• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

kyleskiller

Now I hope this hasn't been done yet, but I wanted to see what people's opinions are and what you can come up with for new classes. I've seen some talk in DLC/next elder scrolls thread, but I wanted one just for new races. Some of the ideas I've seen are pretty cool, and would love to see it happen. Now one I thought of, at first was making giants playable races, then after thinking about, would be kinda unrealistic, but how a hybrid giant-man race, now there are a lot of other ideas I would love to see before this, I just want to see what everybody thought of it and if people would play as it. Please, let me know what you think.

skyrimaddict1323

Dovahkiin1323
Now I hope this hasn't been done yet, but I wanted to see what people's opinions are and what you can come up with for new classes. I've seen some talk in DLC/next elder scrolls thread, but I wanted one just for new races. Some of the ideas I've seen are pretty cool, and would love to see it happen. Now one I thought of, at first was making giants playable races, then after thinking about, would be kinda unrealistic, but how a hybrid giant-man race, now there are a lot of other ideas I would love to see before this, I just want to see what everybody thought of it and if people would play as it. Please, let me know what you think.

Hagrid!!

Arthur Dragon Born

Breton Mage
How about humanoid insects? :rolleyes:

Hargood

Defender of Helpless Kittens
Thinking of new races and classes are fun to ponder. I often wonder what race would be a playable one. It would have to be one that would "Work" with the game instead of just being playable. Being a playable Falmar, for example, would be fun but how far could it go. Would you have Falmar Villiages with Falmar Cities where you do Falmar quests? What would happen if you go into the other cities?

I will say, however, that The Elder Scrolls series has pretty much been a solid tradition on what character races are playable up to now. It isn't something like "World of Warcraft" where they invent new interactive races every expansion. Back when TES originally made their races, it was a "Diffrent Look to all races" type of creation. They didn't even have a Playable "Imperial" because the Breton race kind of took the helm of the Anglo-saxon European looking people. In Morrowind they went ahead and made them a race because they are alittle bit more distinct than that along with having a province in the world. Orcs also came in Morrwind because the developing of Daggerfall made them more than just a Mob. (They become a Sovern Nation in High Rock in the questline)

So a New race would have to be something that can walk into a normal city of the races that are in the game now and take a quest without all the People in the city running for their lives are wanting to kill it. I kind of think all those are playable now. It would stink to be a Giant and never be able to take quests at any quest hub for the other races, as well it would look really, REALLY wierd if Giants and Falmar, etc were just hanging around Whiterun trying to sell you sweet rolls :D

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
For the sake of lore, I prefer we don't get any new playable race. The 10 we have now are common inhabitants of Tamriel so it makes sense. Falmer are obscure and now too feral to be a playable race. Dwemers are pretty much extinct along with few other ancient races. Like mentioned above, I would dread on the day when Bethesda pulls off something so stupidly gimmicky like 'NEW PLAYABLE RACE THAT SUDDENLY APPEARED INTO THE LORE OUT OF NOWHERE'. Oh god, World of Warcraft. Dranei, worgen and now pandas.

But if you are interested, you can check out other obscure races of Nirn. They are quite interesting indeed and I do hope to interact with them more in the game.
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Races

I'm not really sure if they ever will add a new race. If they do, I am betting that it will be Falmer or Dwemer. Those would be pretty cool, but something interesting lore-wise would have to happen for them to come into play, or we would get an ES game set in the past. If I were to think up a race, I think I would like to see some sort of race of fish-men. That would sure be interesting. They could have a city underwater, and maybe the other races could visit by wearing a breathing aparatus of some kind. Also, I'm thinking maybe this race would be more like dolphins and whales and have a blowhole, that way we could justify them walking on land. Either that or they would need a breathing aparatus on land... Wow that sounds far-fetched! :p

Ajones2323

The Black Knight
Well, if you guys are familiar with Akivir, there are four different races there. There's a tiger race, a monkey-man race, a vampire serpent race, and a demon race. I mention them because in one of the books, it says that the leader of the tiger race, the tiger dragon "the biggest dragon in the world", wants to invade Tamriel for some unknown reason. Could be a story for a future TES?

Well, if you guys are familiar with Akivir, there are four different races there. There's a tiger race, a monkey-man race, a vampire serpent race, and a demon race. I mention them because in one of the books, it says that the leader of the tiger race, the tiger dragon "the biggest dragon in the world", wants to invade Tamriel for some unknown reason. Could be a story for a future TES?
I like the way you think! :)

Again, It depends. Would this monkey man race look good sitting in Whiterun selling Bananas?
Only if thier racial ability is "Sling Fecal Matter: Constantly sling feces with the fury of your ancestors, causing poison and fear in all nearby enemies for 30 seconds" Only then will this supposed monkey race be acceptable!

Ajones2323

The Black Knight
Well, the book says they are a kind race, so i could see them integrated into society. The same could be said with the Tiger race. However, the other two not so much. I mean demons and vampire snakes could make the townsfolk a little sketched out.

Sparkz

Mysterious Creature
For a playable race i would think maby a snow elf before they turned into the falmor,since there already ingrained in the history.Ya its only a variation on the elf race but atleast its not some weird concoction of mixed races that really dont have a place in the history of elderscrolls series.

Hargood

Defender of Helpless Kittens
I guess its no crazier than cat and lizard people.

I do like how Khajiit and Argonians are scaled back alot in Skyrim but the Player has full access to play as one and you can totally be in the experience.

Other Games I've seen with a whole bunch of diffrent animal characters running around turns a little Games Village to a Zoo! (Ugh the Smell must be awefull)

Ajones2323

The Black Knight
For a playable race i would think maby a snow elf before they turned into the falmor,since there already ingrained in the history.Ya its only a variation on the elf race but atleast its not some weird concoction of mixed races that really dont have a place in the history of elderscrolls series.

The only setback for this is that it would require the story to go back in time. I don't know about you, but i'd rather see it progress further into the future.

Sparkz

Mysterious Creature
The only setback for this is that it would require the story to go back in time. I don't know about you, but i'd rather see it progress further into the future.

good point totaly forgot about that when i was writing the post.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts