1. Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
    Dismiss Notice

Nightingale Builds

Discussion in 'Skyrim Guides and Tutorials' started by Fevershaking, May 29, 2013.

1. AS88

AS88 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

Try this;

Major Skills - Sneak, Archery, Illusion
    Minor Skills - Light Armour, Conjuration, One Handed

Fire off some Illusions from the shadows (with Quiet Casting), then as your opponents are fighting each other, conjure either an Atronach and/or Sword/Bow or any combination, and let loose :)

EDIT: You could even throw a few Calm spells in there if you don't fancy having everyone tear themselves apart (good for RP)

• Like Like x 1
  2. Joker

Joker Cook, Wine Taster, Scotch Taster, Adventure Seeker

That is the plan my friend, that is the plan.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Joker

Of course, there will be a point in smithing too.....just one.

4. Joker

Nightingale Shadowsword
    Primary Skills:Archery, Conjuration, 1H, Illusion
    Secondary: Light Armor, Sneak
    Spells:Calm, Fury, Bound Sword, Bound Bow

I started as an Altmer, for the extra Magicka. Archery, 1H & sneak will clmb as I go cave diving. Illusion will be Muffle, Calm, Fury & eventually Quiet Casting
    Conjuration will be for Bound Bow & Sword
    Sneak to get Deadly Aim

• Like Like x 1
  5. wrighty

wrighty Thalmor 3rd Emissary

True Nightingale
    Primary Skills: Sneak, Archery, One Handed, Illusion.
    Secondary Skills: Light Armour, Pickpocket, lockpicking.
    Race: Any, starting bonuses aside no race really benefits a thief, Khajiit are probably the best as night eye is useful but if you are going to become a vampire you get night eye anyway.
    Details: This is a true nightingale, which is a thief, they use sneak to remain unseen, archery to distract guards, 1 handed if they are discovered and illusion for muffle and invisibility.
    Light armour for speed and stealth, and pickpocket and lockpicking to help them earn some coin.
    It's important to remember that a nightingale is not an assassin, which is why i haven't mentioned poison. your main focus is stealing not fighting, fighting is a last resort, it's always better to run from the guards with a 40 bounty than kill 1 and have to pay 1000.

6. Joker

Interesting take on the Nightingale wrighty. I think that the starting spell Fury and the additional 50 points in magicka as an Altmer are a real bonus when playing a Nightingale. While everything else takes levels to improve, you have 5 in magicka that you don't have to invest in at the start. I also play as more of an assassin/thief when I go this route, just because it fits in my opinion.

Although, I like your idea of lockpicking & pickpocket as skills. I think I will incorporate them next time, and leave conjuration out. Thanks for the great idea! :beermug:

7. Dravos Brayvern

Dravos Brayvern New Member

I love the Nightingale Sniper! I recently made a Bosmer and that build describes him perfectly! Except my Alchemy isn't that great but that's just a matter of grinding haha