1. Welcome to Skyrim Forums. You totally should register so you can experience everything our community offers. We have various resources related to Skyrim which include a massive array of Guides and Tutorials. If you're here just for the discussion you can check out our General Skyrim Discussion section or if you're here for help you can check out our Skyrim Help section. We also have the latest Skyrim News and fun stuff like Roleplaying and even a Skyrim Fan Fiction section!

Are you here to discuss Dawnguard? You may discuss it by signing up and checking out this section.

So if you love Skyrim you should join for sure. Click the 'Sign Up' button on the right to register your account. You can register with your Facebook or Steam account.

New patch did not fix Blood on Ice

Discussion in 'General Skyrim Discussion' started by Mathieulebum, Nov 30, 2011.

1. Mathieulebum New Member

Message Count:
    I was so excited that a new patch came out i though 'Yes i will finally be able to do the quest and get the house at Windhelm... After about 10 minutes off 'waiting' leaving and returning to the city it seems its still bugged. Nice one Bethesda
  2. BreakfastClub718 New Member

Message Count:
    I think I have the same problem, but a different quest. The one were you have to find the woman in whiterun.
  3. nogz Member

Message Count:
    As far as I know this patch does not fix any of the quest bugs in the game.

That being said. Did you finish the civil war quest line? I found a funny way to trigger the quest but you have to do it right after you first visit the city.
  4. Gandalf The Boss Pupil of Nienna. Defender of Middle Earth

Message Count:
    We must keep up Hope. I don't think Bethesda will turn there fans down :) We just need to put a little more trust in them.
  5. Mathieulebum New Member

Message Count:
    Yes i have finish the civil war quest and i did enter the city more than once so i guess it wont work out for me but thanks anyway.
  6. Vrael42 Member

Message Count:
    Dude, they fluffed up EVERYTHING, this patch made things worse by far even, additional to the fact that they fixed sh**, some minor bs no one cares about. lazy idiots! Try to use a bookshelf everybody, use it, take a book out (has nothing to do w oghma infinium btw) and put some back, go off and try it again, bookshelf breaks and is unusable forever. Thumbs up bethesda
    Mathieulebum likes this.
  7. UberCharger11 Member

Message Count:
    I didnt know that i was so lucky for having done BLOOD ON THE ICE.
    Iwill tell you history of my character.
    nord male first thing i did is i went to college of winterhold.
    and i became a member, i went windhelm, and got first quest from Keep.
    after hading done few quest from keep, i met a girl who said her sister died.
  8. Gandalf The Boss Pupil of Nienna. Defender of Middle Earth

Message Count:
    Well I didn't say that this new patch was great.. I just meant that this isn't anything new. Bethesda always produce buggy games and is always fixing them up in the end. I still remember when Morrowind and Oblivion came out.. Holy sh**. Those weren't any small buggs in those game either. And this will be like the first patch of like 100.
    Just be fluffing patience...
  9. LordTalos Member

Message Count:
    Let's just say bugs make my blood boil like bugs make me itch. It's like a giant mudcrab that never dies.... It's something that should be highly looked at. Some people don't have the patience or nerves of steel, I feel sorry for them.
  10. Vrael42 Member

Message Count:
    Did they finally patch the patch now?? Or do they let their customers wait a few more days before they fix what they fluffed up...
  11. Deadhand PLEASE DON'T EAT THOSE SOCKS!

Message Count:
    The patch notes never mentioned fixing quests. You shouldn't have expected it to fix quests, and you wouldn't have been disappointed. There are (and were) plenty of non-quest bugs that needed fixed, and there are plenty more. I want them to fix quests as much as you do, I'm stuck on BotI as well as many other quests, but first things first. Let them do their thing...
  12. Pris0ner Member

Message Count:
    If they could fix the Blood on the Ice quest, and the problem where you cannot talk to Mercer Frey after Loud and Clear, then I would be happy. Those are my two biggest problem with the game. Other than that though, certainly deserved winning GOTY!
  13. Fate >Living, Loving, Learning<

Message Count:
    See now, They are doing their best, and its a great game, a lot of people don't realize there is a cut off date for Bethesda too get this game out and get it selling, they may not have time too make it perfect, but at least they are trying. I admit Im not terribly happy about the game either but that doesn't mean Im not gonna enjoy it.