PC No sound device detected. Skyrim Cannot Run.

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Lord Rokinges

Official Fanfiction Judge
Please help,

I recently bought the game a few days ago, and was played it without sound when it just stopped working. I can't press "Install". I know I have no Audio Output Device Installed, and that cannot be fixed unless I buy a new OS, which I do not want to (yes, I have taken it to experts and all). Please help, I do not want Skyrim to be a waste.
Can I use some sort of virtual sound card to play atleast, even if w/out sound? If so, give me a link and a tutorial on how to let myself play the game.
Is there a way I could play without sound?

Thanks,​
Dreadlord Rokinges
Lord of the Dungeoneers

The Phoenician

Shiney, let's be bad guys.
I had the same problem on a differnt game I just had to plug my headphones back in.

Kyzie

Keeper of the peace
Well first off let me welcome you to the Forums Lord Rokinges.
I haven't seen this problem before, perhaps one of our other members can help you.

Sean

lost somewhere
Interesting problem, might I ask why you can't / don't have a sound card in your computer?

Is it a desktop or a laptop?

Anyways, I did find this from a google search, let me know if that works.

The Wanderer

Young Heritic
Sometimes you need to update your sound driver, and make sure you have the right device selected.

Lord Rokinges

I learned that I could not have any sound because something in my operating system was not functionable. I even got a brand new sound card, yet no fix.
My computer is a 64 bit laptop.
I have tried headphones, earplugs, and speakers.

tx12001

I will not tolerate failure...
Alright lets see here go into your control panel and into the sound options and make sure your sound it set correctly and just to make sure you do have the speakers plugged into the right socket? (No Speakers = No Sound) if i unplug them from my PC it takes me hours to figure out which socket they are supposed to go in another suggestion is to check Skyrim's in game sound settings you did not accidentally turn the master volume down on it or the PC did you? either that or the speakers are tunred all the way down or the sound card was never inserted correctly.

Lord Rokinges

The problem is I cannot even install the game (press the Install button). My speaker I have checked many times, and even bought new ones in the past. This problem has been here for a year now, and I didn't think it would affect Skyrim.
Once upon a time, the sound would work. Then it stopped, and now says No Audio Output Device is installed. This problem is frequent among the internet, but I still cannot fix it even after going to manufacturers and sole experts.

Lord Rokinges

I don't know. It just doesn't let me install if I can't have sound. Quite stupid, if I may say. Bethesoft should really change that.

Lord Rokinges

I'm hoping there is a way where I could mount my sound onto a virtual sound drive so the game thinks I have sound, but I don't. That'd save some time.
I don't need the sound, that's not a priority. I just want to play the game.

Sean

lost somewhere
Did you try that thing that I linked to in my above post?

Lord Rokinges

Again, where is the download button? Searching the webs for it, can't find. Also, do I have to download the voice changer as well?

Sean

lost somewhere
It's on the third post of where I linked.

Leads to here, and just follow the instructions on the google page.

Lord Rokinges

wait a sec.
It's downloading, but this is the voice changer, not the Virtual Audio Driver. Is it the same thing?

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts