New 1.9 patch for console review/testing

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Shadow King

Grand master of the Order of Talos.
Alot of people on here playing on consoles have said that they will wait to see what other players will say about the recent patch before they update, so this is for us who did update today to tell them what we have seen and if the patch seems okay. so any info and ure oppinions on anything in this patch would be great for the guys who are waiting. so lets test it out and put ure review of it all on here.

okay so I got the update I have only played 10 minutes but I have 2 things to tell u about.

1. Oghma infinium book has been patched over, I know they said they would and they did, I done the bookshelf and the chest ways of reusing the book and it has been patched for good now. I think/heard there is a duplication exploit out there, so a little hope for the lovers of the oghma.

2. I set smithing to legendary and all ure perks are returned and u cant make any armor/weapons, u have to increase smithing and unlock each perk as u go just like old times. I really thought the perks would stay and u could still craft daedric/dragon items at smithing 15 :S (but its all good I guess)

Thats all the news I have the now, I hope other players add to this information thread, for use players who are waiting to see if the patch is okay. Im away to play for an hour or two then I will return, (I hate the number 81 im gonna grind to 82 for sure then take it easy, maybe lol)

more info updates

1. Lucan at the Riverwood trader is patched 2000 instead of around 12000 septims.

2. I estimate legendary to be around 30% harder than master see posts bellow for details.

3. The Riften meadery speech exploit has been patched, no more easy speech increases.

4. Daedric quest waking nighmares doesn't freeze when saving anymore as Bethesda promised.

5. The alchemy/restoration exploit still works.

6. The Invisible glitched chest at Dawnstar is still working (I ain't tried other invisible chests)

7. I have found a way to level much faster than the Oghma exploit/glitch look at my new thread

Chadonraz

"The Pale Lady" now starts properly when approaching Frostmere Crypt from the north. I happened to have left my character in Dawnstar, so it was easy to check.

On a less positive note... I got a werewolf picture loading screen, even though my character has yet to contract Lycanthropy. I don't think that's supposed to happen. Guess that has to do with them (supposedly) reducing the odds of getting one while you're a werewolf.

sticky runes

I don't quite get the perk resetting thing - does it mean we lose the perks we unlocked, then have to achieve them again?

Have you got any bugged quests that have been fixed? For example, quests that you have finished, but are still showing up in your journal as if unfinished?

Shadow King

I don't quite get the perk resetting thing - does it mean we lose the perks we unlocked, then have to achieve them again?

Have you got any bugged quests that have been fixed? For example, quests that you have finished, but are still showing up in your journal as if unfinished?

Yea u got to unlock them again :sadface: u still keep the perk points though.

I havn't tried anthing to do with quests yet I have been testing the legendary skill perks bro.

Shadow King

So I did It I made the smithing legendary then got it back up to 100 only got 2.4 levels from going from 15 to 100 :sadface: so I am level 83 for doing that. I made it legendary once again and where the legendary symbol is under a skill a little 2 appeard so thats cool u can see how many times u have made it legendary :)

Thanks for the info. I was wondering if you can "re-legendary" a skill after getting it back up to 100 again.

Lucan at the Riverwood Trader has a lot less cash. His glitch is fixed. He still seems obsessed with the golden claw.

Shadow King

Those bastards lol, I went to see lucan at the Riverwood trader and instead of him having 11000-12000 septims he has 2000 septims, they have patched over his gold, now I gotta go to solitude and go in a dozen loading screens to sell that amount of stuff, it really saved time and made it more enjoyable having him with tons of gold :sadface: but its all good a new challenge im rich as hell anyways :D

Shadow King

Thanks for the info. I was wondering if you can "re-legendary" a skill after getting it back up to 100 again.

Lucan at the Riverwood Trader has a lot less cash. His glitch is fixed. He still seems obsessed with the golden claw.

lol I was writing my lucan thing when u wrote ures, yea it sucks big time, wish he would shut up about the riverwood trader is back in buisness speech, I done his quest 2 in game years ago lol

Shadow King

Im going to do that, I hate having a huge inventory :sadface:

orca45

What we do in life, echoes in the eternity !
Hi Shadow King. First off, thank you so much for the early update about this patch. I do have a question and if you have the time, please answer me in details : I am at level 81, so the perks reset works out exactly ? How do you reset them ? When you do, you are going down to what level ? How do you get more perks to increase to Legendary ?
Regarding the Oghma book, I don't care. I have 4 files with different setup for my magic, health and stamina so, they can have the Oghma back.
Then you or someone else mentioned that Lucas in Riverwood does not carry 10k anymore and let me tell you, that' suck! But see, for a lot of people they would not like the patch to "fix" that situation as for others like me, I don't like the Oghma was "fixed" but there is always a way around. Now I guess we would have to visit every single freaking merchant to sale our stuff but at the same time, the PRO of this is that before I invested perks on my Speech skill up to Investor and I gues now I do not have the need to go that high on this skill tree so I am saving at least one or two perks for something else more useful. What would be the point to keep this skill tree up to Investor if Lucas does not carry 10k anymore ? See my point ?
I'll be waiting for your answer bro and thank you so much in advance and for your previous help. :)

Fist the Oghma, then Lucas and now Ungrien. Things are sooo much more expensive with a low Speech. I though i was a thief. These merchants are robbing me all the time now.

Shadow King

Hi Shadow King. First off, thank you so much for the early update about this patch. I do have a question and if you have the time, please answer me in details : I am at level 81, so the perks reset works out exactly ? How do you reset them ? When you do, you are going down to what level ? How do you get more perks to increase to Legendary ?
Regarding the Oghma book, I don't care. I have 4 files with different setup for my magic, health and stamina so, they can have the Oghma back.
Then you or someone else mentioned that Lucas in Riverwood does not carry 10k anymore and let me tell you, that' suck! But see, for a lot of people they would not like the patch to "fix" that situation as for others like me, I don't like the Oghma was "fixed" but there is always a way around. Now I guess we would have to visit every single freaking merchant to sale our stuff but at the same time, the PRO of this is that before I invested perks on my Speech skill up to Investor and I gues now I do not have the need to go that high on this skill tree so I am saving at least one or two perks for something else more useful. What would be the point to keep this skill tree up to Investor if Lucas does not carry 10k anymore ? See my point ?
I'll be waiting for your answer bro and thank you so much in advance and for your previous help. :)

hey bro np, to reset a skill all u have to do is have 100 in the skill u want to reset then there will be an option on that skill to make it legendary. ure level never changes it cant go backwards so making a skill legendary would keep u at level 81, the thing that changes I will give u an example, if u have smithing at 100 and make it legendary the smithing skill drops from 100 to 15 allowing u to level that skill 85 times before u get it back to 100, and thats how u can increase level because u have room to improve once again, hope that helped :)

Yea I will be removing a couple perks from speech now aswell :)

Shadow King

Fist the Oghma, then Lucas and now Ungrien. Things are sooo much more expensive with a low Speech. I though i was a thief. These merchants are robbing me all the time now.

I never ever used that exploit because it bores me but a friend does he aint gonna be happy lol. the Skyrim economy is doomed there is no fair trade anymore :sadface:

Twiffle

hey bro np, to reset a skill all u have to do is have 100 in the skill u want to reset then there will be an option on that skill to make it legendary. ure level never changes it cant go backwards so making a skill legendary would keep u at level 81, the thing that changes I will give u an example, if u have smithing at 100 and make it legendary the smithing skill drops from 100 to 15 allowing u to level that skill 85 times before u get it back to 100, and thats how u can increase level because u have room to improve once again, hope that helped :)

Yea I will be removing a couple perks from speech now aswell :)

so when you go back down to 15 in smithing, does that mean you can only smith iron and leather, if so whats the point in that?

Shadow King

I was trying to find a system to see how much stronger enemys are on legendary, the best way to test this is to use one of the weakest enemys here is my results hope it gives some indication.

I let a mudcrab attack me on 2 difficultys and counted how many attacks it takes to kill me.

Master = 17 blows

Legendary = 12 blows

so it takes 5 attacks less to kill me on legendary difficulty I dont know the percentage exactly but I guess its probs about 30% harder on legendary than master.

Shadow King

so when you go back down to 15 in smithing, does that mean you can only smith iron and leather, if so whats the point in that?

Sadly yes. It is crazy because really 15 legendary is actually 101 if u know what I mean, off course legendary 15 should be higher than 100 normal, so losing my crafting for a while is annoying, but its great to increase level thats why people will do it, u dont lose the perk points they get given back so u can use on smithing again or any other skill u wish.

Twiffle

Sadly yes. It is crazy because really 15 legendary is actually 101 if u know what I mean, off course legendary 15 should be higher than 100 normal, so losing my crafting for a while is annoying, but its great to increase level thats why people will do it, u dont lose the perk points they get given back so u can use on smithing again or any other skill u wish.

thanks for that, iv never got past lvl 50 so it isnt going to affect me, and by the sounds of it i wont bother if i ever do, but other things will be reported over the next few weeks and maybe it will have more benefits than currently meets the eye.

scarey

Well I got smithing to 100 because I wanted a set of daedric & the dragon armors. I have these now and will probably never smith again, except to make rings to enchant with specific abilities. I can now invest the perks elsewhere. I'll make sure my primary equipment is improved as much as possible before making it legendary though.

Rainbow

Criminal Scum
Sounds like I'll save legendary status for my enchanting and smithing probably. I learned the hard way you don't wanna use it on primary skills like one handed and stuff, lol.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts