• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Do you cheat on your video games?

• Total voters

Rena

My first time through any game I have a strict No Cheating policy. But eventually I always cheat. I just can't help it. The most common cheat I use is a way to get money.
In Oblivion, I abuse the duplication glitch. All you need is a bow, some arrows, and a sellable item of value. Equip your bow and arrows, load/aim but dont shoot, press B and equip the arrows two more times, last drop the item. However many arrows you have is how many copies of that item there'll be. An easy way to get gold and raise that Mercantile skill.
Anybody know any good cheats/glitchs for those of us that have cheating issuses?

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
I do them occasionally but only on games where cheating is fun. as for RPG like Skyrim, I almost never cheat. I would only cheat to undo some glitches and bugs but I take role-playing games more seriously since it's more fun that way. Some games like GTA cheating makes things even more interesting. Not to say that Skyrim isn't fun with cheats. Skyrim can be fun with cheats but only in a short term and it does sometimes ruin the game experience (like maxing speed up to 200 in oblivion and now you can't play oblivion without pulling your hair out from slower running)

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
But I did exploit this cheats/glitch in oblivion. I made a spell that increases my mercantilism and speechcraft up to 100 for one second. It's really cheap and all it takes is one second since time freezes when you talk to other people haha. Or you could make a spell that absorbs mercantilism and charm a person by 100 points for 1 second. You get the best deals all the time

Also, you can make a spell that increases your armorer up to 100 points by one second. One repair hammer is all you need with that spell.

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
I frequently cheated in games when I was younger but that has stopped over the years. Nowadays I’d feel bad if I cheated because I am looking for a challenge in a game. But I still do it from time to time when I am merely looking to goof around (cf. hexperiment’s GTA example).

Deeley

Early on when I played Oblivion I did the glitch where you kill some guy in the Imperial City (so long ago I can't remember details) and you could loot his gold over and over and over again :] and also duplicated grand soul gems (with the arrow glitch) so I can use this staff called Apotheosis unlimited times. Heh and duplicated things over 9000 times to fill a pond. Was funny at first, then got bored because there was no challenge so deleted the character and started again.

Rena

See I don't get it when people say "there was no challege" Its just a gold cheat. Turn the gameplay up if you want challanging

TeggyGoneMad

cheating is cheating, and it takes the fun out the game, but so far the best cheat in skyrim is defently the pc cheat, for carry capisity, as playing mage, you rarely take much in stamia, and can´t carry anything. but still a cheat, why i play a xbox=harder to cheat, only ingame exploits

renswic

On the first run through, never. I used the snot out of the Oblivion console on my 3rd and 4th play through.

On my 360, very very rarely. Last one I cheated on was/is Saints Row, lots of fun to be had there :p

Fate

>Living, Loving, Learning<
I never cheat on the first run, Like renswic said, but I cheat my butt off after I finish it the first time.

Best duplicate idea I had was paint brush because when you drop them they float, you can climb to anything you like with that idea just keep jumping on them and droping another best idea around

ElderScrollsModz

Teh Gamesave Modder
I duplicated 34,000 watermelons and sent them down a mountain and I modded my gold to 9,999,999,999.

Cheating gets boring...

SuperAxilla

Article Writer
My first time through any game I have a strict No Cheating policy. But eventually I always cheat. I just can't help it. The most common cheat I use is a way to get money.
In Oblivion, I abuse the duplication glitch. All you need is a bow, some arrows, and a sellable item of value. Equip your bow and arrows, load/aim but dont shoot, press B and equip the arrows two more times, last drop the item. However many arrows you have is how many copies of that item there'll be. An easy way to get gold and raise that Mercantile skill.
Anybody know any good cheats/glitchs for those of us that have cheating issuses?

I'm the same way with some games. I'll play through a few times and then do a profile mod/hack. But I never bring it online though. The main reason, is that sometimes I find it helpful to easily go through a gameplay to figure a few things out. Then I go back and play it normally knowing what direction I want my character to take. I know it's a foul, but it helps me with some tough games. When Skyrim came out and had a glitch issue that prevented me from progressing until the issue was patched, I did a profile mod/hack. It actually helped me to progress past the quest that the glitch prevented me from doing, and it was fun for awhile. Like jumping off the Throat of the World and living. I played through in this manner, and it really helped me decide which character, path and perks I would pursue when they patched the issue. Now the issue is patched and I'm having much more fun playing normally with my new character and perks I decided to choose.

Rathalos_lord_of_the_sky

-Bnahabra King-
Cheats? Pff mods much better. Get some good mods and it will make the game a whole lot better. There are ones for banking which give you waaaaaaaay unrealistic intrest so it will be an easy Non-cheating money maker

DragonBornDark

I always play Oblivion, Skyrim or any sim games because i fid doing that fun but in any other games it is not.

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
I avoid the cheat codes for the first few playthroughs like some other folks said. Then, it really depends on the game. If there's some stupidly annoying aspect, I'm more than fine with getting around it however I can. The point of the game is for my personal enjoyment. In Skyrim, I did up the carry capacity on my last character. Other than that, the only console stuff I did was to get out of a bug situation. On my current playthrough, I haven't felt the need to use any codes at all and I'm having a good time. I think it's a bit easier because I know how much of the stuff I can actually sell instead of horde, which perks are useful and so forth.

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
Well I'm never after the full god mode stuff. I personally find that boring. I do actually put god mode on my daughter's characters in some games. She's 10 years old and isn't terribly facile with these games yet, so she manages to have a good time and not die constantly. For me though, carry capacity was all I wanted so that's all I tweaked.

Solitude

Inactive
I do them occasionally but only on games where cheating is fun. as for RPG like Skyrim, I almost never cheat. I would only cheat to undo some glitches and bugs but I take role-playing games more seriously since it's more fun that way. Some games like GTA cheating makes things even more interesting. Not to say that Skyrim isn't fun with cheats. Skyrim can be fun with cheats but only in a short term and it does sometimes ruin the game experience (like maxing speed up to 200 in oblivion and now you can't play oblivion without pulling your hair out from slower running)
I just love cheating in gta4, getting weapons 3 and then running around and just shooting rockets at everything... Destroying everything i see.

Cant forget cheating in San Andreas, getting the cheat were you drive into another car and their car blows up. I use to drive round hitting everything, then use the flying cheat go up real high into the sky then go flying down to stuff. Fun Times.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts