• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
Let's talk about oblivion mods while we wait for skyrim to come out.

So what mods are you guys using? I am using over 20 different mods so it's hard to talk about all of them. But I'm really digging the Unique Landscape mods. It makes various parts of Cyrodiil feel more unique. Gameplay-wise, I'm using Oblivion XP, Deadly reflex, and LAME(I think its acronym for Less Annoying Magic Enhancement). Right now, my deadly reflex isn't working properly because of all the mods I have right now... I can't seem to use the bash key while crouching which is kind of annoying =/

Personally, I recommend Duke Patrick's Combat archery and stealth overhaul. Combat Archery is what inspired Skyrim to change marksmanship by making bow a lot stronger with some reasonable balances. Stealth overhaul is pretty much mandatory if you want your character to be a silent assassin. Not only does it change sneak attack bonus multiplier, it also has hotkeys for equipment. It's super useful if you want to change all your gear with just one button.

I'd like to know which mods you guys use. I think I probably need another Magic mod since LAME isn't giving me all that much.

N3w_2_$kyr1min

Can't wait for Skyrim
I'm using quite a few atm... I have all the DLC's, unofficial oblivion patch, Oscuro's oblivion overhaul, Darnified UI, Depth of field, a mod that gives an extra variety of loading screens, akatosh mount (pet dragons xD), some extra weapons and armors, ImpeREAL City Unique Districts, Glenvar Castle (that one has a fun quest), let the people drink, CM partners, , realistic force, borderless cyrodil, PJ's Spells, Supreme Magicka, Deadly Reflex, No psychic guards, cosmetic compilation, Illimunation within & without, this thing that lets you do loads of poses, extra races, extra stores, etc. also some 18+ mods. xD

I'll tell you, it was hard to get a stable game with all those mods lol. I'm never touching the load order again. xD

Steve House

I have a lot of mods in oblivion as well...most of them are the same as N3w_2_Skyr1mi's. But can anyone tell me why Oblivion crashes when I exit my video settings? I've tried the Oldblivion mod but that messed up my whole UI so I unistalled it. I have the unofficial Oblivion Patch and Shivering Isles patch but I cant figure out why it crashes on me...any suggestions would help. Thanks!

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
I'm using quite a few atm... I have all the DLC's, unofficial oblivion patch, Oscuro's oblivion overhaul, Darnified UI, Depth of field, a mod that gives an extra variety of loading screens, akatosh mount (pet dragons xD), some extra weapons and armors, ImpeREAL City Unique Districts, Glenvar Castle (that one has a fun quest), let the people drink, CM partners, , realistic force, borderless cyrodil, PJ's Spells, Supreme Magicka, Deadly Reflex, No psychic guards, cosmetic compilation, Illimunation within & without, this thing that lets you do loads of poses, extra races, extra stores, etc. also some 18+ mods. xD

I'll tell you, it was hard to get a stable game with all those mods lol. I'm never touching the load order again. xD
oh sweet. some of those mods sound pretty interesting, like ImpeREAL City Unique Districts and let the people drink. I think I'll download that next time. I'm so busy these days though... I don't think I'll be able to touch oblivion until skyrim comes out :sadface: or the gut to touch it, rather. My oblivion is so modded up, I'm kind of scared to touch it. It sometimes crashes and every time I exit the game, it exits by crashing... That's really annoying because I have to ctrl alt tab every time I want to exit the game. WHY?? -.-

Jeruhmi

Some 18+ mods, eh? :p
I don't really want to think what they could be.

N3w_2_$kyr1min

Can't wait for Skyrim
Some 18+ mods, eh? :p
I don't really want to think what they could be.

Lol, yeah you seriously don't wanna know. xD People can come up with some interesting mods..

oh sweet. some of those mods sound pretty interesting, like ImpeREAL City Unique Districts and let the people drink. I think I'll download that next time. I'm so busy these days though... I don't think I'll be able to touch oblivion until skyrim comes out :sadface: or the gut to touch it, rather. My oblivion is so modded up, I'm kind of scared to touch it. It sometimes crashes and every time I exit the game, it exits by crashing... That's really annoying because I have to ctrl alt tab every time I want to exit the game. WHY?? -.-

Yeah, they are pretty good. I believe they go well with 'Illumination within' and 'Illumination without' as well. But I feel the same, I'm not gonna add anymore mods lol. And when I eventually mod skyrim, I'm gonna be really careful about keeping it stable.. sucks having an unstable game.

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
Yeah, they are pretty good. I believe they go well with 'Illumination within' and 'Illumination without' as well. But I feel the same, I'm not gonna add anymore mods lol. And when I eventually mod skyrim, I'm gonna be really careful about keeping it stable.. sucks having an unstable game.
I agree. I made a huge mistake of downloading multiple mods at once. I skimmed through the readme files as always and I ended up wasting more hours on figuring out why it wasn't working properly. I will never do that again...

Flamingtaco

Generally I used large combinations of mods like ooo, mmm, tie, obge, and other smalller mods to make it mroe playable until eventually I had too many and the game died. I'm doing a last play though with regenerating health, no psychic guards, a few small fixes, and obge.

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
Thumbs up for the Unique Landscape mod, and Midas’ Magic Spells of Aurum.
I tried Midas Magic. I was confused on what I'm supposed to do so I kind of just gave that up. That was before I really began hardmodding oblivion though. Can you give me some idea what it is? I'm using LAME. It's pretty good, balancing all magics here and there, also adding mark&recall, etc.

Travis

I haven't used LAME.... I'll have to check it out. Well, first and foremost, Midas totally breaks the game by overpowering you. So if you aren't into that, then just skip right over it. If you have enough self control to keep from ruining the game for yourself, or you have played through the game multiple times like we have, then it's not a problem.

Essentially the mod adds a crap ton of spells, but also new spell effects. You can check it out here. A lot of the spells are redundant, but still, transmuting dead foes into gold is just really fun for some reason.

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
I haven't used LAME.... I'll have to check it out. Well, first and foremost, Midas totally breaks the game by overpowering you. So if you aren't into that, then just skip right over it. If you have enough self control to keep from ruining the game for yourself, or you have played through the game multiple times like we have, then it's not a problem.

Essentially the mod adds a crap ton of spells, but also new spell effects. You can check it out here. A lot of the spells are redundant, but still, transmuting dead foes into gold is just really fun for some reason.
oh ic. I guess I'm not really looking for OP spells. LAME is a pretty good magic balance mod. It adds more to each school and makes effect durations a lot longer since it was too short in vanilla version.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts