• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Vimalamitra

Professional complainer
Without reading all the posts, it has been confirmed that you can block when using a 2 handed weapons.

Could you please include the source as well? I'd like to learn the whole thing, and where it was confirmed. Not to doubt, just out of curiosity.

Vocc

Vocc
I haven't read all the posts so some one may of already brought this up, but I'm presuming you can't block when wielding say, two daggers. Can anyone add anything to this? Anyone know if this is the case?

Travis

Without reading all the posts, it has been confirmed that you can block when using a 2 handed weapons.
You gotta a link to that? If that is true, which I'm sure it is if you are reporting it, that is really good news. I wonder why they started out saying it wouldn't work.

Flamingtaco

Thank god for the mods. Perhaps it can simulate a shield or something? I'm sure a mod like this will be created in the future.
You can bet with anything as frustrating as that there will be mods to remedy the situation. There better be some good dodging feature if this is true.

That's true for 2 handed weapons, what we were discussing is dual wielding' holding one 1 handed weapon in each hand.

Tusck

I don't have a link, but you can read about it all over the official boards by people who have played the game. Some of the block skills say specifically used with a shield, some of them don't. Those are the one's you can be used with 2handed weapons.

Flamingtaco

I don't have a link, but you can read about it all over the official boards by people who have played the game. Some of the block skills say specifically used with a shield, some of them don't. Those are the one's you can be used with 2handed weapons.
Well it was actually on the official board where I first heard dual wielding had no blocking.

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
Just looking at the control scheme for console controllers, I don't see any extra buttons available for blocking =/ It's just 'use left hand' and 'use right hand'. If a weapon occupies both hands, it would be easier to implement block but not when your hands are holding separate weapons. It's a shame, really.

Flamingtaco

Luckily on the pc version you have an entire keyboard full of buttons which can be mapped out however you like.Honestly, this isnt a big issue. We should be glad to have dual wielding at all and this ust means youll have to alter play style a bit as you probably would anyway

Cyberote

Mayor of Zufadt
I sense much confusion... including in me.

Single one-handed weapon (dagger, short sword, long sword, axe): Blocking
Single one handed weapon with a shield in other hand: Blocking
Single two-handed weapon (claymore, battle axe): Blocking
Two one-handed weapons: No Blocking
Two two-handed weapons: Impossible lol

Vimalamitra

Professional complainer
Just looking at the control scheme for console controllers, I don't see any extra buttons available for blocking =/ It's just 'use left hand' and 'use right hand'. If a weapon occupies both hands, it would be easier to implement block but not when your hands are holding separate weapons. It's a shame, really.

I agree. Devs should have taken this idea much further, but I guess they got scared that it would become "too difficult" for gamers to comprehend. Imagine how cool it would be desperately trying to defend yourself torch in hand against three-metre-tall brute. Only to notice torch shattering to pieces when he hits it with two-handed sword. Or wielding two shields, and running through attack lines to escape road muggers.

Ricky

Not a Lawyer
I'm sure that's fair because dual wielding is amazing regardless and pretty deadly especially equipped right. Using two daggers should just increase ones dodging ability and learn to strike deadly without getting hit directly with these two. I'm an assassin so I'm not worried about getting hit ;)

Travis

Yeah. That particular bit of news was very disappointing to me. But the single weapon blocking seems a lot more fundamental, and much less of a "break the game" mechanic than spell creation.

Flamingtaco

I agree. Devs should have taken this idea much further, but I guess they got scared that it would become "too difficult" for gamers to comprehend. Imagine how cool it would be desperately trying to defend yourself torch in hand against three-metre-tall brute. Only to notice torch shattering to pieces when he hits it with two-handed sword. Or wielding two shields, and running through attack lines to escape road muggers.
Theres a mod for that! Maybe, hopefully, eventually, anyway. From the leaked manual I read that shield will always be left hand and that to do a bash you hold left hand button and then press right hand button.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts