• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

TheQahnaarin

Son of Skyrim
I've made a new warrior class character, and was wondering if I could get any advice or feedback on him. He's sort of a heroic but short-tempered stereotypical dragonborn.

Race: Nord
Name: Beo Winterbrand
Major skills: One-handed, block, restoration, archery, heavy armor
Backstory: His mother was a healer in the legion who was forced to desert at the close of the Great War due to Beo's birth. His father was an unknown Legionaire who was never heard from again after the battle for the Imperial City (I like the idea of him actually being a manifestation of Akatosh, which is why Beo is Dragonborn). Before she died she delivered him to a small chapel of the divines which kept up Talos worship. When Beo was about 10, the Thalmor arrived, arrested the priests, desecrated the temple and kicked Beo out onto the streets. He grew up in poverty around Bruma. He eventually joined some bandits when faced with no other options. He ended up doing some stuff he's not proud of but rebelled against the gang when witnessing some of the crueler methods of the gang's leader to some caravaneers they were robbing. He was chased by the group and he unkowingly ended up on the Skyrim border.

LuChao

The Martial artist
very interesting build idea

Nocte Aeterna

Sir Not-Appearing-in-This-Film
I'd call this more of a paladin rather than a warrior. But pallies are ridiculously fun to play. There's always something for you to do since you're essentally helping out as many people in need as you possibly can. It's even better when you consider his backstory.

(Also, I love the surname "Winterhand". Alternatively, you could stylize it as "Winter-Hand" if you wish. Nordic naming customs are pretty cool, in my opinion.)

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
Have you considered adding Restoration to the build? I've done so on my current Nord warrior and the healing/turn undead thing just seems to make him such a nice guy. Even Lydia keeps accusing him of being a priest because he keeps healing her hurts. Of course he still kicks butt, but, still. :)

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
Have you considered adding Restoration to the build? I've done so on my current Nord warrior and the healing/turn undead thing just seems to make him such a nice guy. Even Lydia keeps accusing him of being a priest because he keeps healing her hurts. Of course he still kicks butt, but, still. :)
Restoration is in the build... That is why we are dropping the term "Paladin" around.

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
Restoration is in the build... That is why we are dropping the term "Paladin" around.
Ah, yes. Sorry - I missed that one. Apologies.

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
On that note you could add Alteration, The magic resist is really helpful and you can have a cool "Prepare for combat" moment of pre-combat spell casts.

Nocte Aeterna

I'd really only add Alteration if you truly feel that you want to become a wall. Walls are fun to play, too.

TheQahnaarin

Son of Skyrim
On that note you could add Alteration, The magic resist is really helpful and you can have a cool "Prepare for combat" moment of pre-combat spell casts.

That's not a bad idea, I'll probably get more into magic later on though, I usually neglect putting a lot of points into magicka at the start

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
That's not a bad idea, I'll probably get more into magic later on though, I usually neglect putting a lot of points into magicka at the start
Yeah all you need to be able to do is cast armor at the start of the fight and it will power level on its own. And you dont need to capstone it (get to 100) you only need 70 (I realize only is relative at this point.)

Jurgarik Greycloak

Techno master of Tamriel.
I am working on an Altmer Knight that uses light armor (elven or glass) along with same material and quality greatswords. Why? because I can, and the boos to illusion means I do not need to put too much work levelling it up.

Nocte Aeterna

Lothaire, my Breton conjurer/knight hybrid isn't just your average anti-hero. He's a fallen hero. He used to be revered as a good-willed knight, but his ideals became heavily corrupted and blinded by his own repressed desires (in other words, there's an ever-present storm raging in the depths of his mind). Long story short, he was sabotaged, manipulated, and expunged of all sense of justice and empathy by the Daedra whom he accidentally interacted with out of curiosity. He now acts as a corrupt "prophet" in their name, and attempts to spread their teachings and ethics through acts of terror and violence in accordance with the voices he now hears in his head (of which he perceives is them, reaching out to him through a different plane of Oblivion).

He's pretty tough. Dremora conjuring, along with a sword/mace-and-board combo (it changes depending on the desired enchantment) and enchanted heavy armor makes him a formidable force on Master difficulty.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts