• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Wauten Dayhil

Demon Hunter and Wordplay Extraordinaire
    Ah, never got around to checking.

Well... what if the Industrial Revolution caused some type of... I guess just smog, that crept into the marshes over time. And it messes with the mind ever-so-slightly, so it doesn't change the way people think, but it does have a negating effect on magick. And only a few Hist trees are resistant to its effects, but it still prevents them from communicating with anything not within the reach of their roots? That would make it canon for them to be able to only communicate with their specific tribe. PLUS, the smog explains why magick has fallen into legend, because it stops people from being able to channel their magicka. So only the ancient forms of magick, passed down through disciples, remains available?

Archer Drake

Parkour Enthusiast
    Ah, never got around to checking.

Well... what if the Industrial Revolution caused some type of... I guess just smog, that crept into the marshes over time. And it messes with the mind ever-so-slightly, so it doesn't change the way people think, but it does have a negating effect on magick. And only a few Hist trees are resistant to its effects, but it still prevents them from communicating with anything not within the reach of their roots? That would make it canon for them to be able to only communicate with their specific tribe. PLUS, the smog explains why magick has fallen into legend, because it stops people from being able to channel their magicka. So only the ancient forms of magick, passed down through disciples, remains available?

I like that idea. However, my character would not be able to call upon the Hist at all. Since he didn't grow up in Black Marsh.

Archer Drake

Parkour Enthusiast
    I still need to put up a CC.

Zweihander

Anyways, here's my character card

Name: Claude Hawkford
    Race: Human
    Ethnicity: Reachmen/North Colovian
    Nationality: Empire of Tiberia
    Class: Ranger
    Height: 6'1
    Weight: 178 lbs.
    Orientation: Heterosexual
    Afflictions: Walks with a slight limp from a prior wound to his right leg, prone to minor fits of coughing.
    Habits: Smoking

Appearance: Claude has fair skin, cropped dusty brown hair and hazel eyes. He maintains the image of a rough outdoors-man; his face and skin usually bronzed by constant exposure to the sun and his hair and beard wild and unkempt. He wears a worn and faded duster and a wide rimmed hat, suitable for protection from the elements and exposure that come with long stretches of being in the wilderness.

Skills and Weaponry: Claude is an experienced and vetted ranger. He is a very capable path-finder and tracker, and is assuredly capable of surviving in the wilderness for long stretches of time with no assistance whatsoever. He can hunt, has an understanding of herbalism, (and by extension, alchemy) and is a very capable rider of horses. He carries with him a double-action, nickel-plated revolver forged by Stonewall arms. He also carries with him a lever action repeating rifle, although he prefers to use his sidearm. He's an experienced shot, and is no stranger to using firearms in combat.

Companion(s): His horse, named Dandelion. A chestnut mare.

Personality: Claude is a gruff, tight-lipped man who gives off the impression that he much prefers the company of himself. He is a stoic individual, with a rather cynical and pessimistic world view which he aptly puts as being a realist. He has a penchant for sarcasm and snide remarks, and once you get past his hard exterior you find a man who genuinely cares for what's just and good in the world.

Background: Claude hails from the Northern province of Skyra, a vassal of the Tiberian Empire. He grew up in the village of Londo, a border-town situated along the Dunstad river which divides the Tiberian Empire from the Principality of Camlorn in High Rock. Here he lived a simple life in a quaint and quiet village, learning skills which come with rural life such as horse-riding and hunting. Traders and travelers on the path between the Tiberian Empire and the Iilac Confederation would often stop and rest in Londo, enthralling the young Claude with tales of the world and the sights and scenes to be beheld.

(Will finish at a later time, I promise!)

Archer Drake

Parkour Enthusiast
    Hey, Zweihander, you're not dropping this, are you?

Archer Drake

Parkour Enthusiast
    I haven't seen any recent development here. I'm not sure if Zweihander is pursuing this any longer.

Zweihander

Hey guys, sorry I've been busy a lot lately. But I'm not against trying to get this up and running again if you guys would still be interested.

Archer Drake

Parkour Enthusiast
    I'm game!

Keidivh

Noble exile of High Rock
    Hey guys, sorry I've been busy a lot lately. But I'm not against trying to get this up and running again if you guys would still be interested.
    I'm definitely interested! My only request is that Humans be separated, the Bretons, Nords, Redguard and Cyridilians all have unique customs that I think would continue into this time period

Zweihander

Hey then in that case, I'm down!

I'm definitely interested! My only request is that Humans be separated, the Bretons, Nords, Redguard and Cyridilians all have unique customs that I think would continue into this time period

This can be arranged for sure, although I don't think that the races of men in the Elder Scrolls universe should be handled exactly as they are in this time setting. In keeping with the theme of worldview reminiscent of our 19th-early 20th century time period, people would mostly focus on nationality. However, they'd still have their own unique culture and customs (which would've undergone some change/evolution in the untold years since the events of the games.)

If you guys want to post some character cards feel free! I could get up a thread whenever and we can jump right into roleplaying.

Archer Drake

Parkour Enthusiast
    I'll work on a CC as soon as I can. But that would be late afternoon/evening on Tuesday. I'm getting sworn into the Navy and there's a lot to do.

Zweihander

Respect, Drake. Personally I've been giving some thought to the military lately. A childhood friend of mine enlisted in the Marines last year and he's wholeheartedly recommended I do the same. He recommended a MOS (I think that is what it's called? It's an acronym in the military for your specialization) in something based around mechanics.

I'm fresh out of high school (whoa, personal details, crazy) and I've recently enrolled at a state university for the year. But I don't know if I want to do four full years of this. Maybe I'll change my mind. But as of right now racking up what will total to be close to 80,000 dollars in tuition costs over four years doesn't really sit well with me. So yeah, I'm not totally sure what to do and the military seems like a really good option for me.

Sorry that I just randomly kind of went on a small tangent about myself, I hope that didn't weird any of you guys out or anything. Just kind of venting online a bit.

Archer Drake

Parkour Enthusiast
    Respect, Drake. Personally I've been giving some thought to the military lately. A childhood friend of mine enlisted in the Marines last year and he's wholeheartedly recommended I do the same. He recommended a MOS (I think that is what it's called? It's an acronym in the military for your specialization) in something based around mechanics.

I'm fresh out of high school (whoa, personal details, crazy) and I've recently enrolled at a state university for the year. But I don't know if I want to do four full years of this. Maybe I'll change my mind. But as of right now racking up what will total to be close to 80,000 dollars in tuition costs over four years doesn't really sit well with me. So yeah, I'm not totally sure what to do and the military seems like a really good option for me.

Sorry that I just randomly kind of went on a small tangent about myself, I hope that didn't weird any of you guys out or anything. Just kind of venting online a bit.

It's ok Zweihander, I understand needing to vent. If you are looking to join the military, I'd advise you to talk to, or at least research, every branch before you make your decision. There are a lot of great programs and careers that the military can offer, but there's more than a little risk involved.

While the free tuition is great, some military degrees don't transfer into the civilian world well.

From what I found, the Navy has the best (for me anyway) options because of their technical focus.

If you are going in, I just caution you when making your descision. Recruiters are essentially salesmen, and they'll say whatever it takes to get you enlisted, remember that.

In the end, it all comes down to what's best for you. So ask a lot of questions and leave nothing to chance.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts