New to the forum, having trouble

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

HuckingFarley

HuckingFarley
  1. This is my first post. I have been playing Skyrim since receiving the disk as a Christmas present from my son, this past year. I am a Nord, Segurd, level 54. I am experiencing several problems.
    (1) I cannot get any more assignments from the Companions.
    (2) Vilkas, continually interrupts by drawing his sword and asking the same questions. I have to keep running away from him, until I get far enough from him and then he is not a problem. Each time I go back to Jorrvaskr Vilkas comes back!
    (3) When I go to Dawnguard for new quests, most are the same, or slightly different, especially " A Jarl's Justice". This really makes me not want to get any more quests from them.
    (4) Are there any other areas that open up besides Skyrim and Solstheim?
    (5) This is one of the most addicting games I have ever played.
    Any help or answers to my questions will be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    HF aka Segurd

I just went back and checked all of my quests and have found three that are apparently, not completed. Each of these are in the completed list however.

2. (1) Proving Honor: all diamonds are shaded except, Return to Jorrvaskr.
    (2) Infiltration: all three diamonds are not shaded.
    (3) Rogue Wizard: only one diamond, and it is not shaded.
    I have a feeling that (1) may be affecting the Companions and Vilkas. I don't know how to go back and get the diamonds shaded in

I have some possible options for you. I have had this game for one year though I have sold it and bought it back three times. The first time I played it was very glitchy in terms of AI and would freeze everyday.

When I did not install all of the add ons it performed differently. If you have a game saved with add ons and then delete say for instance the dawngaurd add on, then you can still play your character but anything dawngaurd related will be gone.

So my humble recommendation is to delete your dawngaurd add on so that you could free up some virtual space for your companions campaign. Additionally I dont know many players who have not had to start all over because of similar issues. But thats not a bad thing because as you level up your character will become more powerful because you have more knowledge of how the gameplay works.

HuckingFarley

Thanks for the info. I have restarted several times, but not this far along. However, I think it is a good option. Maybe if I don't try to use too many shortcuts and do one quest at a time.... At least I can play from the start and not get frustrated.
Thanks again

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts