1. Welcome to Skyrim Forums. You totally should register so you can experience everything our community offers. We have various resources related to Skyrim which include a massive array of Guides and Tutorials. If you're here just for the discussion you can check out our General Skyrim Discussion section or if you're here for help you can check out our Skyrim Help section. We also have the latest Skyrim News and fun stuff like Roleplaying and even a Skyrim Fan Fiction section!

Are you here to discuss Dawnguard? You may discuss it by signing up and checking out this section.

So if you love Skyrim you should join for sure. Click the 'Sign Up' button on the right to register your account. You can register with your Facebook or Steam account.

Not going legendary on skills

Discussion in 'General Skyrim Discussion' started by Daelon DuLac, Apr 30, 2013.

1. Daelon DuLac

Daelon DuLac How do you backstab a Dragon?

As it's my first time through, I don't want to go legendary on my skills and have to start all over again from the beginning on them. Am I still going to be able to continue beyond 81st level or is that a requirement? I want to see if I can get everything to 100 on my first playthrough.
  2. Toytown Assassin

Toytown Assassin Member

You wont go past 81 without using legendary no.

I can understand wanting to max everything out the one time but once you've done that the legendary thing is fantastic for new characters. It really is great being able to level up without even touching skills that are outside of your characters area or just not using stuff you don't like. I like sneaking so I just keep resetting sneak and illusion to level my characters now. Love it.
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. Daelon DuLac

Thanks. Then, @ 81, I guess I'll go legendary. Dern it! I don't want to lose all my 2 handed, Heavy Armor, Enchanting and Sneak skills just to go back and do them all over again. Sheesh.
  4. Toytown Assassin

Toytown Assassin Member

I only reset the skills that level really fast. Well I'll also reset lockpick when it hits 100 as I never perk it and can pick locks at any level anyway.

When I reset sneak it's usually back up to 50 for full back-stab goodness within 1 or 2 dungeons depending on the size. Sneak levels so fast with back-stab damage it's crazy and I have no big problems with being detected as I have silent casting + invisibility & muffle from the illusion magic. When I reset illusion I just spend 1 min muticasting muffle to get that back to 50 for the silent casting perk and I'm back in business.
  5. Daelon DuLac

So I'm getting that I don't need to reset them all, just one. When I get to 81 then I can reset it backwards. Does it make leveling faster as well? It seems to take so long to level once your over 40th unless I alchemize and enchant the heck out of things or pay for all those classes!
  6. Nighthiker77

Nighthiker77 Well-Known Member

You don't have to reset them at the same time, and it's not like starting over because you have way better gear.
  7. Toytown Assassin

Toytown Assassin Member

No, leveling post 81 is slow. I think someone posted that you only gain 2 or 3 levels for releveling a skill to 100 at that level. For me the only point of hitting 80 even is to kill the ebony warrior and maybe see the legendary dragons as they crop up in the high 70's I think. Other than that you should be pretty much unkillable by then and have plenty of perks points. I tend to have lots spare but then I'm not trying to do everything with the one character.
  8. Daelon DuLac

Good point. Maybe 81 is a good time to go back. Just how powerful does one need to be, eh?
  9. Nighthiker77

Nighthiker77 Well-Known Member

I'd rather reset 2 or 3 skills I actually like to use than drudge through leveling multiple skills I don't enjoy at all