• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

HarleyQuinn

Administrator
We are finally on the new server set up. With this move, we should see the stalls we've been experiencing go away. Our apologies on the length of time it took. It can take that long when you're moving between companies and we thank you for your patience. In this thread you can notify us of any issues you run into related to the new server move.

There might be others you are friends with that cannot yet see the new server. Sometimes DNS changes really can take up to 48 hours to propagate the entirety of the internet.

Thanks again for your patience and we look forward to bringing you back regular service.

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
Hm, my usual search test lookup didn't return any results. I use "water bug" since that should return posts from me from pretty far back.

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
Ok, other folks are getting results. I just did another one and got back to December 2011.

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
I'm also seeing several members who can initially find the proper live forums, but keep getting booted off, then it reloads the stale "server is down" one. I went through this for several hours this morning and no amount of cache-clearing and dns-flushing seemed to have meaningful effect. It seems fine for me now so I'm hoping it's just a time issue whilst the DNS info is repopulated.

HarleyQuinn

Administrator
Everyone should be on the new server by now. Are you still getting users seeing the old one?

They fixed the users online glitch for this site. I'm having them look for a more global solution. Seems like a pain in the ass to do a work around for each and every site just because we're using a load balancer.

Search is very slow for me. I'm reminding them to look at that.

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
I haven't gotten any more reports about loading the cached copy of the site.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts