• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Spenny

Mod Developer
This thread is for general development of the different NPC's involved in the mod, including the physical appearance, character/personality, and voice actor. All of the following is of course open to change, and this post will be updated as necessary.

I'm hoping to create a sort of rolodex of "RP Style" NPC profiles so that each character is fleshed out and not one dimensional.

Jamirus

Eater of random alchemy ingredients
Cartel? Give the leader a cigar and a boonie hat and then he's done. Also This new skooma, Where could i get some? Hee hee

SuperAxilla

Article Writer
Couldn't find another way to post this to you and it has nothing to do w/ this thread, but:
Hi spenny, Was thing about your project of making replica Skyrim weapons & I found one on e-bay of a daedric sword bid up to $94.00 with one day left. Another site says that "official" replicas have not been endorsed by Bethesda yet, but there are talks of a market for them, as there may be conventions (ought to be funny, kinda like star trek conventions). I was also thinking, it would be really easy to make a replica of the alchemy and Enchanting tables. That would be cool.

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
I'd say there are two types of NPCs you can create that are fun to interact with. One would be realistic approach. Typically, realistic NPCs would have believable personalities and some serious background story so that players can feel invested when interacting with such NPC. They could joke around occasionally (depending on personality) but they are usually badasses. Another type would be cartoonic. Their personality is unreal and exaggerated but that's part of the fun. Players may hate or love the character. When such character is around, his or her presence is easily recognized. NPC designing could be the mix of those two style too. Just be sure to know which direction your NPC design is going

phantom cat

dont forget about the drunks to brawl its good armor practice without the death

phantom cat

also can people kill each other cause i love to assassinate

Lyt

I'd say there are two types of NPCs you can create that are fun to interact with. One would be realistic approach. Typically, realistic NPCs would have believable personalities and some serious background story so that players can feel invested when interacting with such NPC. They could joke around occasionally (depending on personality) but they are usually badasses. Another type would be cartoonic. Their personality is unreal and exaggerated but that's part of the fun. Players may hate or love the character. When such character is around, his or her presence is easily recognized. NPC designing could be the mix of those two style too. Just be sure to know which direction your NPC design is going

To build upon what Hex posted, you don't need to vary your character qualities to the extreme to make them likable (or dis-likable). Once you have a template down, all it takes is a few quirks or oddities or mannerisms to make them unique.

rowynyew

I have an idea for an NPC.
Draemius
Nord Fighter
Appearance: Tall; stocky, but muscular; light brown hair, about shoulder length, straight; bluish gray eyes
Preferences: Heavy armor, crossbow, smithing, destruction, restoration
Mannerism: He is the kind of guy who will walk up and stick his crossbow in your face if you look at him cross. Aggressive and intimidating. He looks bad-ass and he is. Has many kills throughout the years. He doesn't need to sneak because he believes in fair fights. He will confront his enemies head on and never backs down from a challenge.
Favorite line: You look like you could use an attitude adjustment from my crossbow.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts