1. Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
    Dismiss Notice

[NEWS] TESO to be Subscription based

Discussion in 'TESO Discussion' started by Sean, Aug 21, 2013.

?

Will you still buy TESO?

1. Yes

30.4%
  2. No

37.0%
  3. Haven't decided

28.3%
  4. Wasn't going to get it to begin with

4.3%
  1. Nakatsu_Hime

Nakatsu_Hime Active Member

Does anyone know how TESO Inc will handle subscription breaks?

What I mean is...
    Say I bought TESO, and paid a couple of months, then - for some reason - decided to take a break and not pay for a couple of months...

Does my character, progress, etc get wiped when the payments stop, or is there a period of grace (say, 4 months) whereby all is preserved and ready for when I resume payments?

2. Anouck

Anouck Queen of Procrastination

I am very enthusiastic about TESO, and am sure the money will be put to good use. But I can't spend what I do not own to begin with. Whether it is worth the money or not, 12/13 euros a month is too much for my taste. I think Bethesda made a big mistake here. Lots of people are not going to buy the game because of this.

I hope the ridiculous high price is going to compensate for the money all the potential buyers are not longer planning to spend.

Why didn't they just put content behind a pay wall? That way I can decide for myself whether or not I want to spend/waste that much coin on new content.

3. Thelastskill3r

Thelastskill3r PSN: TheLastSkill3r

As soon as i heard about the subscription fee, i decided i wasnt buying this game.

4. Thelastskill3r

Thelastskill3r PSN: TheLastSkill3r

I dont think zenimax will allow subscription breaks >.>

5. Anouck

Anouck Queen of Procrastination

well, a subscription fee is not that bad. I would not have a problem with it if it was cheaper. But it's not. It is just too expensive.

6. Tris

Tris New Member

0h, I think I initially posted this to the wrong thread. Oops.

Well $15 a month is fine-less than a cup of coffee a day really and I'd be happy to pay it but I really resent being asked to pay $80-$100 on top for a game that is basically useless unless I maintain the $15 a month. It sucks. Why not call it what it is, a "membership fee" with monthly subscription. $40 dollars to "buy" the game in that case seems more reasonable. I don't believe that it should be free to play, the developers more than deserve to be paid and paid well for their work but it really stings being asked to pay that much for initial entry into a game. If it was a game that I could keep and play offline then fine at that asking price but at this point no, no matter how much I would love to.

7. SaveVsBedWet

SaveVsBedWet Well-Known Member

I can't say for sure but it appears that the account itself is separate from your subscription status. In other words the account (and character) still remain but the subscription is necessary to get past the character screen. I didn't sign up for a subscription until yesterday yet nothing happened to my character in the week or two that I went without a subscription. Of course I pre-ordered and had the 30 days in game free but that didn't allow me to play. I know it's not much to go on but that's all I've got.