Oblivion sword more detailed than Skyrim sword?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Hunfar

So, after running around Skyrim on my Nord-noob I realized how dull and flat the steel sword looks. I popped in Oblivion afterward and noticed the silver sword looks miles better, tons of small detail and design compared to the steel sword in Skyrim. I understand that maybe they did this to suit the game more, but it looks to lack depth/detail where it shouldn't

Both are console version though which may explain it, but still, it looks blurred and flat by comparison which on a newer game is surprising.

wel i think the same way uf you look at the other weapons like steel and iron in i personally think that they look cooler in oblivion but in skyrim they improved the high level weapons like deadric and glass look cooler

Daedric_Crusader

Lord and Master of all I servey.
^ - the reason I think that this may be the case is that Nords are simple, strong and do not care for patterned design and pretty engravings and textures, they seem only to want to have something to get the job done. In Oblivion however, In the Imperial Province "Cyrodiil", It is more civilised, the economy is better and they do care for art and more civilised and pretty things in life... most in the Imperial City are wealthy and they can afford blacksmiths to make little etches and designs to make their weapons and armor more decorated and better to look at, other than the Nordic symbols and basic patterns on the steel sword in Skyrim. Silver sword in Oblivion is a very artistic type of weapon, more praised in with formal, rich knights/warriors, even though you see gladiators use silver weaponry... so in short, Skyrim is a cold, hard land, that is denizens care little for design and only prioritise effectiveness. :Dovahkiin:

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts