• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

elijahskyrim2

The Last Vampire, to End all Vampires
Hello everyone, I just had a question to ask that has been ruining my RP experience with sky rim after Dawnguard. I have been wanting to do a volkihar build that I found on the skyirm blog builds, and I try making a female vampire (attractive). Everytime I do this, I end up having some burnt face, and I look HIDEOUS. I also have a red line running down my lip, but that doesn't bother me.
So, if you know how to fix this, please let me know.

BTW, I'm on XBOX!

Thanks,

Elijah :)

Octavia

~ Ryla <3
I'm pretty sure the burnt face thing for vampires is intended, and I don't think there's a way to get rid of it on the Xbox version, aside from having your character cured of course.

Welcome to the forums btw.

Adam Warlock

Have you tried the face sculpter at the Ragged Flagon ?
idk if it will help but worth a shot

elijahskyrim2

Have you tried the face sculpter at the Ragged Flagon ?
idk if it will help but worth a shot
Thanks for the advice Adam, I have tried, but the face sculptor won't sculpt a "dead" persons face (aka vamps). So I cured vampirism, face sculpted, and became a vamp again, and burnt face D;

Thanks for the advice though,

Elijah

Pete

Wear hoods. Especially during the day. I prefer magic user hoods. fits the role perfectly - hoods look great on vampire armor.

elijahskyrim2

Wear hoods. Especially during the day. I prefer magic user hoods. fits the role perfectly - hoods look great on vampire armor.
Make I ask which hood? Btw I play on Xbox. Also, can you recommend which female race is prettiest as a vampire?

Gehenna

Dazed & Confused
This is one reason why I always preferred the PC version of any game. Even if you don't use mods there are fixes. The fix on PC is just to drop an altered texture into the data folder.

I'm sorry I can't offer any suggestions for XBox. I hope you are able to get it fixed.
Edit: Found a link to a workaround, but it requires a save from before you became a vampire. It's toward the middle of the thread. Good luck.
A viable Vampire Build (Also, regarding vampire burnt skin glitch) - The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Message Board for Xbox 360 - GameFAQs

elijahskyrim2

This is one reason why I always preferred the PC version of any game. Even if you don't use mods there are fixes. The fix on PC is just to drop an altered texture into the data folder.

I'm sorry I can't offer any suggestions for XBox. I hope you are able to get it fixed.
Edit: Found a link to a workaround, but it requires a save from before you became a vampire. It's toward the middle of the thread. Good luck.
A viable Vampire Build (Also, regarding vampire burnt skin glitch) - The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Message Board for Xbox 360 - GameFAQs
Thanks, Gehenna Im going to try this out !

elijahskyrim2

I have a question about it though, I just started my new nord female, I just got out of the starting area, and have yet to go to a cave and get sanguine vampiris. Now, when it says "with your new character" does that mean I need to start a another character after my new nord female, or continue with her?

Elijah

elijahskyrim2

Pretty sure it just means you need a clean non-vamp save. Oblivion had a similar issue (except it was face distortion and not dirt) and the fix was the same for the most part... load up a non-vamp save first, then load your desired save.
Ok, Thanks

Elijah

Pete

Make I ask which hood? Btw I play on Xbox. Also, can you recommend which female race is prettiest as a vampire?

I'm on the PC but keep mods and textures to a bare minimum, as they can introduce problems, with that said...

I just use the standard magic user robe hoods. The one you can get from the dead mage in helgan for example. Same ones the vigilantes also wear. (They help me upgrade my hood as they fall victim later) Also, when in town I wear vampire robes and a hat that hides most of the head (during the day). At night or indoors I always wear circlets.

For looks, I recommend Imperials or Nords. Youngest as possible. No war paint since you get 'blood paint'. But after so many young vamps, I'm really having fun playing an old female. When she turned she now looks like she's a 500 year old master vamp, and looks mean as hell. Really nice out-of-the-grave effect. Perfect for leading the vampire court.

As for those who say drop in textures, just be careful. Sometimes your character will start to flash, etc... So apply new textures gradually.

samgurl775

Cerberus Officer
Dawnguard hit vampires with the ugly stick. Well, except for Serana.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts