New Shenmue 3 Details, Courtesy Of Yu Suzuki

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Peter Paltridge

Administrator
The website DualShockers published an interview with Yu Suzuki today. In it Suzuki revealed some new information regarding the development of the long-demanded sequel, Shenmue 3.

Yu said the game will feature four main bosses, and that one of them would be Lan Di, who previously appeared in the other two games (released in 1999 and 2001). He also said the fourth boss would be "an extremely beautiful and sexy, but cruel woman" who focuses more on "cunning than head-on fighting." How that will translate to gameplay is up to interpretation at this point, but it shows possibilities. As for the other two bosses, Suzuki remained tight-lipped.

Suzuki also mentioned a simplified fighting system that would be "more cinematic" and a romantic subplot regarding "the differences between how men and women think." In regards to the fighting system, Yu used a pen and paper (literally) to demonstrate what he has in mind in this new video:

Wrapping up, Suzuki said Sega's involvement in Shenmue 3's development has been "minimal" but that, despite this, they still serve as advisers on the game. Shenmue 3 is being targeted for a 2017 release date for PC and Playstation 4.
View the Post on the Blog

I got rid of most of my older console games years ago but never had the heart to part with the final fantasies, other squaresoft games, and of course shenmue 1 and 2. I somehow ended up with two copies of one of them. Can't remember which one though. I later bought a copy of shenmue 2 for the original xbox which was to play on my 360. It was English language but I think I preferred the subtitled one for the dreamcast. Anyways, I look forwards to the last installation of this trilogy, hopefully more forklift races are involved. . . . .

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts