New Character Build - Redguard Vampire Hunter

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Cerberus65

Ancient One
Eve all, this is my first attempt at creating an actual role playing build. I am planning to create a vampire hunter that hails from Hammerfell. I have been writing the back story for this character, so I have the role playing aspect covered. Link below if interested:

http://skyrimforum.com/threads/journal-of-a-fallen-hammerfell-noble-dawnguard-spoilers.27741/

Role playing aside, what I need is a bit of guidance into what skills I should focus particularly on in the sense of what a vampire hunter would do.

any guidance would be appreciated.

Cheers.

BlazeGlory

First, you should do the break of dawn quest for sure since vampires count as undead, You should also get enchanting to resist magicka and the weapon effects for siphoning magicka and health. You should work on alchemy so you can get higher level poisons and potions, and probably 1H and destruction for fireballs as vampires are 50% weaker to fire.

Joker

Cook, Wine Taster, Scotch Taster, Adventure Seeker
Archery would help keep the Vamps off you from a distance. Maybe a bow with fire enchantment would work best.

Cerberus65

Ancient One
That is the way I was considering; one handed sword and one handed fire destruction spell, while using archery as a means of ranged combat. I see no point in alchemy as poisons don't affect the undead.

I've never really considered using enchanting before, so I'll definitely give it a shot this time round.

Jo'rak Vandeni

Jurrrl o' Sweden
Enchanting is really OP if you ask me, smithing as well, you should try them out.
Vampires really get munched by fire, so fire enchantments on weapons, and a big fiery ball of fire in their faces usually gets them

AS88

Staff member
I see no point in alchemy as poisons don't affect the undead.

Alchemy is a lot more than poisons. How about a Fortify Destruction potion adding 50% onto your destruction spells' potency, or a Fortify Marksman giving your archery a boost in a crowded room, or a Resist Frost giving you another advantage over vampires, etc?