New PC skyrim player, mods questions?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

OdysseusGamer

Hi all.

I finally got skyrim for PC yesterday, I had it/played it on PS3 already...

my specs are:
AMD athlon ii X2 255 3.1 ghz dual core
radeon HD 6570 1gb
4gb ram
500 watts power supply
Directx11
windows 7 64 bits

I run the game on high settings quite decent, with 27- 35 FPS, I think its playable.
If i put the graphics to medium, everything runs very fast, +40 -60 fps.

So, I have some questions if you guys could help me...

1. As i said, i played skyrim on PS3 and im wondering if medium-high graphic settings on PC look already better than console visuals?

2. One of the reasons i got skyrim for PC is because of the mods, I would like to know if all of the mods that give you better visuals, like the realistic water mod, HD textures mod, enhanced night mod....are going to drop my FPS?

3. Do mods work, make a difference if you play on medium settings? or just in high, ultra?

4. is there some kind of mod that gives you a few more FPS without loosing quality?

Thanks if you answer.

VictoireXII

Crazed Skyrim Photographer
1. How good it looks really depends on the graphics card, as well as other factors. I have not played it on consoles, so I don't really know how it looks like. But since you played on the console, I think you would be a better judge of that.

2. Yes they will drop your FPS. They are higher in definition, and so your PC has to load more stuff, and uses more memory, thus results in FPS decrease. But they can make the game look really great.

3. Depends, some mods only show differences if you play them on at least high or ultra. Some show changes regardless of medium, high or ultra.

4. Both these mods help to increase your FPS ingame.
http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=4387
http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=5695

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts