New Mod Gives Skyrim Pixar Visuals

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Peter Paltridge

Administrator
A new Skyrim mod from a man calling himself UniqueUses has been making waves in the Elder Scrolls fan community. He's showing off something he's been working on called "Toon Skyrim" that turns the graphics in the game into cartoon scenery.

When applied to Skyrim, the visual makeover is surprisingly effective. Mountains, trees, cabins and piles of rocks all look like they would in a CGI animated movie. The mod hits a wall, though, when it applies the same render to humanoids, monsters and NPCs. In that instance the loss of detail makes faces look smudgy and awful. He's working on improving that part, though.

UniqueUses explained how he built the mod on Reddit: “I’m basically making my own potato texture mod, with an enb [a visual mod] and weather that goes with it to help hide that ugly lod [level of detail]. I like the potato texture style, but I think a lot of fixing up needs to be done for it to be playable. So I’m going to attempt to make things like signs and faces readable but still fit the potato style. For example, certain puzzles need to be seen, so I’m going to edit those.”

Because of the current face problem, the mod is still incomplete, so UniqueUses has not released it yet. But he has put up a video showcasing how the world of Skyrim is transformed and toonified. Check it out below...

View the Post on the Blog

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts