Now, Archer/Conjurer vs Archer with no magic

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Epsilon

Shaun
Now that i know i want an archer class, for those that have played with both builds and some people mentioned this before in my archer thread.

Whats the pro's and cons of an archer/conjurer?
Whats the pro's and cons of a straight archer with no magic just a 1h sword if plops goes down?

Im torn between the two builds a i like the idea of both of them. I just know if i go conjurer ill have unlimited arrows but will have less perks to put into sneak and such.

Phobos

I just started an archer/conjurer yesterday so i cant really comment on that.

However, my other character, my first character, I was strictly an archer. To the point where sold my daggers off at one point jut because i wanted to get all my money back from paying him to train me.

After level 45 i started using the bound bow instead of my regular bow(s) because i wanted the conjuration points. It was pretty fun to also fun to conjure an atronach to just annoying my targets while i picked them off clean. I didnt really do much else but use the bound bow.

The character i built yesterday i am building to use the bound bow with slow trap and the quiet casting perk. I have just got the bound bow spell tome and will start dungeon delving soon. I think it should be pretty beastly to start with the bound bow because of its start damage and arrow damage.

Conjuration will come in handy during some of the confrontations with dragurs are falling out of the walls and you can only shoot so fast.

Epsilon

Shaun
I just started an archer/conjurer yesterday so i cant really comment on that.

However, my other character, my first character, I was strictly an archer. To the point where sold my daggers off at one point jut because i wanted to get all my money back from paying him to train me.

After level 45 i started using the bound bow instead of my regular bow(s) because i wanted the conjuration points. It was pretty fun to also fun to conjure an atronach to just annoying my targets while i picked them off clean. I didnt really do much else but use the bound bow.

The character i built yesterday i am building to use the bound bow with slow trap and the quiet casting perk. I have just got the bound bow spell tome and will start dungeon delving soon. I think it should be pretty beastly to start with the bound bow because of its start damage and arrow damage.

Conjuration will come in handy during some of the confrontations with dragurs are falling out of the walls and you can only shoot so fast.

So your just gonna put just enough in illusion to get quiet casting? And just enough in conjuration for the bound bow? Im guessing the rest of the points will go into archery and sneaking?

ok, here's the thing, the best kind of archer is a sneak archer, because you want the X3 perk as well as the ability to get into position, this means that they only conjuration that you'll really want and use is the bound weapons, summons really just get in the way and if plops goes down you can almost always handle itself, that being said you don't even really need another weapon, I have no weapon on my sneak archer, I am perked into block and have a shield, but I only really use it if I feel like it, you'll find that the bow does well at all ranges. a bound bow will also give you infinite deadric arrows to fire from it so that alone covers most of the damage difference between it and a deadric bow that's been smithed appropriately, so the only downside is enchanting, but it essentially already has two enchants on it if you get the perks (soul trap and expel deadra), it can also be poisoned like any other bow.

so I find that they best archer build goes into conjuration (all the bound weapon perks and up to the half adept cost) and in the illusion tree up until quiet casting, than getting the archery tree and the sneak tree (the x15 damage perk is optional). you won't really need that much else...

D0MIN0

The Conjuration-Archer build is better in the beginning in my opinion. The down side of having to recast bound bow every 5 minutes is offset (for me) by never having to worry about buying or stocking up on arrows and saves me much aggravation. Also with the correct perks the conjured bow becomes more powerful than most if not all bows you have access too at lower levels (based on my experiences). That being said; Later on in the game I find that I can enchant/smith/improve real bows to do substantially more damage than the Conjured Bow is capable of, and you don't have to keep recasting it.

P.S. Also note that if you are attempting to create a sneak/archer that the conjured bow will work against you until you have the silent casting perk in the illusion tree. (I believe it's only 3 or 4 perks up in the tree)

Edit: Just thought of another con for the conjuration archer. I don't believe that the bound bow spell is available until you reach a certain level in conjuration (40?) And with conjuration you will more than likely have to spend some level up bonuses in magicka; whereas with a straight up archer, magicka is more or less pointless.

Necromis

really no down side to the conjure/archer mix. I did the whole quest line and several main side questlines with nothing more than the conjured bow at mystic damage with the soul trap perk. Regarding the last comment saying you have to be at a certain level to get it, that is only true if you don't go to the fort, I think it is fort Amol, that has it in the barrel. If you search the usep wiki it will tell you for sure the name of the fort. With just conjured weapons and armour you can pretty much make it thru the whole game.

The bound bow lasts a decent amt of time and your magicka will regen quickly enough to make it easily used once you have enough to actually cast it. I found it best to recast it just after some of my encounters at the start until I too got the quiet casting perk from illusion. Then I just waited until I was going into battle before I cast it.

If you shoot and move you will never need a melee weapon as you will never get found. It is only if you stay in the exact same spot that you get caught, as they home in on where you shot from, not where you are.

Epsilon

Shaun
im loving the bound bow, when i play it right im never spotted and when i am i kill them before they reach me cause normally i have a retreat plan where i can backtrack to a hiding spot and wait for them to walk away away then sneak back and take them out.

I still have my stupid moments like the thieves guild quest where you tail that argonian to the eastern empire. I wasnt expecting the bandits in the last part so i just kinda ran around the corner and died pretty quickly lol. So now no matter where i go im in sneak mode.

D0MIN0

Regarding the last comment saying you have to be at a certain level to get it, that is only true if you don't go to the fort, I think it is fort Amol, that has it in the barrel. If you search the usep wiki it will tell you for sure the name of the fort.
Wow..Really wish I would have known that when I started my conjuration/archer :confused:

TheDreamersverse

Brit Fahiil Vahdin
Really both are great, as these are really the only builds I use, not a very confrontational kind of player. If you don't really like the bound weapons just use the bound bow until you can get the better bows-plus it gives you time to find stuff to disenchant and level up both enchanting and smithing to make your bows OP

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts