• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Tardis 42

I am not asking for a no blood mod. I am 13 and my parents won't let me play sky rim because of some of the environments. Can anyone edit the textures so the bloody skeletons and stuff are more suitable. I live in the UK so the rating is 15 and only advisory. Please no-one saying they wouldn't get it. Thanks if you can help.

VictoireXII

Crazed Skyrim Photographer
The only gore in this game is the blood when you attack enemies, and the decapitation, which is optional as you have to learn a skill before you can do it, apart from that the gore is only blood. Same for the enemies. No internal organs or anything of that sort.

Tardis 42

There are skeletons with bloody flesh on them, zombies, limbs and pools of blood in Hjerim and lots of stuff in dungeons.

Skullrattla

Button Pusher
To be honest with you there is stuff much worse than blood and gore in this game. Sorry.

If I was looking after a 13 year old who really wanted to play this game I would really have to have a serious think about it and talk with them quite a lot before and during the game.

On second thoughts, I wouldn’t want them to be playing video games at all, as most of them seem to be about training people to be psychopaths.

Ironclad

Some of the dungeons are quite intense, to be honest. Creepy & make me jump.

But the 'gore' really is minimal, there are MUCH worse games than this. The 15 certificate is surely down to the adult themes in the game: drugs (minimal, but..), drinking alcohol, marriage, assassinations, slo-mo throat-cutting.. etc etc

It's a shame for you, but this game is going nowhere buddy. It will be there next year when your parents have a rethink.

Skullrattla

Button Pusher
If the parents are concerned with the appearance of blood, I'm afraid they are rather clueless, actually.

If the parents are concerned with the appearance of blood, I'm afraid they are rather clueless, actually.
I agree. Blood is completely natural. (same goes for organs, but you usually don't see those in a sword fight.)

Wait, I think I just got trolled.

Tardis 42

I said not no blood, my parents don't care about blood but there are lots of horrible dungeons to go through with gory environments. If you are going to insult my parents look at what I have said first. Also, to get Hjerim you have to do a horrible quest, is there any way of removing quests?

Necromis

He is talking about the body parts lying all around, like the heads and chests you find in forsworn caves/camps and some of the other dungeons and houses have that. Alas i don't think there is anything that can be done for your situation at the moment. You will just have to do with out or maybe make a request to someone about this and they will help you out personally.

Though I do have to agree there are some other gray areas within the game that I would be more concerned with regarding someone 13 than just the body parts and disected animals. Some things are rather subjective in their thoughts about loyalty betrayl and all around very unmoralistic in nature.

I said not no blood, my parents don't care about blood but there are lots of horrible dungeons to go through with gory environments. If you are going to insult my parents look at what I have said first. Also, to get Hjerim you have to do a horrible quest, is there any way of removing quests?

No, but you can just not do them.

ShenziSixaxis

Article Writer
To get rid of as much gore as you're suggesting would require quite a lot of work. Now, if I had Skyrim on PC, I would take some time to see if I could do anything about this for you, but I can't. :/

Is it really the gore your parents are worried about? It's mostly just blood on the sword and sometimes ground.

monjay007

They need more gore. They tried so hard not be like fallout,that they left out all the good stuff.Why call it limbsplitter perk if that's not what it does that's what blades do they cut you should be able to leave people wounded instead of just killing them.They spent to much time on the dragons not enough on the games simple things,like fighting on horses or followers able to ride horses. They made fallout they should know if you kill someone with flames they should turn to ashes the new magic kill cams should have showed this if the game says gore then do it right. It a great game but the simple thing that should of been in there. I hated that video they put out when the team had like 10 days to mess around some of that stuff should have already been in the game like the werewolf skill tree and vampire.The werewolf cool you just die to fast one arrow and the vampire sucks makes it a burden to be one you always got to suck blood or you'll get attacked on site.Why couldn't you have powers like Legacy of Kain.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts