• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Skarv

OK, so I have a level 9 Khajiit Assassin. I used to hate Assassins, until I saw the Skyrim mechanics. I fell in love with them. Then I saw my friend playing this Dark Elf "NightBlade" and he was Invisible most of the time. I wanted to be invisible, but I already have this Assassin far and don't want to delete him. I just want to know, what is the difference between a Nightblade and an Assassin? Excluding the Invisibility of course, are they so unrelated that I can't train my Khajiit to get the Invisibility spell? What do I miss out on not being a NightBlade and should I change my class if I want to be a Nightblade or do I just keep my Khajiit? Sorry for the questions but I am new to this game, was used to playing other games where you can only be 5 classes >.>

Thanks!

boccy7

I`m new to the game too but I`m not sure about nightblades. When I play a sneak character I usually use invisibility in it.

A nightblade is an assassin but illusion instead of archery a good way to powerlevel illusion is to cast muffle over& over again

Stereofanic

Hero of the defenceless, Champion of mankind
Nightblade's are much more advanced. daggers and illusion combined with light armour or heavily enchanted clothes for maximum movement speed make them very lethal. If you played Morrowind and Oblivion fully you will probably be a good nightblade provided you were stealthy in the previous 2. Nightblade's crumble against warriors if they are seen too soon so it can often be stressful when a dragon randomly appears and you can't sneak attack it. It's a high risk high reward system though if you only wan't the invisible spell lvl 9 Is real early on so practice illusion and buy the spell.

xaraan

You can go through the thieves guild quest until you get to the end of the nightingale line and choose "shadowcloak of nocturnal" as your power at the end when you have to choose a power. Personally I like it better than invisiblity - you activate it and it lasts for 120 seconds and everytime you crouch you become invisible. So if you do something to end the spell, you just re-crouch to reactivate it. Handy.

Nameless1

Classes are really kind of a cuss word in Skyrim, IMO. What Skyrim aims to do is give you the choice to become completely unique. (Tries*)

So if you are playing an assassin build you can go and train in some nightblade aspects without really affecting your progress. Like someone said, you can just take a little time to train in Illusion for a few levels because level 9 is still quite young in the grand scheme of it all. You will probably end up with an assassin/nightblade hybrid, and that would surely be something to fear.

Chokain

Invis is great, but imo the bread and butter of a nightblade are your calm and frenzy spells. So much fun to just calm a group of enemies then systematicaly slit each of their throats. And let's not forget the battle royal that is frenzy, let them kill eachother and just assasinate the last man standing.

Golgo_SPB

if you're level 9 you can easily raise your illusion, you got many levels ahead of you. Silent Casting, Calm, Fury, Invisibility, and Muffle help greatly when sneaking. You can easily raise your sneak by calming bandits then back stabbing, calm, back stab, calm, back stab, on and on.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts