15 bucks is oblivion worth it? please comment back

Neutralizor

Definently worth it, Oblivion is like a better verison of Skyrim so if you like Skyrim it's pretty much a must buy.

Skarv

May I ask what's good about it? I only brought Skyrim cause my friends were all like "BRO YOU CAN HAVE FIRE IN YO HANDS!" and I was like ( O ____O ) I must get it, so yeah. The graphics aren't something to be talking good, like the races like argonians look a bit.....akward haha

Gehenna

Dazed & Confused
There are enough mods out there to make up for the graphics. Also if you turn up the settings to high and enable antialiasing it doesn't look bad at all. Here's a video I made awhile back. Look at the doors and walls. Not bad eh? I do have a few graphic enhancing mods but nothing as huge as Qarl's pack. Ignore the voice/lipsync problem. All my videos do that. I think it's a hardware issue with my computer. Doesn't do it in the game.

Jonezy

Yeah definately worth the buy, great story and quests. Id happily play it over again in years to come.

Brina

Well, if I had to put it up against skyrim, skyrim would win by a long run, naturally it being the more "improved" one.
But it's a good game, and I was thinking of playing it again myself
Try it out. Only twenty bucks, right? ;)

im getting ac 3 dishonored and either TES online (depends when it comes out) or Ncaa football 13. for birthday TES online (birthdays march 11, so still depends when it comes out.) im saving my money for dishonored before christmas so maybe i can get something else

Brina

TES online... Hmm I doubt it'll be that great because its not by Bethesda, could be good, but if I know one thing, it's that MMOs don't come out that well.
And it's not their fault. MMOs are definitely harder (to produce and manage) than single players. First of all you have to constantly manage it and second you have to make sure the player-to-player interactions work well and good.
Of course it may be good, and I plan on trying it anyway.

Harperlarp

Oblivion was amazing but if you've never played it you shouldn't bother. You should have played it before skyrim, while it was still relevant. Going back to it now you simply won't be able to appreciate it for what it is. This happened with me. I played oblivion a plops load but then I tried morrowind for the first time and hate absolutely everything about it despite everyone claiming it was awesome, which it probably was back when it was new. I think you've missed your chance to enjoy oblivion.

Solitude

Inactive
Skyrim and Oblivion are both totally different games, yet so similar.

Yes i believe you should get oblivion its a great game!

Brina

Oblivion was amazing but if you've never played it you shouldn't bother. You should have played it before skyrim, while it was still relevant. Going back to it now you simply won't be able to appreciate it for what it is. This happened with me. I played oblivion a pl*** load but then I tried morrowind for the first time and hate absolutely everything about it despite everyone claiming it was awesome, which it probably was back when it was new. I think you've missed your chance to enjoy oblivion.

Your right. I started out with morrowind then moved on to oblivion and now morrowind literally and figuratively feel sick when I play morrowind now. :p

—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—
Twas brillig and the slithy toves did gyre gimble in the wabe. All mimsy were the borogoves and the mome raths outgrabe.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts