Nord Refugee Character Diary - Hrisskar III

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

BIGwooly

~ 29th of First Seed, 4E 228 ~

If I don't see another bear for the next month it won't be too soon. I'd barely made my way inside the grotto before I was confronted by two large bears. Not one. Two!

I had to think fast and come up with a plan before I lost the element of surprise. Since there were two of them, I decided to tip two arrows with a paralysis potion ... one for each bear. The idea being that I would paralyze them both and then kill each of them while they lay frozen on the ground. I also drank an archery potion and readied several more arrows with health-damaging poisons. This skirmish needed to be over as quickly as possible.

Everything pretty much went according to plan, except for the fact I wasn't able to kill either bear before they both recovered from the paralysis. As they rose back up from the ground I very nearly accepted the fact that I was dead ... that I would never see our home again ... never see my father again ... never read a book again ...

But I wasn't going to die without a fight. So I set the next poison arrow and let it fly. It struck as the bear began to charge me, but to my complete shock and uncertain relief, the other bear turned and ran. I can only assume the paralysis poison had left it confused. Regardless, my life was spared. Another arrow finished the charging bear just paces from me, and I was able to take the second bear down not too long after .. although I used several more poison potions.

Further in I encountered some wolves, and then a spriggan as I approached the wolves to retrieve my arrows. The spriggan was a bit easier to defeat than I expected, having never tangled with one before.

I took to the high ground after that, climbing up the rocks like no one else can seem to do. From there I dispatched of another bear and then another wolf. And then I spotted a hawk flying in the distance. I took aim and the arrow missed .. too far in front and a bit too high. Undeterred I notched another arrow and at the last second spotted a hawk swooping through the trees much closer to me. It was maybe thirty paces from my position, but moving through the trees and about to disappear behind some rocks. I quickly adjusted my aim and let the arrow go without hesitation. Incredibly, the arrow struck the hawk perfectly. I was ecstatic.

I gathered up the hawk and harvested it's feathers and beak, and then headed down into the shrine of Talos that resides in the grotto. I left a gift ... a potion and some leather strips, and received my blessing from the altar. Then I collected some of the moss I found hanging on the walls, and headed back up the rocks.

I spent the rest of the day skinning the bears and wolves I had killed. I had to leave behind some things so I could carry back the hides. As it was, I still had to leave behind one of the bears. I don't like to let animals go to waste, but I had no choice. It had already been a day of effort, especially with feeling so sick. I really just needed to get back to our home and mix up the cure.

And so I did. And I slept like a newborn last night.

BIGwooly

~ 31st of First Seed, 4E 228 ~

I've done it! I studied the book on the dwemer and studied the arrows I found ... and after melting down the dwarven scraps of metal I brought back, I was able to create some ignots of the strange metal. From there a bit of hammering and shaping and some wood and feather and I finally have my own hand-crafted dwarven arrows.

They look very nice, and very deadly. I really can't wait to try them out. However, I only brought back two small bits of metal, so I don't want to use the dwarven arrows unless I really need to. For hunting I plan to stick with my iron arrows, as they do a fine job. Speaking of which, I need to make more of them.

I also made an advancement in my armor the other day. My previous armor was fine, but this new build is superior to it. It will offer me a bit more protection when I'm out in the wilds.

W'rkncacnter

Mister Freeze
Out of curiosity, what level is the young hero at?

BIGwooly

He just hit level 20 very recently.

--Main Skills--
archery - 66
alchemy - 62
sneak - 54
light armor - 27

Everything else pretty much at starting levels. Health is 140 and stamina is 220. Carrying ability is at 36.

Any other questions just let me know.

BIGwooly

~ 4th of Rain's Hand, 4E 228 ~

I've set up camp for the night within sight of Whiterun. Funny, I'm sure most travelers to the city would choose to stay in the city itself. But cities make me uncomfortable. I've only been inside Whiterun once before, as a little boy. And other than that only Falkreath a dozen times or so. My father and mother were adamant about living off the land and keeping to ourselves. I've often wondered about their need for privacy. Perhaps for my father it has to do with the events he wrote about in this book, and the role he played.

Regardless, I'd prefer not to sleep within the city. I'll go in the morning and then head back to our home as soon as I can. I've already killed a deer and two wolves on my way here and I won't be able to carry anything more back with me. But I'll have to remember to come out this way again. The amount of game roaming the plains is incredible. Most of the good areas around our cabin a slim for hunting anymore.

My visit should be short enough. I just want to stop in and see the smith about this sword that Meridia bestowed upon me. It clearly has some powerful enchantment associated with it ... and given my abilities with a sword, it clearly should be in someone else's hands. Who ... I don't know. But maybe if I learn a bit more about the sword I'll know what to do with it.

BIGwooly

~ 5th of Rain's Hand, 4E 228 ~

As it happens, I didn't have to enter the city this morning. As I approached the gates I noticed a collection of tents out front and realized it was a khajiit caravan. I figured it couldn't hurt to talk to them about the sword and see what they knew. After all, they travel across many lands and surely see many more items than a smith in a city.

The khajiit was very interested in the sword when I showed him. I could see by the gleam in his eyes that he knew right away it was a very special weapon. And if he's telling me the truth, and I believe he is, the blade is enchanted specifically to deal with the undead. It burns them with every slice and every stab, and in some cases when it is used to kill a foul undead there will be a great fiery explosion which will set nearby undead alight with flame. It truly sounds like an amazing weapon to wield. But again, swords are not my thing.

The khajiit's keen eye also caught sight of my bow, and while not enchanted with special magic many hundreds and hundreds of years old, he took note of the quality of my build. Ever the salesman, the sly cat produced a ring said to carry an enchantment to improve the wearer's skill with a bow. Immediately I was interested, and the more I looked at the ring the more I wanted it. The khajiit took note of this as well, and offered it to me for the reasonable price of fifteen hundred coins.

Now, had I not been drooling over it like a freshly seared piece of venison he might have made a lower offer. But he knew. He knew I had to have it.

The trouble is I had no coins in my possession. I never do. Even then, I only had about seven hundred or so coins in my father's chest. Even if I ran back for that I still wouldn't have enough. But again, being an expert salesman, the khajiit admired the pendant on my neck and suggested it could be part of the deal. I was still short, even with the pendant, but the khajiit was undeterred. He asked to see what else I had, which was nothing really. I'm not one to own anything of value.

He looked at my deer hide and wolf pelts with virtually no interest, but then saw my satchel of potions. I only had a few on me, but my poison for slowing an enemy while causing injury definitely caught his eye. He asked if I had more and I assured him I did, and many other types of potions as well. He then suggested I return with a good number and variety of potions, and my gold, so that we could make a deal. I could barely contain my excitement, and I'm certain it was written all over my face like a book with large type.

I left for our home at once, hoping that by the time I returned the price wouldn't have gone up. I certainly have no skill in bartering.

On the way back I spotted a menacing-looking fellow near the road. I was traveling off the road a ways, and decided to give him a wider berth just in case. But it was too late. The man began to chase me, so I sprinted away. I managed to lose my pursuer ... made it home and locked up the sword ... then headed back out after gathering up a dozen or so of my best potions.

It was about halfway back to Whiterun that I encounter my pursuer from earlier in the morning. I was fairly surprised to see him actually. I'm sure was waiting for me, but I'm sure he was happy to see me make a second appearance. He activated some sort of magic that looked like a bluish shield, and then proceeded to fire bolts of lightning at me as I ran away. He also had a blade of some kind in his other hand.

I was able to escape, but it cost me both a potion for my health and one for my stamina. I'm a bit nervous about returning home.

But to the pressing matter at hand. I've arrived back at the gates of Whiterun, but the khajiit are gone. I know they aren't exactly welcome in Skyrim, but there's no need for the guards to run them off. No doubt the owners of the shops in the city aren't happy to hear the khajiit are outside making deals and taking away their business.

Unfortunately it means I've ran around and wasted an entire day .. not to mention risked my life twice .. for a ring that is no longer mine to purchase. I'm frustrated and tired and I swear to the divines if I see this lightning-wielding, dagger-wielding madman on the road again I'm going to make sure he suffers a painful death!

BIGwooly

~ 5th of Rain's Hand, 4E 228 ~

By the divines ... I was on my way back to our home and not too far out of Whiterun I ran into the khajiit caravan! At first, from a distance I thought they were a patrol of soldiers. But as I got closer I saw their tails dancing with every step and I quickened my own steps to catch up with them.

I left the khajiit with my back lighter and my finger heavier. And shortly after I ran into the madman again. With my new enchanted ring and a half dozen poisoned arrows, the madman never touched his blade to my armor.

It's amazing how a day can start out so poorly and yet sometimes end so perfectly.

BIGwooly

~ 7th of Rain's Hand, 4E 228 ~

Yet another rainy day. It's that time of the year. I think it's rained for three days straight. I didn't make for a fun walk back from Whiterun the other day, and didn't make for an enjoyable walk to Falkreath and back today.

I spent yesterday repairing some armor and thinking about this sword. It shouldn't be in my possession. It's a powerful weapon from a daedric prince, and I'm a simple hunter. This blade should be in someone else's hands ... someone more capable.

So I decided to hike down to Falkreath and see the jarl there. I was hoping that perhaps the jarl, given his wisdom, would know what to do with the sword.

But it was strange to find out that the jarl of Falkreath was barely older than myself. I have to say I wasn't at all impressed with him either. He struck me as a lazy, spoiled brat. He wouldn't even offer his advice unless I traveled to the city of Riften and brought him back some of their special mead. What a disappointment he was.

However, on the way out of town the city guard at the gate pulled me aside and had a word with me. He told me that the Dawnguard was assembling again, to deal with a growing vampire menace. He suggested the sword I carried might serve the Dawnguard well, considering it's specific enchantments.

The only issue is that I'd have to travel to an old fort in the mountains beyond Riften. Riften is quite a long ways away from what I know. I've never ventured that far from our home, not even with my father. And the fort is past Riften. It's even farther away.

It definitely sounds like the sword could be of some use to the Dawnguard. And it's of no use to me. Still, the fort is so far away. I would need to really prepare myself for a journey like that.

I think I need to sleep on this.

BIGwooly

~ 8th of Rain's Hand, 4E 228 ~

So much for sleeping on it. I couldn't sleep at all last night. My thoughts were caught up with what to do with this sword. But with the dawn's light came my answer. I should deliver the sword to the Dawnguard. Choosing to keep it locked up in my father's chest would be a selfish thing to do.

But Riften and this fort are so far from our home. I'm going to need to really work on my archery skills before I leave, and also on my potion-making and armor crafting. Essentially, I need to be prepared for anything.

So my preparations start today. When I was a young boy my father took me up into the mountains above Falkreath to a cabin above the treeline. He took me there to see a woman named Angi, an expert with a bow who lives alone on the snow-swept slopes. She gave me my initial training with a bow, and I always promised I would come back and finish it.

Today I keep that promise.

BIGwooly

~ 8th of Rain's Hand, 4E 228 ~

It's been years since my father took me to see Angi. So it's no surprise I got myself lost today. I think I'm headed in the right direction now, but evening has come. No point wandering around in the dark getting myself more lost.

I spotted an old structure as the light was fading, and decided to check it out. It was small tower, in pretty bad disrepair. It was obvious no one had been using it for at least a hundred years. Well, apparently not no one. As I approached I heard the sound of swarming bees, and it took me a second to realize I was about to be face to face with a spriggan.

With fleeting steps I scampered off into the trees, content to find another place to lay my head. But then I remembered my task at hand. I needed to improve my bowmanship, and this spriggan was as good a target as any. The road was nearby, and some other unlucky traveler was likely to fall prey to the spriggan if I left it behind. So with these reasons in mind, I turned to confront the creature.

It took five arrows to bring it to the ground, but then it used healing magic on itself, and rose to face me again. Another several arrows brought it back to the ground once more, and this time I finished it off with a final shot.

I didn't feel good about killing the creature, but I did feel good about how my archery has improved since the last time I was up this way. A few years ago ... even a few months ago ... this spriggan would have certainly killed me.

But not today. Today the tower is mine, and I can rest my head in peace for the night.

BIGwooly

~ 13th of Rain's Hand, 4E 228 ~

Angi remembered me, I couldn't believe it. I guess she doesn't get many visitors where she's at, so it's easier to remember those that do come by. She was happy to see me and help me complete my training.

It took three days, from sun up until sun down, for her to teach me everything she could. She is a master with a bow, and I consider myself lucky to have trained with her. She tried to give me her family's bow, but I left it in her cabin when I departed this morning. She wanted me to have it but I didn't feel right taking it. It was her family's and it should stay with her.

After three intensive days of training my archery skills with Angi, I spent the fourth full day training on my own. I used the targets she had set up, as well as a number of trees in the nearby forest. I really wanted to get a grasp on my range and especially my accuracy from range. I also wanted to test out hitting targets from uphill and downhill. I think many of my misses over the years have come from not properly judging the rise or fall of an arrow when the target is above or below me.

I feel like I have a much better understanding of all of this now, and I can't wait to put myself to the test for real.

BIGwooly

~ 13th of Rain's Hand, 4E 228 ~

My newly-honed skills were put to the test more quickly than I'd bargained for.

On the way back down the mountain there is a wooden bridge that spans the road, built and maintained by some local criminals. My guess is that they coerce a fee from anyone that wishes to travel up and down the road. I've only been in this area a few times in my life, and I've always taken care to avoid the bridge.

Not today.

Today I snuck down through the rocks, taking care to place each step as quietly as possible. It was nearly midday, and the weather had broken. There were no clouds or rain to help conceal my approach. But it didn't matter. As I got closer I spotted two of the thieves, and both had their bows drawn. Their attention was drawn elsewhere, however, and not to me. The circumstances were perfect.

I drew my bow and carefully lined up a shot. I tried to remember what I had learned over the past several days. Still, despite this, my first shot was high. Fortunately the thieves didn't even notice. They were now firing arrows of their own down at something unseen on the road below. So I lined up another attempt.

This one was dead on, and I quickly set another arrow and let it go before my target could recover. The second arrow caused him to fall to a knee, so I adjusted my aim and let another arrow fly. This one, I believe, struck a wood railing ... which saved the thug's life.

I tried to ready another arrow but the thug recovered and changed positions, moving from a tower to the span of the bridge. He was next to his comrade now, and no doubt they were trying to figure out where the arrows were coming from. My next shot was high again, but I calmly prepared another arrow. I was positioned above them, and probably some sixty or seventy paces away. These weren't easy shots, but I was relishing in that fact.

Finally, after a few misses, I struck the thief again. This time the arrow finished him, and sent him tumbling to the road below. His comrade was still confused as to where the arrows were coming from, so I set to finishing him off next. My first arrow struck him hard in the leg, and the second was dead center in his back. He was still alive but the force of the arrow caused him to stumble from the bridge and join his friend on the road below.

Unsure of whether or not he was dead, I closed on the bridge with confident caution. Sure enough, I discovered two lifeless bodies on the road below. Whatever they had been firing their own arrows at was long gone.

I collected my arrows from their corpses and also took the arrows that they were using ... a mixture of iron and steel and dwarven. I had to leave some of the iron arrows behind for the lack of room in my quivers.

The thieves each have a small amount of gold on them. One of them has a valuable gem of some kind. A red stone. I'm currently debating if I should take these items or not. They aren't mine, of course, but they aren't the theives' either. It's unlikely the original owners will ever come back for them. Assuming they are even alive.

What would my father do?

BIGwooly

~ 14th of Rain's Hand, 4E 228 ~

I left the gold and the gem. Not because I felt I shouldn't take them, in the end. I just have no use for such things. I did, however, take the iron ignot I found on one of the thieves. I have use for that.

Today I headed up into the mountains to cut some wood for arrows. I'm not running low, considering I have nearly a hundred dwarven arrows now in addition to some steel and orcish arrows. But I'd like to make some iron arrows for practicing with around our cabin.

On my way up the western mountain I was attacked by two wolves, whom I dealt with very quickly. But as I continued walking I heard a strange noise, and slowed my pace. It turned out to be a horse, and I could see a body on the ground next to it. I slowed my pace more and took my bow from my back again.

I found a total of three bodies. But weapons and shields on the ground that seemed to indicate there were more parties involved in the skirmish. As far as I can tell the horse belonged to a man who seems to be a cook of some kind. I found a special fork in his pocket and a book on cooking in his satchel, as well as some interesting ingredients. The man next to the horse appears to be a bandit, given his armor and his overall appearance. I think the horse may have actually killed him after he killed the horse's owner. The thought makes me smile.

Lastly, there is a dead woman in the bushes nearby. She is dressed in ragged clothes and has nothing of value on her. How she is involved I have no idea. Perhaps the bandit had killed her earlier and pulled her body from the trail to conceal it from his next victim.

Regardless of what happened, the horse now has no owner. It seems friendly enough, and I wouldn't mind having a companion perhaps. My father had a few horses in his time, as I've read in this book. The only problem is I've no idea how to ride a horse. Maybe I could just walk with the horse.

She needs a name, if nothing else.

BIGwooly

~ 17th of Rain's Hand, 4E 228 ~

I've named the horse Anora, after my mother. She is gentle and sweet. The sound of her pawing at the grass as she eats is comforting for me.

After three days with her I've gotten much more comfortable riding her, and she seems more relaxed with me as well. Yesterday I even attempted to fire some arrows while atop her. I kept her stationary, and only hit two trees out of the ten I targeted at our cabin. I'm going to need more arrows so I can practice. I may need to be able to fire while she's moving as well.

It's nice that she already had a saddle, which I've been able to rig with leather satchels I made. She can carry about thirty pounds for me if I need her too.

Given the journey I'm preparing to take, this is a blessing from the divines.

BIGwooly

AUTHOR'S NOTE

I've changed the carry weight for a horse from 10% of the character's ability to a flat 30 pounds for simplicity's sake.

Also, the extra items must be dropped next to the horse whenever it has been dismounted.

edit - I wanted to add that finding the horse was specifically the result of going out to chop wood for arrows. To be honest I really didn't feel like walking up a mountain to a random tree to chop at it with the axe and 'gather wood'. I felt like breaking my own rule and just chopping the wood at the block and letting time pass, because nothing has ever happened while out chopping wood really. But I stuck with my rules and what do you know, I now have a horse. So random, yet so awesome ... and it only happened because I stuck to my rule. Love this game, lol.

BIGwooly

~ 22nd of Rain's Hand, 4E 228 ~

I arrived home too late last night to write anything. According to the stars it was around midnight. I was tired and just didn't have the energy to put my thoughts to paper.

But today I'm feeling a bit refreshed. I took several days to make arrows and experiment with leather. And yesterday I went on a day trip with Anora. I trekked up into the snowy slopes that face the plains. I wanted to try my hand again at using my bow while on Anora, and the snow would make it easier to find and recover my arrows that missed.

The results were ... promising but disappointing. It's clear that it would take an incredible amount of practice and skill to be even the least bit accurate while riding. I don't know that I would ever be able to achieve the level of proficiency I'd like. However, while stationary my accuracy was much improved. Although I would still say it's fairly terrible. I say this because it's one thing to take three shots to hit a tree from thirty paces. It's another thing to try and hit a moving target.

I think today I will prepare the hides and pelts I collected yesterday evening, and then if there is any time left I'll head out to gather ingredients. I can't neglect my potion making for the sake of my bowmanship.

BIGwooly

Doesn't the horse wander off? Every time I find a horse like that it follows it's own path when I dismount.

Yes, exactly. I meant to include this in the AUTHOR'S NOTE but forgot to ...

I let the horse wander off and then fast-traveled to Whiterun and sold a bunch of potions and bought a horse and fast-traveled back to the cabin. This way I could role-play that I had trained the horse over the course of several days, because you're right, there's no way to make a found horse stay with you.

BIGwooly

~ 25th of Rain's Hand, 4E 228 ~

I just returned from a successful three day trip with Anora. She performed very well. She's a very good companion, and strangely obedient. I can leave her tied to a tree anywhere and she just waits patiently.

I returned with a number of hides and pelts, as well as some wood and iron ore for arrows. I also found a new type of ore. I'm not quite sure what it is. I will have to experiment with it a bit.

While setting up camp one night in the plains I caught the sound of fabric in the wind. I drew my bow and crept around the rocks, and saw a banner flapping in the breeze. I crept forward more and spotted a woman with an iron helmet and a large axe. Before I could back away and relocate my campsite, she heard me, and came to investigate the noise.

I let an arrow fly, but it managed to strike a pole that was in between us. Now she was on full alert, and I stood and began to backpedal, letting arrows fly as I did.

She didn't reach me ... the flurry of arrows made sure of that.

I moved my camp and decided not to investigate the area any further. Still, I was happy with how quickly I handled the situation. There are some bandits that live in a fort near our home. Maybe one day I should pay them a visit with my bow.

BIGwooly

~ 27th of Rain's Hand, 4E 228 ~

I have a new book and I'm so excited to crack it open. Well, I have two new books, but more on that in a minute.

Yesterday I was experimenting with the new ore I'd found and I discovered that it could be mixed with iron ore to make steel ignots. Of course, I immediately set to work on crafting several quivers of brand new steel arrows. In theory they should be somewhat better than my iron arrows.

This inspired me to test them out, and what better way than on the outlaws in the fort near our home. Originally it was a peaceful mining community, but a few months after my father left the outlaws attacked it. I remember seeing the women and children fleeing from the hilltop. I remember hearing the screams echo off the mountaintops. I remember my mother gripping my arm tightly and saying there was nothing we could do.

And she was right. There was nothing we could have done at that point. Her and I were no match for a band of vicious killers.

But that was then. And this was now.

I left my horse at our home and traveled over the valley by foot. There was no reason to bring Anora along. I wanted to travel quietly and lightly. I wanted to maximize the element of surprise.

The first thing I did was climb to a vantage point I knew of. Many times I had come to this point to chop wood for arrows, mindful of how close I was to the camp. I almost always had taken a look over the edge of the rocks, to see what I could see.

Today was different. Today I was looking for targets. And I found my first standing at the top of a lookout tower. It was obvious by his bored stance that he felt secure in the tower behind the walls. An arrow to his leg changed that.

He had a bow as well, and spotted me in the rocks. It was broad daylight after all. I hadn't felt comfortable attempting this at night.

An arrow sailed past my head, narrowly missing it. The next struck my armor. It was a solid shot, and I felt a dull pain from the arrow that let me know it hadn't pierced the hide.

We traded arrows like this for a time, him managing to hit me with one more before I finished him. He didn't call for help once. I can only assume he was unimpressed by my age and stature, and his lack of respect for my bow cost him dearly.

I circled the rocks to gain a viewpoint on the other tower. This one guards the road leading up to the camp. It took only two arrows this time, and the guard never saw me.

There was no other access to the camp that I could see .. not without entering it. I wasn't about to do that. I had no idea what their numbers were, and my small successes hadn't gone to my head just yet.

There was a very high cliff behind the camp that provided it with a perfect security wall. Or did it? I began to search for a way to climb the wall, and after an hour or two of perseverance I found a way.

I wasn't the first.

At the very top I found the bones of a very old skeleton, along with a knapsack. The skeleton had a worn longbow next to it. The clothes were long since rotted, so I have no idea if the body belonged to a hunter or an adventurer or a bandit or someone else. They did have a copy of "The Wolf Queen, Volume Three" in their pack. It was still in decent condition so I took it with me. I left a gold necklace and the bow behind.

From the top of the cliff I could see two more outlaws. One was in an open-sided building working on armor or something. The other was sitting on a bench near a fire, just relaxing from what I could tell. He was my first target.

It took three arrows to bring him down, but another three were lost in the process as I figured out my aim. I was firing the arrows almost nearly straight down, and this was a first for me.

The second man I dropped with the very first arrow, which brought a huge smile to my face. Only using one arrow was very satisfying, but more impressive was the distance. I couldn't pace it because I was on a cliff, but if I had to guess I would say it was close to a hundred and fifty paces, if not more. By far this was the longest shot I've ever taken, and the longest I've ever managed.

After doing my best to scout the camp from the cliffs, I climbed down quietly and entered from the cliff side. If nothing else, no one who was left would expect an entry from that side.

With my bow out and an arrow set I stepped softly through the camp. I checked each of the tents, but they were empty. So I headed up the first tower to recover my arrows from the body and the wooden post wall.

On my way back down, I wasn't being as stealthy and from out of nowhere an outlaw appeared with a weapon drawn. I couldn't even tell you what he had. I just stumbled backwards and fumbled with my bow. Incredibly, with my previous shot being well over a hundred paces, I now managed to miss with a shot from less than ten.

I paid the price. The outlaw's weapon crashed into my armor. I stumbled up the ramp to the tower, finally getting an arrow set and releasing it. Two more arrows followed, in quick succession. I was just trying to create some space between me and my attacker. But he managed to strike me again. This time it hurt much worse. He had pierced my armor for sure.

I kept backpedaling up the ramp, firing arrow after arrow. I lost track but I think it took six arrows to bring him down. I wasn't so proud of my marksmanship this time around, but I was still alive at least.

With my composure recovered I scouted the rest of the camp, and found the other book near some archery targets. It's a book on archery called "Vernaccus and Buorlor", and I'm going to read it right now by the light of my campfire.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts