• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

carz101

The Steve Of Skyrim!
I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right thread, feel free to correct me. I was playing Skyrim today, and did the quest in Mistwatch where you talk to Christer and he gives you the quest to save his wife. Now, I pretty much guessed his wife was gonna be a bandit, but whatever. So when I got all done getting rid of Christer, I talked to Fjola again, and finished the quest. Now, here comes the inspiration for my idea. As she leaves, she mentions that we'll meet again someday.

For some reason, that little line got me thinking. What if there was a new patch/mod/DLC that added a new questline, say, as part of the Main Quest, or maybe an entirely new objective. Now, the fun part comes from Frojla's line. What if on this new quest, you could request help from your friends. You could call on anyone who you've made friends with through previous questlines, such as Brynjolf from the Thieves guild, or Aela and Farkas from the Companions.You could even call on people that you've befriended through small quests, people like Fjola and Sven.

I just thought I'd throw this out there, and see what everyone thinks.

Cherry

Farfetch'd is judging you!
There's certainly potential here.

What about something like this:

You get a letter from one of the jarls for example, saying they need help, get over here. They tell you that they've been waging a war against a seriously powerful faction of bandits, and need your help to win it. So, you hear the bandits are going to attack a village, so you rush there and start slaughtering bandits left and right. Then, you see Fjola. You look at each other in the eyes for a few seconds, and...

Make up the rest of the story :D

Pendalyn

Very Dangerous Nobody
I dig it. If i could mod, i would make my own backstory into a bit of a questline. Put a book or two that makes random mention of Queen Alissa's possible bloodline with a mortal champion when she was companioned with Kyne's demi god son (since demi gods couldn't have children). Have those books mention some sort of shrine or cave holding proof of this blood line. Once you find the cave/place, by using the obscure references in the books, you could receive another book and some artifact, then the group that has been hunting my bloodline for eons would appear and attack you, then triggering random attacks during your skyrim travels (much like random bandit attacks, or similar to the assassins coming after you).

You have a pretty neat idea, now go learn to mod ;)

carz101

The Steve Of Skyrim!
I dig it. If i could mod, i would make my own backstory into a bit of a questline. Put a book or two that makes random mention of Queen Alissa's possible bloodline with a mortal champion when she was companioned with Kyne's demi god son (since demi gods couldn't have children). Have those books mention some sort of shrine or cave holding proof of this blood line. Once you find the cave/place, by using the obscure references in the books, you could receive another book and some artifact, then the group that has been hunting my bloodline for eons would appear and attack you, then triggering random attacks during your skyrim travels (much like random bandit attacks, or similar to the assassins coming after you).

You have a pretty neat idea, now go learn to mod ;)

I'm actually looking into talking computer programming courses, including those specializing in gaming. So if I manage to learn something, I'll be making this mod.

Pendalyn

Very Dangerous Nobody
I'm actually looking into talking computer programming courses, including those specializing in gaming. So if I manage to learn something, I'll be making this mod.

Make sure to make the place dusty and dingy, and the books shabby and worn. While the order hunting my blood line is still around (they were sword spells, but NOT the blades, and I don't have a name or history attached to them), the artifact and book and location they are stashed would have been from the first era.

carz101

The Steve Of Skyrim!
Hmmm. I definitely like the story line. I'll have to do some lore research when/if I make the mod.

Pendalyn

Very Dangerous Nobody
The mortal companionship is not going to be in lore for Alissa. There was a brief blurb about how Morihaus couldn't have children, because he was a demi god, and there wasn't other mention of Alissa having children, so I used the opening to fit my back story in. Would be a very cool "inside story" kinda thing though... I might have to bring this up over at the BS forums and see if it's a project they might wanna take on. People could submit their backstories, and modders and developers could see where certain things might fit in.

carz101

The Steve Of Skyrim!
Sounds like a great idea. Even if I do start taking classes, it's gonna be years probably before I can mod skyrim properly.

Pendalyn

Very Dangerous Nobody
May be some enterprising young modder will come along and take up the cause ;)

Latest posts