• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Neriad13

Premium Member
So, I've finally decided to go ahead and start up Oblivion from the long list of games that I bought during Steam's Black Friday sale. I'm excited! It's the last major TES game I've yet to play besides Arena.

But what sort of character should I go with on my first playthrough? I'm inclined to start as a warrior, as I usually do, because there's less of a learning curve at the beginning. However, I've heard great things about the Dark Brotherhood and Thieves' Guild. So...I'm also interested in playing as a thief. But exactly how good is stealth in this game?

What do? :eek:

Adolf Stormcloak

My title's better than your title
When I played Oblivion I was too young to know what the fluff I was doing, so I always ended up playing a warrior. I never figured out how magic worked, so I always used staffs. And I'm pretty I never attempted to play as a thief unless I was trying to pickpocket someone. I'd say play a blind play through first of whatever you want so you can learn the game, and then after you get the catch of things make your serious build.

Mannulus

Article Writer
So, I've finally decided to go ahead and start up Oblivion from the long list of games that I bought during Steam's Black Friday sale. I'm excited! It's the last major TES game I've yet to play besides Arena.

But what sort of character should I go with on my first playthrough? I'm inclined to start as a warrior, as I usually do, because there's less of a learning curve at the beginning. However, I've heard great things about the Dark Brotherhood and Thieves' Guild. So...I'm also interested in playing as a thief. But exactly how good is stealth in this game?

I don't remember stealth being that good in Oblivion, from what I can recall from my play time. Its also EXTREMELY repetitive. For example: "Hey, I need you to steal 5000 gold in loot so you can talk to me/that person."

Anthrax

Revenant of Shadows

Stealth is very good as you progress.

My advice here is to wear the shadows as soon as possible (i.e. use invisibility spells early.) in the early stages of your character development.

Khajiits in Oblivion are good at stealth and make excellent thieves in the game. Though I always have been an Imperial in Oblivion, the Khajiits are very good.

Join the fighters guild early if you need to get a jump start, then progress and join the thieves. ;)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts