• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, thanks for visiting our fan fiction section. You should only write stories that aren't related to your character's encounters, if you wish to write a story about your character please post an entry in your blog.

Before reading or writing a story, please make sure to read this thread. Thanks, Guest, and we hope you enjoy this section.

Ksncalver

Ok guys I am going to right a story on my character like a lot of people are/have done. I never really done a book, but love skyrim so using it as my base.

My character is a imperial and for a reason or two is on the run from the imperial city. My start is where my character wakes up in river wood. Confused and scared of the events that have happened.

It builds on this that he has a very twisted and dark past.

The main problems I face is I do not know enough about the lore of TES.
Also do you think my story has the power to go anywhere.

Ideas and help very welcome.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Mannulus

Article Writer
You are going to right a story? What was wrong with it?

I never done a book either, sounds painful. I prefer humans.

Your character wakes up on some wood in a river?

Lol....

klaker07

I think you need to firstly develop the characters "twisted and dark past" once you figure out what that is then you can start on the main problem/ dilemma you want your character to go through. If you're sticking to the game storyline I suggest you pick between the main quest or the civil war. Not both. If you want more creative freedom, and want to create your own story, then it's up to you to decide on what you do. I also suggest you put fragments of the characters bad past in a little bit at a time so as not to overwhelm your readers and also to keep them hooked. I think you could have a good story if you work at fine tuning what it is you want to get out of your story. Good luck!

Aerin

IOK's Token Brit
From personal writing experience I would suggest sitting down and thinking more on your characters past. Often before writing a character I spend a good long time creating their story, as their past will be what guides their future actions. When you write them, try to place yourself in their position, how would they react to the world around them, what would they think, what emotions might arise. I think as long as you have a good idea of your character the story can go as far as you'd like.

Like Klaker says, don't feel the need to lay out your character's story straight out the gate. Let it develop and reveal itself. Not only will it keep your readers wanting more, but it's more natural. After all, people don't just lay out their life story the first time you meet them.

As for the lore, there are plenty of people here on the forums who I'm sure would be happy to help. Otherwise UESP is your best friend.

That became a little more involved than I intended ,but I hope it's been helpful :) Good luck with your writing!

Neriad13

Premium Member
Sit down and start writing. Browse through the UESP Wiki and Elder Scrolls Wiki. Read every ingame book you can possibly find. Do quests you've never done before, talk to people you've never met. Pay deep attention to your ingame surroundings. Try out the other games to see what led up to the current situation. Take long walks around the block and daydream about what your character's backstory might be. You never know what it is you can do unless you try it. :)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts